GreaseSpot Cafe

Easy Movie Quotes

Weird, what happened to my post? Anyway I wouldn't mind going if Trevor opens this up for a free post! I'm ready. :biglaugh:

Now don't that beat all. My other post showed up! :confused:

Edited by Human without the bean

OK. The power of the sun in the palm of my hand.

I think this line is very familiar with anyone who watches super-hero movies.

This movie is less than 5 or 6 years old I would say now. I don't know why I'm giving hints. :unsure:

George you used that line twice, in Oct 2010 and Aug 2009. Anyway its The Ten Commandments. I went back into this thread when I saw your post. I thought I recognized it from a few months ago. I was right.

What do you mean he don't eat no meat?

If you seen this movie you'll probably know what movie it is! If you haven't then there's no chance.

And as I like to do just because it might make it easier for those to get it I would like to give a second line from the same movie.

The men may be the head of the house but the women are the neck and they can turn the head anyway they want.

George you used that line twice, in Oct 2010 and Aug 2009. Anyway its The Ten Commandments. I went back into this thread when I saw your post. I thought I recognized it from a few months ago. I was right.

I don't feel bad about using a line from 2009. I didn't realize I used it again in 2010, but I thought I had used it in "Name that Flick," anyway.

No idea about your movie.

George

:anim-smile: I'm not afraid to show my feminine side (can't believe I just said that) but here's a clue that should be helpful. It's a chick flick.

:thinking: Shouldn't we move these trivia threads to Exwayvision so we can continue to play them when this site closes down?

What do you think George since this is your thread? You started it.

I almost started a new topic last night but I couldn't decide into which forum they should go. Human

I guess nobody knows what this is. Its My Big Fat Greek Wedding.

This next one is not a chick flick, not that there's anything wrong with a chick flick.

That's how your gonna beat em Butch. They keep underestimating you!

I've been unable to use the boards last couple of days. Wasn't facing to the west I guess. Good to be back. I figured for sure somebody would know this line from a movie that really jump-started one actor's career and cemented another's A-List status with the line > "That's how your gonna beat em' Butch". Then again, I may just be content to stay here and bask in the glory of no one knowing for a while? :B)

I've been unable to use the boards last couple of days. Wasn't facing to the west I guess. Good to be back. I figured for sure somebody would know this line from a movie that really jump-started one actor's career and cemented another's A-List status with the line > "That's how your gonna beat em' Butch". Then again, I may just be content to stay here and bask in the glory of no one knowing for a while? :B)

Bask away my friend. I'm clueless.

I'll just say I was a lot surprised no one recognized this. 10 days on the throne is too long anyway.

Here it is! Pulp Fiction sorry at the end of the video you'll hear some crude language. Moth47 F$*#

Bruce Willis stayed on top of hollywood's mega stars list and John Trovolta resuscitated his career after this movie came out.

FREE POST

In the vein of "Songs remembered from just one line" I thought I'd add one for films.The idea here is that a line from a film is so memorable that it immediately identifies the film. (In lieu of a single line, a short exchange between characters is acceptable.) The movie itself, of course,should be fairly well-known. For example, if I give the line: "Be good, be gone, or be dead." anyone who has seen "Traxx" would immediately recognize it. Unfortunately, very few people have seen "Traxx," so it wouldn't be a fair clue for this game. The burden here is on the clue-giver. You are not trying to be tricky, but to be as obvious as possible. Note that some movies may have a LOT of usable one-liners. As usual, first to name the flick gets to post the next line. Let's begin:

"You've got me? Who's got YOU?"

George

I was actually thinking "the only other movie I remember a Butch would have been Pulp Fiction or

possibly the Little Rascals, but I don't remember that line from Pulp Fiction."

Was that really a line that people hear and immediately say "that's Pulp Fiction"?

I posted a quote in "Name that Flick" once and someone immediately identified

"Duck Soup" because they had the movie all but memorized. I like Duck Soup, and even

I would probably have missed it with only that quote. I would never try that line

here because it doesn't leap out and say "Duck Soup" to anyone except hardcore

Marx Brothers fans- and even many of them would have missed it.

Yes,WW that would be a line that most fans of Pulp Fiction would immediately know. Now, not everyone on the boards will identify W/ every clue that shows up here in this particular thread.

Except for this thread I would say that in the other movie and music categories when it comes to knowing where it came from I may only be familiar about 50% of the time.

In my opinion, Pulp Fiction, though not culturally accepted in many circles broke down a lot of barriers and because it deals with social taboos, and social stereotyping, has had a huge impact on my several generations. :offtopic: (Let's just say I'm old, my generation)

Thanks for trying to keep the masses familiar with how these threads work. You even said yourself that you thought the line might be from Pulp Fiction.

Like it or not the movie is popular enough to meet the criteria to play in this thread. Where else but from Pulp Fiction could you hear the line< on second thought I'll save that for another time.

:mooner:

• modcat5 changed the title to Easy Movie Quotes