GreaseSpot Cafe

I passed P-Chem

Ham

Way to go rat man. Now ya gotta get through O-Chem. My daughter is a molecular bioengineering student and thinks O-Chem is fun - sheesh - I think it is designed to make you insane... so if, when you take O-Chem, you have questions I'll pass you along to her - on ONE CONDITION - you NEVER mention TWI at all - neither of my kids know about that shameful involvement

Thanks for the offer, but I took O-chem, two semesters of it three years ago. Chem 111 and 112 the year before that.. I know I would have done better in physical chemistry if I didn't wait so long, and I found myself spending more time reviewing old material than studying the new. The university I transferred to said I had to have at least three credits of chemistry there to satisfy a minor requirement. Physical chem just looked like the easiest path at the time.. it's my last chemistry class. No more labs.. no more, unless I go back to do a double major..

so... technically, I need one 300 or 400 level credit, and a one credit math seminar. Next semester I am taking one math class- number theory, three credits, the seminar, and a unix/programming class just for fun.. I already know some C programming, and that's the second half of this class.

I grew up on DOS.. how hard can unix be?

:biglaugh:

928584azg37ws6rj.jpg Ham,

I remember a chemistry class I had. The book read like a “how to put a new invention together manual”…. when you had no idea what the contraption was supposed to be or look like :unsure: My analogy of this text was:JUST OZ3.jpgOzspoof.jpg

Luckily, I had a brilliant Lab Tech for a tutor. She broke it down into very understandable language and taught me how to follow the right Yellow Brick Road to my destination so could pass too!!!

You are so brilliant and talented, Keep out running the obstacles placed in your path!!!

With Love, RainbowsGirl

It was mainly quantum mechanics (easy) and molecular orbital theory (harder for me.. lotsa review of basics).

Gas laws were pretty simple and straightforward.

The Hamiltonian equations, eigenfunction/eigenvalue concepts were pretty easy to understand.. at least it looked familiar. A lot of the equations were just probability functions.

But the Chemistry.. I last took Organic I and II without the labs. And this one, without the lab. I think I missed a lot of the concepts taking that route. Labs are hard to come by.. I had priority to register this time, and still, the lab was filled up before I could log on to register.

So I lacked a lot in regards to NMR and spectroscopy.

Unless I need to go back for a double major, this is the last chemistry class I will ever need to take.