GreaseSpot Cafe

Way Corp Training

RumRunner

Way Corps training personified - and yeah I was a corp grad - enjoy all you wierwille apologists - fits perfectly with the LCM purge of the homos and Jews - after all we were ordered to embrace the myth of the six million

Edited by RumRunner

Oh, and if I may digress a bit,

Does anybody else remember the Vicster claiming "Huguenot" heritage? I remember the claim that there was still a town in NW France named "Wierwille", and that's where the esteemed "Doctor's" ancestors fled from. I've never been able to find said town on any map not printed by the American Christian Press.

Just wondering if there was any validity to THAT claim as well...

I remember that "Huguenot claim." I seem to remember he made a big deal about his ancestors always being on a quest for the truth.

There are other faint memories - but they sketchier and sketchier.

I can't vouch for the validity of any of vpw's claims but you can find Wierwille France, it's just spelled "Vierville":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vierville

And if you look at the german translation of twi's wikipedia page you'll see Wierwille spelled Wierville: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vierville

If you google you can see that the name gets spelled vierville, vierwille, wierville, and wierwille. And I was recently asked if this guy was related to twi: http://spas.about.com/library/weekly/aa021603d.htm

My response was, couldn't be... no one in twi was allowed to get that educated in a field of study that didn't benefit the vicster.

Edited by TheHighWay

The gestures and mannerisms are always what startle me. The hammering, extended index finger, the pomp and circumstance of his entries, the banners, the facial expressions.

There was a lot more to the German Heritage of WayWorld than just brats after SNS...

Hmmm. Could be why he didn't have it in him to go fight in the war against der faderland..

If you google you can see that the name gets spelled vierville, vierwille, wierville, and wierwille. And I was recently asked if this guy was related to twi: http://spas.about.com/library/weekly/aa021603d.htm

My response was, couldn't be... no one in twi was allowed to get that educated in a field of study that didn't benefit the vicster.

Don Wierwille's doctor's degree in education, I think, was of his choosing. It was only later that he came to be a part of his father's ministry.

don wierwille got his PhD. in education while he was at wc of emporia serving as the "dean" there..............thus, he was already "a part of his father's ministry" while he studied for and obtained his doctorate............certainly NOT "only later"!...........that's one of the reasons geer quoted vic in pop as stating that he "bought don's PhD." with twi money...............that's the facts, jack!................peace.

TheHighWay,

I'm pretty sure that in Tom Hank's "Saving Private Ryan" I saw a reference to Wierwille, France printed on the screen as the first town liberated by the D-Day invasion.

That's a fact this Jack doesn't have time to verify before posting, but my memory of it is pretty clear and recent.

Edited by Mike

OK, so we've established there is, indeed, a Vierville, France.

What's the point?

I think, but am not sure, that the point was to question whether or not Tricky Vic was of Huguenot heritage or not.

Somehow I seem to remember him saying that his ancestors were persecuted for religious reasons and I *think* he made some allusion to the first settlers here in the New World.

Maybe a connection to those early settlers that came on the Mayflower - or soon after.

It's all conjecture on my part - I'm running on few memory cells regarding that subject. I don't think it really mattered that much to me at the time. I was just part of the captive audience at lunch.

I hate to nitpick but...

To me, Wayworld was more like communist Russia. Hitler was pretty upfront about his intentions. Wrote a book, announced it on the radio and pretty much said "we're going to get rid of Jews, etc." Stalin was a monster who killed millions too but he was much better at PR and crafting a public image. He had many in the U.S. believing in his "workers paradise." In Germany, you could see the undesirable types being loaded on trains. In Russia, they just disappeared. With the exception of Craig's temporary stint announcing dropped Corpse, folks were just...gone. It was actually creepy. One day they were there and then...not. And the management at TWI just pretended not to notice. Singing for WayProd one day (Dave Lutz) and the next your tapes were gone from the bookstore. When Stalin purged you, he actually had photos retouched to remove you completely.

...now we return to our regularly scheduled programming...

JT

I hate to nitpick but...

To me, Wayworld was more like communist Russia. Hitler was pretty upfront about his intentions. Wrote a book, announced it on the radio and pretty much said "we're going to get rid of Jews, etc." Stalin was a monster who killed millions too but he was much better at PR and crafting a public image. He had many in the U.S. believing in his "workers paradise." In Germany, you could see the undesirable types being loaded on trains. In Russia, they just disappeared. With the exception of Craig's temporary stint announcing dropped Corpse, folks were just...gone. It was actually creepy. One day they were there and then...not. And the management at TWI just pretended not to notice. Singing for WayProd one day (Dave Lutz) and the next your tapes were gone from the bookstore. When Stalin purged you, he actually had photos retouched to remove you completely.

...now we return to our regularly scheduled programming...

JT

I definitely get your point, JT.

That's how it was in FLO (1975-1977).

People were tossed out in the middle of the night. The next day it was as if they had never been there. No explanation. No discussion allowed. Just keep your head down and keep moving forward.

(Then make a "junk run" to The Wayside Truck Stop before lights out to try to talk about it in private and try to make some sense of it all.)

Edited by waysider

So was the program in Utah called FLU? :biglaugh:

Hmmmm

That's a good question

Actually, we didn't call it FLO back then. That acronym sort of evolved here on GSC. I think it might have been WG who first abbreviated it. We did, though, used to jokingly refer to ourselves as Fellow Slaverers.

don wierwille got his PhD. in education while he was at wc of emporia serving as the "dean" there..............thus, he was already "a part of his father's ministry" while he studied for and obtained his doctorate............certainly NOT "only later"!...........that's one of the reasons geer quoted vic in pop as stating that he "bought don's PhD." with twi money...............that's the facts, jack!................peace.

As a matter of fact, Don's PhD thesis was on the rennovation of the WC of Emporia from an old almost extinct college to the "new" TWI college.