GreaseSpot Cafe

Guy Christmas Gifts

irisheyes

'55 pick-em-up, eh?

Here's an off the wall suggestion. Not so crazy, really.

Get him a model of that truck. I've searched for this already and come up empty. Perhaps the web would work?

You know, the kind guys used to build way back when.

The kind you build when you are too old for toys but too broke to buy a really nice car, or pick-em-up, as the case may be.

Get him paint that closely matches the paint on the real thing.

Ditto on the fuzzy dice.(Real ones for the truck and matching miniatures for the model.)

This way he can continue to build his "dream truck" even after he is done building his "dream truck".

A long time ago, I tried this with a model of my real car which had T-Tops. A 'vet?

It was a challenge trying to cut and fashion those mini-Tees.

The real car had racing wheels so, of course, I searched high and low for something that kinda matched.

I even found some fabric that approximated the real interior and customized the seats. This is actually the last hurdle and it'll be done.

Now, keep in mind that you can't just use a swath of the authentic fabric because it will lose its scaled ratio.

Old owner's manuals and advertising promotions for that vehicle are cool too but not always inexpensive and often hard to find.Besides may the frame, ain't nothing originaly on this thing. Ha.

Then again, a nice bottle of Cognac brandy, V.S.O.P.(Very Superior, Old and Pale) is a gift you can enjoy together.Shots always have gotten us in big trouble. :redface: But thanks for all your ideas.

Don't know no PM, and the dice would be funny for about an hour. Now, loaded dice might be a cool idea :thinking:

:) "PM" means send a Private Message. Find simonzelotes' member profile and click on Send Message. Incidentally, a quick way to get to someone's profile, if you have a recent post of his (hers): click on the person's name above his avatar, From the drop-down box, click View Member Profile.

George

Edited by GeorgeStGeorge

I always love tools and technology...until I get the credit card bill! :asdf: :asdf:

Now I ask for nothing ("What do you want for Christmas, honey" "Please, please get me nothing...I can't afford to pay for my present!")

Haha - I guess she doesn't work? :biglaugh: I work - and my husband gives me a laundry list of crud he wants.

It's usually me saying: "Oh honey, please... PLEASE get me nothing... I can't afford to pay for all of the presents you want this year."

Here is a great gift for the do it yourself guy in your life

http://www.magneticfinger.com/

I just went to that site and LOL for the first time today. Thanks, Hilarious !!!! Also, a dam good idea for someone who works with nails!!! (My husband's a roofer.)

:biglaugh: Daddy is a totally "pay someone to do that stuff for you" kinda guy.

Any ideas for HIM?

I'd say a blank check, but that's not realistic, is it? Sorry, Belle, I'd love to help ya but every man I've lived with/around had "Home Depot" as their middle name. :redface2:

Isn't Danny going to read this?

Hey, I need a good nosehair clipper myself...

Evan, SSSHHHUSH!!

Edited by irisheyes

I just went to that site and LOL for the first time today. Thanks, Hilarious !!!! Also, a dam good idea for someone who works with nails!!! (My husband's a roofer.)

hmm me thinks a roofer would be disturbed in his timing of getting finger outta the way of the hammer using that thing. I bet its one of those things that the apprentice gets to try on his first day for the laughs of others. Whatcha think Geo?

~HAP