GreaseSpot Cafe

Easy Movie Quotes

"Uh, well, if anyone from the, uh, from the IRS is watching, I... forgot to file my, my, my 1040 return. Um, I meant to do it today, but, uh..."

"That's no joke. They'll jump on him!"

"Jack, you'll be glad to hear that we've contacted President Nixon, and he's going to grant you an extension on your income taxes, since you are most decidedly out of the country."

"Roger that, Houston. That's wonderful news."

"Apollo 13"?

George

It is.

Kevin Bacon's character is a last-minute substitute, since the flight doctors (incorrectly)

diagnose Gary Sunise's character with an illness that will take affect during the flight.

So, the replacement rushes in and forgets to file his taxes.

That revelation comes up during the scene when they're clowning for the television.

The best line was Clint Howard in Mission Control, replying.

"That's no joke. They'll jump on him!"

Later, during the endurance run back to Earth with all the systems off, Mission Control

calls in the update. Since he's proven to be out of the country, he's granted an extension

on filing his taxes.

Over to you, George!

That's from Broadcast News. (And that was more than one line :wink2: )

From the first post on this thread (mine, incidentally):

In the vein of "Songs remembered from just one line" I thought I'd add one for films. The idea here is that a line from a film is so memorable that it immediately identifies the film. (In lieu of a single line, a short exchange between characters is acceptable.) (Emphasis added.)

The lines from "Broadcast News" were a single exchange. So there. :)

George

...getting into the spirit of Halloween...this is a nasty one (from a movie full of nasty ones):

"Do you know what she did, your c***ing daughter?

It's not from Scary Movie (but I'm pretty sure there was a parody of the scene in it).

Any other hints would probably give it away. Hmm...let's see...

1. The line was spoken in a gruff voice with a British accent.

2. It's from one of the (if not the) most horrific and disturbing scenes in all of movie history.

Sorry George. That was Batman starring Val Kilmer right?

I run my unit how I run my unit. You want to investigate me, roll the dice and take your chances. I eat breakfast three hundred yards away from four thousand Cubans who are trained to kill me.

• modcat5 changed the title to Easy Movie Quotes