GreaseSpot Cafe

Way Corps recruitment

RumRunner

Anybody remember the flying monkey scene from Oz when they picked up Toto, unstuffed the scarecrow and picked up Dorothy......

Lemme think - sounds like way corps recruitment and the wooden spoon to me.

Unlike White Dove I see an amazing correlation between the two...

The flying monkeys in the Wizard of Oz and the waycorps training...very good Rumrunner...a great analogy.

Swept away without any thought...brainwashed and conditioned being compared to being grabbed by the monkey's talons and carried off to a place "unknown"...very good.

I fail to see any connection between the two, not even remotaly the same.

What basis do you have for comparison?

In light of you having never been in the corps, it's reasonable to expect you would not see the connection.

Edited by waysider

One time, at HQ, this young lady with red slippers was running through the OSC screaming wildly with a pail of water.

She was tackled by safety near Rosie's office.

Don't know what happened to her . . .

Was this the same young lady who had tried to look behind the curtain a few years prior?

:biglaugh:

QUOTE (waysider @ Feb 22 2009, 06:58 PM) *

What basis do you have for comparison?

In light of you having never been in the corps, it's reasonable to expect you would not see the connection.

Except I was and there is no comparison.

So now you are saying that you WERE in the corps?

As an active participant in daily activities?

I was spouse corpes, and I don`t think marrying into the corpes counts as a program participant.

The analogy seemed appropriate to me. Were the rest of the wafers represented as the soldiers at the witches castle marching in unison singing?

Edited by rascal

I was spouse corpes, and I don`t think marrying into the corpes counts as a program participant.

Actually it does ,we were held to the same standard as those who had benefit of training in residence. We were required to do the same work.

So what qualifies you to speak about things you were not geographically present for when you hold others to that standard?

Edited by WhiteDove

because I discuss what I saw and experienced where I was in different states, under different leaders, while involved in different programs. through different periods spanning a decade in the ministry. Those are the things I personally address as first hand experience. I discuss the experiences of those who have also posted here of their first hand experiences as well.

What I don`t do, is use 2nd and 3rd hand stories from outside of my experience to attempt to call into question another`s veracity. I believe there in lies the difference.

As far as sp c being held to the same standard?? I believe that we were under scrutiny to preform to an even higher standard, always needing to prove ourselves, always under suspiscion.

But come on, that doesn`t mean that we can necessarily understand or speak authoritatively as to what it was like to be an actual participant in the way corpes program, subjected to the treatment that those who actually experienced the brutality and privation of living in residence with these nutso leaders...of having to follow the insane instructions that resulted in some pretty horrendous injuries, and even death.

Dove, it isn`t the same

Edited by rascal

because I discuss what I saw and experienced where I was as twiggy, app corpes x 2, wow x 2, way homes x 3, and finally spouse corpes. All in different states, under different leaders, through different periods spanning a decade in the ministry. Those are the things I personally address as first hand experience. I also discuss the experiences of those who have also posted here of their first hand experiences as well.

E

What I don`t do, is use 2nd and 3rd hand stories from outside of my experience to attempt to call into question another`s veracity. I believe there in lies the difference.

Exactly you disqualify my posts of first hand experiences ,yet it seems it is just fine for you to quote those which you were not present for. You can't have it both ways. None of the things you mentioned qualify you by your own criteria of being present to comment on rapes, You were not there You have accepted testimony that they were true I can accept the same from first hand information that they wee not if I wanted to. Yes all the way in Kansas. If your speaking on testimony is valid then mine is as well. I have never used any third or second hand stories . There in does not lie the diffrence,we are using the same criteria first hand accounts.

As far as being held to the same standard?? I believe that we were under scrutiny to preform to an even higher standard, always needing to prove ourselves. That doesn`t mean that we can understand or speak authoritatively as to what it was like to be an participant in the way corpes program, subjected to the treatment of those whom were in residence..

Of course we can, we have the first hand knowledge of a spouse that went through the program .and that counts right I think you said quote I also discuss the experiences of those who have also posted here of their first hand experiences as well.

We also have our own experiance working around root locations along side of inresidence Corps something I have logged in many hours doing probably more than you. My first hand observations are valid as yours from the sidelines. We also can offer first hand records of those whom we spent weeks with housing as lightbearers, as well as those who we sponsered in the Corps and lived with ,those are first hand stories just as here. If your going to admit one as creditable then you must admit all as such. So geographical presence is not required. by your standard.

Lightbearers?? People you housed?? Your spouse??? People you sponsored?? Work around root locals?? Been there done all of that as well. I have all of those people and experiences to draw on as well. I don`t think that qualifies as first hand testimony friend, certainly not something that you permit in any others at this web site.

I have never discounted your first hand stories of twi. What I call into question is when you use 2nd and 3rd hand accounts to try to discount another`s experiences or testimony that you could have no possible personal knowledge of. That is when I call into question your experience and qualifications to comment outside of your geographic area.

