GreaseSpot Cafe

Ex-Way Member Vents on YouTube

JustSayNO

what group is he talking about?

The Way, he made a few speculations on things he didn't participate in and kinda filled in the gaps I think, but he was pretty dead on with the heart behind it and his feelings about it as well as the the motives and manipulations they use.

As to Year2027's links, I'm not sure what group those are.

Laying at the leaders feet is definately not something TWI literally (cough) practiced.

Not saying they wouldn't if they could get away with it. But why bother when they have you do it spiritually.

Edited by JustSayNO

I found this vlog interesting and wonder how recent his experience is.

I particularly noted and concurred with his stated of how loving they seem and if you disagree then you feel like a jackarse....or something along those lines.

It's like - we've done all this for you.....and you're greatful but at the same time you didn't really ask and it's as though you are pushed in a corner.

Anyone else had that experience?

I found this vlog interesting and wonder how recent his experience is.

I particularly noted and concurred with his stated of how loving they seem and if you disagree then you feel like a jackarse....or something along those lines.

It's like - we've done all this for you.....and you're greatful but at the same time you didn't really ask and it's as though you are pushed in a corner.

Anyone else had that experience?

I don't know when he was in but he made this video a few weeks ago.

As to your other question, absolutely.

For years I felt ashamed for questioning or disagreeing with what was being practiced or said. The common answer was that I wasn't spiritually mature enough to understand it yet and to place it on the back burner for awhile and just lean on others spiritually until I gained an understanding and revisit this thought at a later point and I would be amazed at how easy the answer would come to me.

Unfortunately as time went on I employed this same tactic I am embarassed to say when I was leading others. What I found out was that I "usually" said this when I had never gotten the question answered for myself in the first place and it was an easy "out". How screwed up they made us, to the point of not allowing any faults to be known to others because it made you weaker. How sad. How glad I am to be away from that and how sad for those still entwined in it.

God first

Beloved JustSayNO

God loves you my dear friend

just had to add them

as to "The Way International -- Peter Dizozza -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbJ6MHyrLWY...feature=related " I think its a member who is still in

but as to "Escape from Christianity -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf_3CYkRGAc...feature=related " it just sounds like some one who was in a cult than join another cult your link was with these two on U-Tube

thank you

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

God first

Beloved All

God loves you my dear friend

just watch the book is it the real PFAL book or not

pfal tour

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9Pj6cPGlew

pfal tour

about cults

about cults

questiable but something to think about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l0UVjYG-Xo...feature=related

questiable but something to think about

thank you

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

Edited by year2027

I received his permission to post this:

"It was called something like Christian Research and Fellowship......I was a recruit or whatever from summer 05 til winter/spring 06. ....The group had some centering in Central Florida (they pound the UCF for people to come to Fellowships). I went to the Fellowship of the guy who trained the missionaries and sent them out. They had some military sounding name for it... like something Corp. Anyways every December they have their "advanced class" in/near Destin Florida up on the coast of the panhandle. They rent out a resort and most of the membership show up... it isn't that large, although at first they make it seem like membership is in the thousands... i think if 200 people are at the advanced class they'd be happy... I vloged about it because i was telling a friend of mine on youtube about it and he said i should make a vid on it and linked me to his video response on escaping christianity. But yeah no PFAL or any classes. Lucked out. I did "learn how to speak in tongues" and they taught me a bunch of other stuff early, but no official learning.

I just remembered the leaders name... Hendricks... Ugh forget his first name... I think he lived in Marietta, Georgia his last few years. He'd record sermons and mail them out in bulk across the US. His family is sending out old sermons now via the mail. You cant unsubscribe... I still get some routed to (the state I'm in). Anyways pretty sure it was Christian Research and Fellowship or something like that. Virtually nothing on the net about them. They were anti-internet to the extreme."

He offered his e-mail address to post here but I don't feel comfortable doing that. He's not a member here but said he found this site the day before he was to take the PFAL.

