GreaseSpot Cafe

"Is Homosexuality a Sin?"

Eyesopen

Congratulations Eyesopen upon the publication of your book.

Have you considered including among your excerpts at your website the table of contents to your work?

I know Amazon usually provides these in their excerpts, which allows readers and prospective buyers

a better sense of what is actually covered in a work.

Danny

I have considered it Danny but I have two full excerpts already connected to my actual store front. I think it would be redundant a bit, but I will put the table of contents on my website. That's a good idea...I will consider puting an excerpt on my website as well. Thanks for your support and ideas!

Teresa

so i guess i will never know what you believe about this subject... LOL

but, hey, that's okay too...

God Bless,

jen-o

Yes it is okay.

God Bless you too!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats!

After you wrote about your LEAD adventure - I kept thinking she needs to write a book. You write so very well.

Congrats on your book.

So, Is homosexuality a sin?

No debate just curious after all the research what you found.

My question has always been "Do you go to he ll if you commit suicide?"

I cannot believe that God would stop loving someone even if they killed themselves but some believe it is a huge unforgivable sin. Then, where do you draw the line? Is it suicide if you have a terminal illness..?

But I am running off "at the mouth". This is about congratulating you

Congrats!

After you wrote about your LEAD adventure - I kept thinking she needs to write a book. You write so very well.

Congrats on your book.

So, Is homosexuality a sin?

No debate just curious after all the research what you found.

My question has always been "Do you go to he ll if you commit suicide?"

I cannot believe that God would stop loving someone even if they killed themselves but some believe it is a huge unforgivable sin. Then, where do you draw the line? Is it suicide if you have a terminal illness..?

But I am running off "at the mouth". This is about congratulating you

Thanks Dot! I finished that book as well (the LEAD one that is). It is going to be published early next year.

I have never studied the suicide angle, but it has always made me wonder as well.

I guess this just proves.....'of making many books, there is no end, and much study is a weariness of the flesh'. Ecclesiastes 12:12b.

Ah yes, but according to Timothy it's good for other things and as I recall God highly recommends studying to understand...

Edited by Eyesopen

And Eyes, hearty congrats from me as well.

Sheesh, I think it's a big deal when I can finish READING a book...

That's a big deal for me now days too! :biglaugh:

Thanks George, I appreciate it very much.

Congrats, Eyesopen.

I'd like to write something that would be a book.

I write, but I don't think it's book material, yet.

jen-o, there is certainly more then what you see in the bible then what you are saying.

It's quite possible that such a stand as 'I've made up my mind' would stop more enlightenment on this or anything else.

And 'secular sources' are not secular. This is a term or phrase religion has come up with.

One could still look at other possibilities even if they have made up their mind.

It don't matter if you change your mind or not.

Considering is an art of thinking that can be done.

Come to think of it, presenting something for consideration is an art too.

So does that mean I'm an artist? :blink: I dont think Donatelo has anything to worry about. :biglaugh:

Seriously, CMan thanks for your kind words and your encouragement. I would love to read what you have written...let me know when you publish it!

Anyone who can take the time/ energy/ etc., to write a book ---

gets Kudos from me, whether I either agree or disagree with the topic.

If they (the author) did the *legwork* for the book -- I won't *DISS* it,

by presuming to know about the subject already, and dismissing it as

relevant/ or irrelevant, without reading what they may have to say.

I would suppose that those who are so quick to criticize ---

feel like they know it all already -- without extra input.

So --- let's ban (new) books altogether, eh?

May as well -- since we know it all already. <_<

Anyone who can take the time/ energy/ etc., to write a book ---

gets Kudos from me, whether I either agree or disagree with the topic.

If they (the author) did the *legwork* for the book -- I won't *DISS* it,

by presuming to know about the subject already, and dismissing it as

relevant/ or irrelevant, without reading what they may have to say.

I would suppose that those who are so quick to criticize ---

feel like they know it all already -- without extra input.

So --- let's ban (new) books altogether, eh?

May as well -- since we know it all already. <_<

Your absolutely right DMIller, I have read litterally hundreds of books or parts of books that I did not agree with not to mention even more articles from various newspapers, magazines etc that I didnt agree with. And then there are the conversations that I've had...even some here on this board that I disagreed with someone...but I still learned something from each and every one of these things. Maybe I didnt learn what I wanted to or hoped to but I learned something, even if it was just that I didnt agree with the person. My father taught me that the day that we stop learning things is the day that we die. I personally like to live hence I try to learn as much as I can while I am here.

So some folks wont agree with my stance on homosexuality..ok that just means that I dont agree with theirs either. So does that mean that we cannot learn something from each other? I sure hope not.

You know I have always believed that Jesus was the son of God and not God himself even before twi. One of my best friends believes otherwise but we still are friends and we still learn from each other and yes we still have discussions on that subject. But we respect and love each other enough to allow the other person to have their own beliefs.

I guess I just realize that I dont know everything and that everyone else does have something to teach me.

Hey Babe, how's book sales going? :wave:

(Off topic) I was looking at my pix of the BBQ today (having just loaded them on my "new" (second hand or tenth hand) computer) - there's some great ones especially of you and Dooj. Do you have copies or would you like me to try and send?

Hey Babe, how's book sales going? :wave:

(Off topic) I was looking at my pix of the BBQ today (having just loaded them on my "new" (second hand or tenth hand) computer) - there's some great ones especially of you and Dooj. Do you have copies or would you like me to try and send?

Hey Twinky! Sales are going along steadily. Marketing a book is tricky business.

