GreaseSpot Cafe

My gripe of the day

RottieGrrrl

I know this is dumb. But I swear I am so frustrated!

Okay I guess I can't blame the workers, you never know what people mean and they deal with hundreds of jerks and kooks. But this is getting frustrating.

Arbys:

Me: I'd like a beef and cheddar plain. (which means no barbecue sauce)

Worker: Does that mean you don't want cheese?

Me: No I DO want cheese on my beef and cheddar I just don't want the sauce.

McDonalds.:

Me: Number 2 plain please (Number 2 is Quarter pounder/w cheese)

Worker: Does that mean you don't want cheese?

Sigh.

What really was the last straw and why I am writing this is yesterday at Wendy's.

Wendy's is pricey and just an occasional treat for me, but I love their burgers and had to try the "Baconater" which comes with bacon and cheese

Me: I'd like a Baconator with lettuce and onions only please.

Worker: Do you want cheese on that?

Me: Yes please.

Worker: No problem Ma'am first window please.

I get back to work drooling to try my Baconator, and bite into it....

NO BACON!!!!

And don't even get me started on how many times they forget a part of my order and I don' notice till I'm miles away!

***edited because I can't spell.

Edited by RottieGrrrl

Awwwww, Rottie, they're doing the best they can.

My first job was working for Wendy's and it would confuse the hell out of me when someone's order would come out to $5.61 and they'd give me $6.11 or something like that to make the change come out even or to avoid getting pennies back. :confused:

I'm sure they they thought I was the biggest idiot on the face of the earth. Now I'm one of those people giving the cashier $6.11. :biglaugh:

That was back in the days before everything was computerized. I remember being a cashier at a gas station and going through the same thing you did. I started using their calculator! Just the other day at McDonalds I gave the guy something like you describe, and he STILL gave me a bunch of pennies back. I didn't even bother trying to figure it out. :rolleyes:

Edited by RottieGrrrl

A lot of people who do this are older people who still expect you to "count back".

(Which is not a problem if they don't mess with you.)

But, this only makes it worse because you start by counting up to the next nickel------in pennies.

Stuff like this is why I generally don't eat fast food. When I want to eat cheap, I go to small hole in the wall places with good food for low prices. For example, yesterday I ate a huge torta (a Mexican sandwich) with carne asada (grilled steak) that was bigger than the 6" Subway sandwich, but cost $2. There is a Persian restaurant I occasionally go to where you can get a really tasty lamb kebab plate with rice and veggies for around $5. Even better, when it comes to work I just take my lunch as much as possible. It's healthier and cheaper.

I'm not saying this to criticize you, but just to say that you'll find a lot less frustration if you stop eating at those places.

Stuff like this is why I generally don't eat fast food. There is a Persian restaurant I occasionally go to take my lunch as much as possible. It's healthier and cheaper.

I'm not saying this to criticize you, but just stop eating at those places.

What are you a communist or somethin unamerican? You eating at cheap french restarants...makes me think of what happened to them freedom fries? How much of that baloney with koolaid did you swallow in kansass to get to gripen about good old american food anyway. :drink:

I understand your frustration, RottieGirl. I don't eat fast food as much as I used to because I'm trying to reduce my blood pressure and my weight, but when I do, I give them two exhaustive lists: what I want on it and what I don't want on it. And even though it ties up traffic a bit, if I'm using the drive-through, I don't drive off until I have checked to make sure they gave me exactly what I ordered.

A lady I used to know said that the first 50 years she spent catering to everyone else, and the second 50 she started looking out more for herself. I think of that sometimes. It was when I turned 50 that I started being more "demanding" when it comes to things I'm paying for.

What are you a communist or somethin unamerican? You eating at cheap french restarants...makes me think of what happened to them freedom fries? How much of that baloney with koolaid did you swallow in kansass to get to gripen about good old american food anyway. :drink:

I'm worse actually, because I said "Persian" rather than "Parisian". :biglaugh: Persia is Iran. Still, one of my most right-wing, conservative, Bush-loving friends ate there and liked the food so much he said, "If this is what terrorism is all about, sign me up!" It was embarrassing to be surrounded by middle eastern people when he said that, but it's still funny.

