GreaseSpot Cafe

Easy Movie Quotes

Now, that IS remembered from just one line!

That's "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest."

your turn

P.S. Anyone who hasn't read the book, should. While the movie is a classic, the book is even better. (In the book, R.P. McMurphy is red-headed Irish brawler and the story is narrated by Chief Bromden. It's great.)

It's A Wonderful Life.

You talking about killing? Hmm? Y'all experts? Y'all know about killing? I'd like to hear about it, potheads.[takes pipe and inhales drag]

Are you smoking this sh#t so's to escape from reality? Me, I don't need this sh#t. I am reality. There's the way it ought to be, and there's the way it is. Elias was full of sh#t. Elias was a crusader. Now, I got no fight... with any man who does what he's told. But when he don't, the machine breaks down. And when the machine breaks down, we break down. And I ain't gonna allow that... in any of you. Not one. [/b]

Hey, it's a long winded line. :)

Are you smoking this sh#t so's to escape from reality? Me, I don't need this sh#t. I am reality. There's the way it ought to be, and there's the way it is. Elias was full of sh#t. Elias was a crusader. Now, I got no fight... with any man who does what he's told. But when he don't, the machine breaks down. And when the machine breaks down, we break down. And I ain't gonna allow that... in any of you. Not one.

What's with the two elipses? (elipseses?)

There just there for emphasis soul searcher. Referencing the s#it that he was smoking. The real line is : But when he don't, THE MACHINE BREAKS DOWN. And when THE MACHINE BREAKS DOWN, WE BREAK DOWN.

I used more of the dialog around the one line hoping that it would help the line stand out. Obviously a blunder on my part.

So lets knock this movie out with 2 lines just in case 1 more doesn't do!

You f#ck up in a fire fight and I guarantee you a trip out of the bush, in a body bag!

I'm gonna be late for work, I'll put up another line tonight if nobody still gets it.

It sounds like an odd mixture a war movie and stoner comedy.

Is is that war movie satire with Ben Stiller (that I didn't see)?

No comedy. Dead serious drama. No pun intended.

Here's my 2nd line:

The village, which had stood for maybe a thousand years, didn't know we were coming that day. If they had, they would've run. Barnes was the eye of our rage. And through him, our captain Ahab, we would set things right again. That day we loved him.

I take it that this is a lawyer movie. Can't come up with it yet. So I'll guess. Kramer verses Kramer?

Nope, not a lawyer movie. In fact, the quote has very little to do with the plot. (I only used it because I think it's clever.)

Hint: the movie is from the 1980s with an ensemble cast. Some people hate it, some people like it.

Another quote:

She is the only evidence of God I have seen with the exception of the mysterious force that removes one sock from the dryer every time I do my laundry.

• modcat5 changed the title to Easy Movie Quotes