GreaseSpot Cafe

Dad

Nero

I can't believe the things that are happening in such a short amount of time! My father would shake his head no, or yes sometimes... but sometimes we wondered if it was random or what.

On Saturday the CNA said that she told him, "Merry Christmas Buddy, ho ho ho!" and he said "Ho ho ho!" Back to her.

My brother said that he asked him yes or no questions and he was shaking his head appropriately. He even made a facial expression at dad to joke with him - and dad reflected it back at him.

One of the nurses said that on Friday she asked him if he wanted something and he shook his head and said, "Yes."

Today my mother was in the hospital room with him again and she asked mom if she wanted the lights on or off and my dad said, "I want the lights off."

He tried reaching for a cup of water the other day too.

This is just amazing! :3 I am soooo freaking happy! My dad is talking and answering questions. Okay, must go and write this for my family on other blogs. Whoot!

So pleased for you, Nero! God is good.

That is so far from having the life support system switched off that some members of your family should be very ashamed.

Rejoicing with you, Twinky

Thanks everyone - and thanks for your good wishes and prayers! :3 We're very excited about all of this. When my dad started to talk a bit I thought maybe he was just mimicing people - like when he nodded his head, made a face or said ho ho ho. Although the fact that he said ho ho ho or saw my brother's facial expresson was just freaking great in itself.

For him to be able to form a sentence and understand what it meant is just wow! X3

This is the best Christmas present ever. :3 The only way it could get better is if he would stay awake and really talk to us. From recent events - it seems likely that it'll happen sooner or later.