Ah yes, the fast food experience...

The pimply faced kid asks me, "would you like fries with that sir?"...I respond, "If I wanted fries zit face, I would have asked for them!"...I lunge across the counter throwing a right hook at the punks face...moments later, the police are leading me out with handcuffs...

...of course, the above never happened...but nevertheless, corporate fast food places are one of the forerunners in the homogenization of our culture...the death of the mom and pop places...and along with their demise, we have lost the individual touch of the home cooked meal...the wide varieties of cooking styles and regional favorites...we have lost the good manners and genuine appreciation that was shown by the local owners and the local folks who worked in them...

...instead, we get corporate chains run by kids getting minimum wage and shoveling the food across the counter as the people line up like cattle...and no matter what city in this country you are in, that Big Mac tastes the same...

America has changed dear friends...and not for the better.

Hmmm...here's an idea, to help off set the high gas prices, maybe people should start making their own lunches at home and brown bagging it?

Edited by GrouchoMarxJr

Ah yes, the fast food experience...

The pimply faced kid asks me, "would you like fries with that sir?"...I respond, "If I wanted fries zit face, I would have asked for them!"...I lunge across the counter throwing a right hook at the punks face...moments later, the police are leading me out with handcuffs...

...of course, the above never happened...but nevertheless, corporate fast food places are one of the forerunners in the homogenization of our culture...the death of the mom and pop places...and along with their demise, we have lost the individual touch of the home cooked meal...the wide varieties of cooking styles and regional favorites...we have lost the good manners and genuine appreciation that was shown by the local owners and the local folks who worked in them...

So Grauch-o, if all that evil corporate foodstuff is true...is it also true that you "are what you eat"? Because that commie guy who eats fries in iran now, might just go nuclear. And I ain't kiddin' about that glass eye the the soup either. So much for long lost memories of home cooked meals at the way! :evilshades:

Btw. Do those corporations serve "processed" oysters with ketchup on a bun? Yuuuummmy!!

...instead, we get corporate chains run by kids getting minimum wage and shoveling the food across the counter as the people line up like cattle...

America has changed dear friends...and not for the better.

Hmmm...here's an idea, to help off set the high gas prices, maybe people should start making their own lunches at home and brown bagging it?

<_< <_< grrr..fast food....

The last time I was in a McDonalds, I was watching the pimply faced kid at the grill with his runny nose dribbling onto the grill, wiping his nose with his bare hand and sneezing while he was making my burger. It was enough to make me wretch, I couldnt bring myself togo near that burger.

...they dont make much money, are usually young and inexperienced and the managers ought to know better and train them better. Im done with em --anymore, even if the food is prepared right, as I get older it still makes me sick

Fast Food for me these days is coffee at the Dunkin' Donuts drive through, if they get it right 8 out of 10 times, it ticks me off alittle but its what Ive come to expect more or less.

Sidelight: The Dunkins' that I go to screwed up my order about 4 times in a 2 week period a few months back, I never discovered it until I was back on the road. The next time I was in I got the coffee gave them a $5.00 and they inadvertantly gave me change for a $20.00. I spose I was a creep but I kept it, to my way of thinking its the screwups balancing out

Edited by mstar1

Yeah, fast food places have really gone downhill...but...were they ever on the top of the hill? I guess I'm not old enough to remember when Burger King's Whopper really was a Whopper, now it's just this really small little thing...I hate BK anyway. The last time I went to McDonalds, which was ages ago, I ordered a double-quarter-pounder and they forgot the bottom bun!

And Jim...rofl.

People are not trained to think. It's not too much of a stretch to assume that a cheeseburger will have cheese on it. :asdf: Or that the baconator will have bacon on it. You have to spell out every little thing to folks.

The breaded chicken one was the best.

I am very fortunate on this count. There is a great little place I eat - almost reminiscent of the 1960's diner in the air-stream trailer...all home cooked - and yes run my a mom and pop. All soups are made from scratch each day - with leftovers donated to charities in the evenings. Now I'm not talking about soup where you get some broth, three beans and a millimeter of canned ham - I'm talking navy bean soup that is almost like stew - gobs of beans - chunks of ham - heck first time I ordered a cup of soup it almost filled me.

