GreaseSpot Cafe

Easy Movie Quotes

That's When Harry Met Sally

If your a fan of this movie you'll know what movie this is from. If you not then probably wont.

Now you can break the code, can't you?

You didn't bring me along for my charming personality?

The DaVinci Code?

If your a fan of this movie you'll know what movie this is from. If your not then probably you wont.

Now you can break the code, can't you?

You didn't bring me along for my charming personality?

Should I give a clue? Still feel as though this movie line should give it away. It's a lot like lines from A Few Good Men. So many good lines to use. Example: " He does think better with that bat!"

Okay here's another line.

"He don't know one note from another!"

This one oughta do it.

Friends we've got trouble! Right here in River city!

With a capital T and that rhymes with P and that stands for "Pool"!

See, now THAT's what this thread is about (giving it away).

"The Music Man."

This next clue would not be a giveaway, except that it's the only spoken word in the film:

"Non!"

George

I'd like to believe that George (about giving it away). :unsure: It's good to refresh us (myself included) about the bare facts for playing in this thread. For me personally, I do try to keep that in mind. I'm not going to get into specifics but many times its difficult to tell from most of the clues. Maybe I'm just unfamiliar with the movie, could be I guess.

I thought the first line, "Ya gotta know the territory" would have given it away since it's the one plastered across a monument in the National Music Museum in honor of the screen writer, Meredith Willson.

http://orgs.usd.edu/nmm/Exhibitions/MasonCity/MusicMan.html

And it's repeated several times in the opening scene. Oh well.

Ideally, in this thread, not only should the movie be well-known, but the quote should give it away, at least to someone who's seen it.

"The Music Man" certainly fits the first requirement. "Trouble in River City" fits the second. The other quotes JB gave were a bit obscure. They would have been fine in "Name That Flick," though, where it's okay to tease a few times. My "Silent Movie" clue was marginal, but TH got it right away, so no harm, no foul!

:) George

• modcat5 changed the title to Easy Movie Quotes