GreaseSpot Cafe

So what is the latest skinny on TWI?

Caveman

My Hebrew lexicon

and yes, it also shows breath or vapor as well...which is empty, nothingness...which is why the LORD GOD ALMIGHTY likens our lives to it as well.

What you do not see in the English bible is the hyphenated word attached as a prefix to Abel...his real name is "El-Abel" or God Empty and since English

puts its adjectives before the noun....Empty of God.

Thanks for the reply. I wonder what Adam & Eve thought they were naming their son, breath of God or Empty of God?

I can see the "El" at blue letter bible, but only in Hebrew letters, which I can read if I squint really hard :ph34r:

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think it was a tree.

Did it really? They has 200,000 members 22 years ago, and 600 now.

My!

As time passes, the numbers of people who were in twi increase exponentially!

No doubt, eventually they'll pass 200 million, and the entire US population will have

been in once.

Ok, let's fix what numbers we can.

twi never gave EXACT numbers.

200,000, AFAIK, never came from anywhere until this post.

HALF that is 100,000.

Some people think twi either had 100,000 members at its apex,

or all together as members.

This comes from the inflation of something vpw himself said.

(And HE was no stranger to exagerration himself, so what he SAID is suspect.)

He said that there were 100,000 people in "the book of life",

which, in plain English was the list of everyone who signed up for pfal.

Now, does that mean twi had 100,000 people total?

Let's remember how the numbers broke down.

Out of those who signed up and paid, not everyone showed up to Session 1.

(When I first took it, we had 8 sign up, and seven showed up for Session 1,

with six making it to Session 2.)

Out of those who showed up to Session 1, not everyone showed up for Session 12.

(When I first took it, THREE of us completed Session 12-myself, and 2 people in

twi families.)

Out of those who showed up to Session 12, not everyone was around for a full

year following that.

(In my case, all 3 were, but I think we had dropoffs that accounted for it early.)

Someone said the best rule-of-thumb to measure membership in twi

(no matter that twi refused to CALL it "membership" and engaged in sophistry

and lies when asked)

was to count the number of attendees at that year's ROA and then double

that number, and that's the total membership at that time.

I've found that to be accurate, and when 4/5 left in 1989 as a result of lcm's

demands for loyalty, the ROA attendance dropped to 1/5 what ROA 88's

attendance was.

IIRC (and I may not), that put maximum membership #s at any one time

at around 38,000 in 1982, and numbers drop sharply before and after that.

(I may be inflating the number.)

That's a LOT less than 200,000.

As for 600, it would not surprise me if OFFICIAL membership of adults

was at 600 now. I don't have a source for that number other than the

post above, however.

As for 600, it would not surprise me if OFFICIAL membership of adults

was at 600 now. I don't have a source for that number other than the

post above, however.

This is an estimate, not fact. There are 15 regions in the TWI USA work. Each region represents from 500-600 what they call 'active believers'. This puts membership in the USA work currently at 7500-9000 people. I don't have a means to estimate international involvement.

This is an estimate, not fact. There are 15 regions in the TWI USA work. Each region represents from 500-600 what they call 'active believers'. This puts membership in the USA work currently at 7500-9000 people. I don't have a means to estimate international involvement.

So now they have divided things into 15 regions? These regions keep getting smaller and smaller--I remember what when there used to be 8? It's funny cuz they had the bigger regions when there were a lot more people. Now that there's less people, they need more regions?

When I left branches could have 2 fellowships. Not a lot of talent needed to be a branch coordinator.

You needed 100 believers to be full time Corps. I know a few months before I left that people were on the "active" list that hadn't been to any fellowships or events in over a year. One couple on the list even said they didn't want to fellowship with twi any more.

Maybe branches and regions keep getting smaller to try to stroke the egos of the Corps still involved. They need to feel important?

In my own experience, it's harder to leave an organization if you feel like you are leaving your importance behind. Kind of like losing your identity after having a title for so long.

Oh, I think they're SUCH liars if this is what they're claiming.

There were about 5000 members, including children, a few years back.

I put ADULT membership at 3500 back then, with the rest as minors.

I think twi is STILL hemorrhaging members, even if it's at a much slower rate, since all the more

reasonable people left years ago, and more stubborn people slowly wake up.

(Or their family wakes up and they can leave together.)

If the membership is currently at 3000 adults, I'd say that's correct.

I am NOT convinced they DOUBLED IN SIZE since a few years ago.

Thanks for the reply. I wonder what Adam & Eve thought they were naming their son, breath of God or Empty of God?

I can see the "El" at blue letter bible, but only in Hebrew letters, which I can read if I squint really hard :ph34r:

You'll see those Hebrew letters a lot better if you look in the Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia :confused:

But don't forget if you have access to a hard copy of the book to start at the end and turn your pages to the right. You will be reading the end of the book before the beginning!

This will cause a huge brain strain at the first and you will leave with a headache. Oh and don't forget, you will be reading from the right of the page to the left, too. :biglaugh:

I was kidding about the squinting :B)

I taught myself to read the Hebrew alphabet years ago...a lot easier than Aramaic or Arabic in my opinion

So you changed your moniker? Tao is each? Am I reading that correctly? I've been squinting to make sure I was reading it right?

Should I look in the ?Bhagdavich gita or gotta? Can't spell it either.

And is that Ulysses S. Grant?

Most of US were involved in trying to do our best for God and do what God wanted.

Most of US would help people when we could. We didn't even have to read the specific verse that

says that you should help others when it's within your power to do so.

Throwing a bunch of insults out doesn't change that, nor does it add to the discussion.

In fact, it proves TheHighWay's comment:

Lurkers are folks who read the site but never sign up or log in, and don't post, so you don't know they are around. Most lurkers are harmless.

Trolls are folks who are just looking for trouble. They sign up on forums and post controversial things to get everyone stirred up. They will usually hang around a short time and then just disappear. Sometimes they come back after a few months just to stir things up again.

WOW YOU DELETE MY POST, funny how the WayCorps still operates it's evil darth. Ive seen much much worst evil posted on your site but ooo well you guys are gods in your own lil minds yeah bros priceless.

I'm not sure, but I don't think the moderators were way corps ... I was evil way corps ... so you can send me nasty messages if it helps, but after the first few sessions, I will want to charge for your rehab ...

you seem a little angry ... turn the cubs on and drink a beer ... that's what I'm doing ... :beer:

you don't hate the cubs too, do you?

• 2 weeks later...
What it all boils down to is that Wierwille claimed you could change things in the physical world, good and bad, by what you were thinking.(Or, as he called it, "believing".)

According to VPW, it was a "law" that worked for "saint and sinner alike".

There is actually some truth to the doctrine, but it falls more into the category of witchcraft if it is not coupled with prayer, obedience and grace.

crudeness = yeah right, what do I have to do to be a part of your little ex waycorp CLICK soooooo I don't have to get my posts deleted

I think learning how to spell "clique" and "corps" might be a good start. Sorry, the proofreader in me was just jumping up and down amidst all this drama.

Edited by DogLover

I'm not sure, but I don't think the moderators were way corps ... I was evil way corps ... so you can send me nasty messages if it helps, but after the first few sessions, I will want to charge for your rehab ...

you seem a little angry ... turn the cubs on and drink a beer ... that's what I'm doing ... :beer:

you don't hate the cubs too, do you?

It is our wounds that make us cynical, and honestly, having a beer and watching some ball is not much more than a bandage when we have schrap mettle to dig out. Maybe we can spend some time with our friend, Captain Spiritual, and find out what the real issue is. Then we will have something to work with.

I think learning how to spell "clique" and "corps" might be a good start. Sorry, the proofreader in me was just jumping up and down amidst all this drama.

My apology to our friend, but shall I bring up the word "Spiritual?" (As if I have room to talk)

That nasty keyboard, anyhow.

It is our wounds that make us cynical, and honestly, having a beer and watching some ball is not much more than a bandage when we have schrap mettle to dig out. Maybe we can spend some time with our friend, Captain Spiritual, and find out what the real issue is. Then we will have something to work with.

It is better to get the patient drunk before pulling out the shrapnel ... but I understand, I don't think much of many of the way corps either ... but corps are pretty much neutered here ... actually, there are no way corps here that I know of ... it is a distant memory that seems rather surreal. Did it really happen? Or do we just invent it here at Greasespot and on our hard drives?

(249/5.56) proofreader lol you feel good now

It is better to get the patient drunk before pulling out the shrapnel ... but I understand, I don't think much of many of the way corps either ... but corps are pretty much neutered here ... actually, there are no way corps here that I know of ... it is a distant memory that seems rather surreal. Did it really happen? Or do we just invent it here at Greasespot and on our hard drives?

SHUTUP

My apology to our friend, but shall I bring up the word "Spiritual?" (As if I have room to talk)

That nasty keyboard, anyhow.

oo OMG you have wonderful insight thanks bro

Edited by pawtucket

Ok well I dunno how the fighting got started but I encourage everyone here to loosen up their sphincters and relax, ahhhh thats better now eh?

Everyone seems so wound up, I think they really need to relax it all the way.....and take a deep breath......there, now repeat after me..."These things happen, these things happen, these things happen...."(repeat until completely relaxed) :cryhug_1_:

Everyone seems so wound up, I think they really need to relax it all the way.....and take a deep breath......there, now repeat after me..."These things happen, these things happen, these things happen...."(repeat until completely relaxed) :cryhug_1_:

These things happen... these things happen... these things happen... the way is always right... these things happen... I don't have to think the way will think for me... these things happen... I'm no good but the way is good... these thing happen... these thing happen...