Home made meat loaf - two slices per plate - and one slice alone would feed me and my kids for a meal...home made - yes from scratch - mashed potatoes and gravy. And the menu goes on...

My point is that I am fortunate to have found this place - oh and don't be in a hurry - ain't no fast food there.

I have a nice little family owned Italian take out place near where I work, but I get tired of eating there all the time. I LOVE Arby's, Taco Bell, McDonalds, Wendy's KFC/AW Popeyes (you can't beat their red beans/rice!) And no kidding Oaks, last time I wanted to get a Big Mac at Micky D's I stressed myself out over how to order it. I mean geez. I'd like an order of 2 all beef patties With Cheese, NO special sauce NO lettuce NO pickles NO onioins. I just ordered a Big Mac with no pickles or onions and I got a big sloppy gooey mess that oozed ranch dressing which I despise. But that one was my fault.

Edited by RottieGrrrl

I have a nice little family owned Italian take out place near where I work, but I get tired of eating there all the time. I LOVE Arby's, Taco Bell, McDonalds, Wendy's KFC/AW Popeyes (you can't beat their red beans/rice!) And no kidding Oaks, last time I wanted to get a Big Mac at Micky D's I stressed myself out over how to order it. I mean geez. I'd like an order of 2 all beef patties With Cheese, NO special sauce NO lettuce NO pickles NO onioins. I just ordered a Big Mac with no pickles or onions and I got a big sloppy gooey mess that oozed ranch dressing which I despise. But that one was my fault.

I'm a little confused here...does your four legged friend eat your lunch and write the corporate reviews?? :unsure:

Come on now Bumpy, don't ya just get a hankering for one of those juicy grease burgers from time to time? YUM! :love3:

Oh Yea! But at the moment I"m on a HIGH PROTEIN DIET, except for the Vine! 4-5 months of live seafood in Africa looking at you under the stars every night with cocoanuts dropping on your head during the day, makes your body float differently! I lost my mind a long time ago!!

My grandson like happy meals cheeseburger plain ,but I always cut it in half to make sure it is cooked(once it was not

and I am glad I checked) READ rOBIN cOOKS ''TOXIN" book.

I also found a long red hair in my ceaser salad(GROSS)

but I do like Taco Bell and Burger King if I must eat fast food.

I'd like an order of 2 all beef patties With Cheese, NO special sauce NO lettuce NO pickles NO onioins. I just ordered a Big Mac with no pickles or onions and I got a big sloppy gooey mess that oozed ranch dressing which I despise. But that one was my fault.

RottieGrrrl, if you ordered 2 all beef patties with cheese, no sauce, no lettuce, no pickles, no onions, they might or might not give it to you without the bun. It depends on the individual who is filling the order and how they think. I know what you mean about the ranch dressing -- they use too much of it and it's not a favorite of mine anyway, but I do occasionally like to have a Big Mac.

I still get the ocassional happy meal, and I even play with the toy!

Bumpy, where the heck are you anyway? 4-5 months in any other country would make me homesick.

Hampshire, as I was looking at my post I realized I forgot the sesame seed bun, and I had to laugh at your post cause I was thinking the same thing.

Tommy, yes I have a Culvers right near where I live. I liked their butter-burgers and fried chicken, and the only reason I have not eaten there more is because I usually only eat out when I'm at work, I grab lunch for me and the boss. (human boss not Nico) But now that it's summer I will go there again.

I forgot White Castle burgers! I have a problem with "communication" there, (which is a common complaint at the WC's, around here anyway) which is why I rarely go there. But if you are lucky enough to get a slider fresh off the steamer, and fresh fries, oh my. Heaven.

However, they have a real problem with giving me my brown mustard in the drive through. I ask so nice for it and they always forget.

The last time I went, was the middle of February, this year. I decided to go into the office at 4am (we have a couch there) because I had no heat and was FREEZING. So I decided to stop at White Castle at like 3:30am for a slider breakfast. I was so HAPPY when the guy gave me like 10 packages of brown mustard I wanted to kiss him.

Then I got to work and the sliders where so dry and crusted over, it was obvious they had been sitting under the warmer for hours.

YUCK-A-DOODLE!

Edited by RottieGrrrl