I have the pics from the BBQ that were taken by everyone. There was some great pics of everyone. Are we gonna see you this year? I already have the time off of work and am purchasing the plane tickets soon.

Hey Twinky! Sales are going along steadily. Marketing a book is tricky business.

I have the pics from the BBQ that were taken by everyone. There was some great pics of everyone. Are we gonna see you this year? I already have the time off of work and am purchasing the plane tickets soon.

Eyes

Did you publish your book or were you picked up by a pulishing house? Curious.

I submitted books before and it is very difficult to be picked up. Wondering the steps you went through.

Thanks

Eyes

Did you publish your book or were you picked up by a pulishing house? Curious.

I submitted books before and it is very difficult to be picked up. Wondering the steps you went through.

Thanks

I published my own which is really easy and can be free. I am switching to Amazon soon but am presently at Lulu. Lulu has more publishing options and more formats and the author has more control over the book, but Amazon has a bigger marketplace and more connections. I am going to try and use both but if I cannot then I will switch to Amazon for this book and go to lulu for other books.

You are right it is difficult to get picked up and if you do you lose control over your work. I did not even try. I kind of wanted to keep creative control over such a sensitive subject.

If you would like some help let me know, I'm becoming quite the expert... :rolleyes:

I checked into Vanity press years ago, after the "houses" were not interested, but it was expensive.

Publishing with Lulu or Amazon is free. Things have come a long way in just the past year.

• 1 month later...

God first

Beloved Eyesopen

God loves you my dear friend

It takes alot of time to write a book I know because I been working on some myself while I do not see myself getting any in print like we are blessed you have done with your book

Right now I am taking a break on written as much and working on U-tubes for a while

I can not say I will buy it the book but my heart knowns you wrote it to help people deal with things but I am show I would enjoy reading it if it happens

I hope to hear you do not stop with one book but more as you find time

thanks good job well done

thank you

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

Hi Eyesopen,

I've been looking for you to share some of your take on Homosexuality and the scriptures here at the Greasespot. Every once and a while a thread comes up that relates to the topic.

Peace,

JEFF

BTW for those that were having some trouble with my website...I have removed the paragraph and done some other updating. It should be clearer and less abrasive now. Thanks for the feedback.

Here's a little extra feedback from West Africa, regarding what happens to those caught playing closet games in public!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7433018.stm

Once they land in an African prison...the fun REALLY starts! <_<

Hey Belle! Where ya been honey? I've missed your posts. How close are you to publishing? I am anxiously awaiting the full book. Oh and thanks for the beer, you know that I can use it and I will drink it...nearly as fast as a Mojito!

Roy, it is always a pleasure to hear you opinion and I consider what you said here as very high marks in my favor. Thank you dear friend! Can't wait to read some of what you have written.

Bumpy, you always come up with some little piece of news that tantilizes my brain cells. Thank you!

Jeffso, I actually would appreciate an honest scolarly discussion on the subject. But you may have noticed that the second I tell my opinion... I am attacked, long before I have a chance to elaborate (that is IF the thread is condusive to it). They claim to want to debate but they only attack and never read all that is written by myself or the Bible. I do not need to justify my findings to anyone nor do I need to "prove" my worthiness to actually study either. I seek to find the truth concerning many things, as do most people. I do not claim to have found the ALL TRUTH nor have I ever claimed such a thing. But I have been accused of that also. I find it funny that so many who were once led by a bull ring now are so unmovable. Anyway, if you wish to discuss it...what the heck. I will discuss it and present some of my views but please do not expect me to copy all of my findings onto GS. That simply would not be right to Paw.

eyesopen,

where and when were you "attacked"?

and who "attacked" you?

...the King took a new wife who was beautiful but very vain and jealous of Snow White...well to make a long story short...the Queen ordered a huntsman to take Snowy into the woods to be killed and bring back her heart as proof.

Well the huntsman had a change of heart, haha, and brought back the heart of a cult leader, who was a bit of a pig himself having herded many a sheep to slaughter...to be continued...

this may be a baseball on TV, feet up, beer in hand response ... but oh well

I attacked ... but

on one other thread, I questioned whether there was really any honest doubt about the Bible clearly saying homosexual acts are wrong. Jen-o supplied some verse to that effect, as well as a simple and to me, convincing rebuttal to an eyesopen comment regarding some OT verses.

But as subtle as it was, eyesopen fired the first shot. She hinted that the Bible was not so clear, as her 30 years of research had shown. But she would not discuss her whole book ... and did not need to parade her credentials .. and some hints about a professor. But that hints that she has credentials to parade, but we were not worthy?

Since the topic was partly about "you bigoted Bible people need to accept gay marriage, but WE will let you keep your adultery beliefs for now", it seemed someone stepping in and claiming some authority because they had written a book on the subject, might be questioned as to their authority. But instead the authority was trotted out, but no follow up on just what backed up these 30 years of research and why was there no discussion of the actual research. We were left to buying the book.

Then when a few verses were discussed, I think the proper context was fully presented by jen-o. and that was the end.

Someone started a new topic on the subject in the doctrinal section, and they said homosexual acts were not "sinful according to the Bible ... but again they gave no evidence, but they did try to obviate some verse as not being adequate, asking for something other than the obvious. Yet they presented nothing.

Anyway, I think Eyes' fired the first salvo ... and I returned a shot across her bow. But I was just the little patrol boat, eyes returned fire with an OT interpretation, the cruiser Jen-o then sent a more substantial volley ... and the battle ended on that.

:biglaugh:

OK ... let the discussion continue ... I'll get another beer and popcorn and watch from behind the cruiser ship :wave: