GreaseSpot Cafe

Easy Movie Quotes

I've never seen those Lord of the rings movies. Guess I haven't got all of twm gobbily gook out of me yet. They would of frown on that. <_<

Yes they would. And yes, there's a lot of sorcery in it. Some "spiritually dark" stuff. You're not necessarily wrong for avoiding it. :-)

Sorry for delay had connection problems due to workmen digging up cables!

"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe."

I'm very sure about my guess. :P

OK here goes:

"What gift do you think a good servant has that separates them from the others? Its the gift of anticipation. And I'm a good servant; I'm better than good, I'm the best; I'm the perfect servant. I know when they'll be hungry, and the food is ready. I know when they'll be tired, and the bed is turned down. I know it before they know it themselves."

Yes scriptwriter is the same thing.

Not Howards End - Anthony Hopkins was in that one.

At least two other Oscar winning stars are in this movie though gained for other performances. The words quoted are spoken by one of them.

It's been so long now since I saw Howard's End. I couldn't remember A. Hopkins in it, but of course now I do.

From what your describing Trefor H., it would be a movie that I must have seen. However, I'm fresh out of ideas! :blush:

I, at least, seem vaguely to remember hearing of it.

Guys (and gals, if any), movies on this thread need to be really well-known. "My Left Foot" may have been a delightful movie and winner of some Academy Awards, but no one watched it. This thread is not about movies you think everyone SHOULD see. It's about movies everyone (or, at least, a LOT of people) DID see. Every other movie is welcome in "Name That Flick."

George

So Trefor it's still your turm.

Everyone has their own opinions about which movie lines they like best and are the most memorable (to them). I think what George is saying is the object of this game is to give it away, make it so obvious for anyone that has seen it. I know that seem's a little boring, not very hard to play. But that's for another thread!

At any rate TH, I am going to check out Gosford Park tonight. It looks like a really interesting movie show. Thanks :)

Edited by Human without the bean

• modcat5 changed the title to Easy Movie Quotes