Yeah, I know them. Their class is 'To Know God'. I knew people who discouraged internet use, but John Hendricks himself said he just thought the internet was one more thing that tempts people to spend too much time away from God, not "of the devil". They use the internet for their prayer power line. If anyone has a prayer request, they email it to you. They aren't that bad.

QUOTE(nandon @ Nov 17 2007, 08:11 PM)

what group is he talking about?

JustSayNo suggested The Way.

Actually, he said he belonged to an unnamed splinter group. I don't know which one has a nine-hour seminar.

George

Just listened again, my bad, your right. I missed it but everything else sounded dead on with TWI.

Edited by JustSayNO

Yep, it's John Hendrix group, now run by his daughter Ra****e since his death. They are having advanced class right now in Destin. I Have 2 brothers attending it.

They seem to be mild compared to TWI and other ofshoots, but they still have that know-it-all, you can't tell me nothing, thing going on. They hold VP's teachings in high regard with some minor modifications on the "law of beleiving" and a few other things but VPW is still the "Father in the Word" -- at least for my brothers, but it falls somewhat short of Wierweille worship.

On the positive side, they don't seem to be money mongers. Control freaks possibly, but not money mongers.

I wonder if this guy's experience was directly with the organization, or just with a group of folks that subscribe to the tapes and newsletters.

The reason I say this, is that according to my understanding, the organization does not control or lord over the fellowships. My older brother runs his own and does whatever he wants to.

My guess is that this guy got invovled with an autonomous fellowship of Ex-TWI folks that subscribe to the Hendrix tapes and newsletters and that these ex-TWI's, not knowing any better, still use some of the same methods and carry some of the same attitudes of TWI folks from way back when. (old habits are hard to break)

Edited by Goey

I received his permission to post this:

"It was called something like Christian Research and Fellowship......I was a recruit or whatever from summer 05 til winter/spring 06. ....The group had some centering in Central Florida (they pound the UCF for people to come to Fellowships). I went to the Fellowship of the guy who trained the missionaries and sent them out. They had some military sounding name for it... like something Corp.

Yikes! That's in my back yard! Those poor kids - there are TWIt kids who also attend UCF. I wonder if they've ever witnessed to each other. :biglaugh:

Maybe I should go anti-witnessing on campus...

I'm glad he realized how manipulated he was becoming and got out of the group before being totally beaten down and submissive to their every whim and doctrine.

Yep, it's John Hendrix group, now run by his daughter Ra****e since his death. They are having advanced class right now in Destin. I Have 2 brothers attending it.

They seem to be mild compared to TWI and other ofshoots, but they still have that know-it-all, you can't tell me nothing, thing going on. They hold VP's teachings in high regard with some minor modifications on the "law of beleiving" and a few other things but VPW is still the "Father in the Word" -- at least for my brothers, but it falls somewhat short of Wierweille worship.

On the positive side, they don't seem to be money mongers. Control freaks possibly, but not money mongers.

My guess is that this guy got invovled with an autonomous fellowship of Ex-TWI folks that subscribe to the Hendrix tapes and newsletters and that these ex-TWI's, not knowing any better, still use some of the same methods and carry some of the same attitudes of TWI folks from way back when. (old habits are hard to break)

Good news, I guess, but still bad "witness", if you will, for Hendrix's group if that behavior and treatment is not in line with their mission and doctrine since his name is attached to them.

Mary Ann Daly Hendricks is John's widow, but I have written to her and R*ch#l about if they do any new CD teachings. Obviously not since they must feel inferior to John's "mastery" of teaching. Mary Ann has never answered if she teaches piano or not locally(she majored in music At Salem College, ECU, and either UNC-G or Greensboro College).

I think his daughter's name is Rochelle. They still send them to us and I don't recall seeing one not taught by John since his death. I still see several of the people who go to that fellowship. Whatever they're doing must be working.

quote: but still bad "witness", if you will, for Hendrix's group if that behavior and treatment is not in line with their mission and doctrine since his name is attached to them.

Oh, please. Jesus couldn't even keep one of his own disciples from betraying him.