Edited by rascal

Lightbearers?? People you housed?? Your spouse??? People you sponsored?? Work around root locals?? Been there done all of that as well. I have all of those people and experiences to draw on as well. I don`t think that qualifies as first hand testimony friend, certainly not something that you permit in any others at this web site.

Of course it is ,What exactly is it? their stories are as first hand as ones here, posting on the internet as opposed to vocal accounts are no different. If they observed it first hand it is the same. You post as to guilt of crime from stories here no different than stories of verbal account they are both first hand.

I have never discounted your first hand stories of twi. What I call into question is when you use 2nd and 3rd hand accounts to try to discount another`s experiences or testimony that you could have no possible personal knowledge of. That is when I call into question your experience and qualifications to comment outside of your geographic area.

I call into question Accusing others of guilt in a crime that that you could have no possible personal knowledge of.

Also As I have stated many times I have never used second or third hand accounts ,misrepresentation is against the rules If you persist I will file a complaint

Edited by WhiteDove

The difference lies in first hand accounts related here are allowed to be discussed but an account related to you by someone else then becomes 2nd and 3rd hand when you relate it.

Waysider, was correct, you had no personal experience to draw on to make the statement that *I was there and there is no comparison* so it wouldn`t necessarily be clear to you what the connection was.

Edited by rascal

WhiteDove responds:

Actually it does ,we were held to the same standard as those who had benefit of training in residence. We were required to do the same work.

No, WhiteDove.......you were give spouse corps recognition, because you married a corps graduate. You were not a "program participant"..........hence, the designation on your nametag SPC_ _.

For the record, it is common knowledge to most that.......wierwille never embraced the spouse corps program. In several meetings when this corps issue was addressed, wierwille openly stated that the twi standard was for this four-year training program. Yet, like so many changes and growing concerns..........exceptions were made. J0hnny T0wnsend was an exception when vpw allowed him to be recognized corps. JAL was an exception.....one year as corps coordinator. Military men were given exceptions to head out when called into service.

Say what you want, WD......but you were NOT a "program participant" as rascal noted. You married into a woman who graduated from the corps program. Period.

Why do you think that it was HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for spouse corps to eventually go inresidence? Why do you think that wierwille wanted JAL to experience one year at Emporia, surrounded by the corps experience daily......for one year? Why do you think that wierwille brought the 4th corps back into HQ for several months for more training?

You exult wierwille's pfal to the skies..........yet, you dismiss wierwille's corps program and standards. Why?

You, WD, are the one who goes to great lengths to explain in detail the letter of criminal law......yet, you sidestep wierwille's endorsement and value of a four-year corps program with two years inresidence. Somehow you tend to dismiss this with a wave of the hand. lol

You missed all those 5:20 am teachings in Emporia.....you missed those 16-18 hour days of teaching/work......you missed the time when emporia twigs switched dorm rooms moving boxes for 3 hours in a kansas blizzard........you missed those nights on bless patrol with only 3 hours of sleep......you missed the droning of sharings past midnight.......you missed the fire alarm alerts at 2:30am.......you missed the public humiliation of reciting retemories without warning.......you missed the hundreds of hours of setting up the dining room, or teaching rooms, or backstage, or cracking eggs at 4 am..........you missed the regimentation, the indoctrination, the yell-fests, and the risks on LEAD........you missed Lighbearers and trying to get a pfal class together in two weeks......you missed sleeping in a bedroom of 30 snoring men......you missed plucking weeds during your morning workshift......you missed the micromanagement of flossing schedules, aerobic points, killing chickens, cleaning swamps, etc........you missed wierwille slurring words on drambuie breath.......you missed hundreds and thousands of hours of manipulation, guilt and exploitation by not being INRESIDENCE.

In contrast, you walked up the aisle.....looked your lovely bride in the eyes.....and said, I DO. And, because she was a corps grad......twi granted you the spouse corps designation with stipulations that your wife would "raise you up to be corps." And, even then......MANY spouse corps decided to go thru the inresidence program together. Even in the early 90s, twi went back to wierwille's "original guidance" which was NO SPOUSE CORPS PROGRAM.

In conclusion.........let me say, in retrospect I believe that the corps program was much more an indoctrinational program than a corps training. I could care less whether one is or isn't a "corps grad."

WD.....for one who is a stickler on accuracy, you sure speak with broad generalities when it comes to being spouse corps. What gives? Are you ashamed of being spouse corps?

Only to you friend. Your nameless faceless informants inflections and mannerisms of 2nd hand information have what kind of credibility when countering the first hand accounts of the people here, accounts by leaders whom are NOT nameless or faceless...that cooroborate tha worst stories of drugging and rape?

Edited by rascal
  • Upvote 1

No, WhiteDove.......you were give spouse corps recognition, because you married a corps graduate. You were not a "program participant"..........hence, the designation on your nametag SPC_ _.

For the record, it is common knowledge to most that.......wierwille never embraced the spouse corps program. In several meetings when this corps issue was addressed, wierwille openly stated that the twi standard was for this four-year training program. Yet, like so many changes and growing concerns..........exceptions were made. J0hnny T0wnsend was an exception when vpw allowed him to be recognized corps. JAL was an exception.....one year as corps coordinator. Military men were given exceptions to head out when called into service.

Say what you want, WD......but you were NOT a "program participant" as rascal noted. You married into a woman who graduated from the corps program. Period.

Actually that is incorrect we participated in the program for years that is why we recieved letters when dropped from active status, we could not be active if we were not participants.

Why do you think that it was HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for spouse corps to eventually go inresidence? Why do you think that wierwille wanted JAL to experience one year at Emporia, surrounded by the corps experience daily......for one year? Why do you think that wierwille brought the 4th corps back into HQ for several months for more training?

You exult wierwille's pfal to the skies..........yet, you dismiss wierwille's corps program and standards. Why?

You, WD, are the one who goes to great lengths to explain in detail the letter of criminal law......yet, you sidestep wierwille's endorsement and value of a four-year corps program with two years inresidence. Somehow you tend to dismiss this with a wave of the hand. lol

With the putting into place the program it had VP endorsement. It would not have happened if he did nt say so.

You missed all those 5:20 am teachings in Emporia.....you missed those 16-18 hour days of teaching/work......you missed the time when emporia twigs switched dorm rooms moving boxes for 3 hours in a kansas blizzard........you missed those nights on bless patrol with only 3 hours of sleep......you missed the droning of sharings past midnight.......you missed the fire alarm alerts at 2:30am.......you missed the public humiliation of reciting retemories without warning.......you missed the hundreds of hours of setting up the dining room, or teaching rooms, or backstage, or cracking eggs at 4 am..........you missed the regimentation, the indoctrination, the yell-fests, and the risks on LEAD........you missed Lighbearers and trying to get a pfal class together in two weeks......you missed sleeping in a bedroom of 30 snoring men......you missed plucking weeds during your morning workshift......you missed the micromanagement of flossing schedules, aerobic points, killing chickens, cleaning swamps, etc........you missed wierwille slurring words on drambuie breath.......you missed hundreds and thousands of hours of manipulation, guilt and exploitation by not being INRESIDENCE.

Actually not, I experianced those those things I bet long before you did. Including being yelled at by VP himself. You know not at which you speak. I did not kill chickens or get aerobic points, It was not killing day when I was at Rome City, and If the sucess of aerobic points is the basis of the progam I think you are seriously mistaken.

In contrast, you walked up the aisle.....looked your lovely bride in the eyes.....and said, I DO. And, because she was a corps grad......twi granted you the spouse corps designation with stipulations that your wife would "raise you up to be corps." And, even then......MANY spouse corps decided to go thru the inresidence program together. Even in the early 90s, twi went back to wierwille's "original guidance" which was NO SPOUSE CORPS PROGRAM.

In conclusion.........let me say, in retrospect I believe that the corps program was much more an indoctrinational program than a corps training. I could care less whether one is or isn't a "corps grad."

WD.....for one who is a stickler on accuracy, you sure speak with broad generalities when it comes to being spouse corps. What gives? Are you ashamed of being spouse corps?

I have been very accurate you just can't seem to grasp it. Speaking of Johnny he once told me don't let anyone tell you your less than they are ,everyone gets into the Corps by God's grace. People live the program by their person committment not hours in a building sitting. A person can go as far in the program as one wishes not all training exists in a root local.

Edited by WhiteDove

why is it, WD, that you feel you have to one-up rascal all the time? you didn't go through corps training, and her statement was correct. spouse corps didn't go through the grueling 3 years of slavery (my entire apprentice year was easier than the week I spent in residence), from what I could see being spouse corps was at the worst like being apprentice corps, where you live to do the leadership bidding day and night and constantly prove yourself good enough... yeah I can see that. BUT, you didn't get the in-residence experience by osmosis just because you got married.

• Upvote 1

WD, I'd love to know if you ever lived on grounds at a root locale. that would give some basis for the authority you'd like us to think you have.

That's not about it first off, and second if it was, that makes our experiance the same so either we both speak or none does based on her geographical concept.

yeah whatever. rascal has shared a lot about her experiences, but you won't even answer a direct question about where you gathered all this wisdom you want everyone to think you have. you spend your time attacking, instead of building your own foundation for gaining respect. your experience wasn't the same, couldn't have been, unless you both spent the same amount of time with the same people in the same locations for the same period of time, even then it'd be different depending on who was in the doghouse for not being spiritual enough. enough with the high horse parade, why don't you just back up your own opinions based on your own experience instead of working so hard to tear other people down?

you may have left twi, but it doesn't seem to have left you.

• Upvote 1