GreaseSpot Cafe

Easy Movie Quotes

To quote myself, from the first post in this thread (with added emphasis):

The idea here is that a line from a film is so memorable that it immediately identifies the film. (In lieu of a single line, a short exchange between characters is acceptable.) The movie itself, of course,should be fairly well-known. For example, if I give the line: "Be good, be gone, or be dead." anyone who has seen "Traxx" would immediately recognize it. Unfortunately, very few people have seen "Traxx," so it wouldn't be a fair clue for this game. The burden here is on the clue-giver. You are not trying to be tricky, but to be as obvious as possible.

I suspect that more people have seen "Traxx" than "The Wizard of Speed and Time." I realize that you can only use "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn" so many times. Not everyone will know any given movie. But, really, "The Wizard of Speed and Time"?

I suspect that the news clue isn't much better, although there are a couple of funny Christmas movies it could be. I'll try "Elf".

George

To quote myself, from the first post in this thread (with added emphasis):

The idea here is that a line from a film is so memorable that it immediately identifies the film. (In lieu of a single line, a short exchange between characters is acceptable.) The movie itself, of course,should be fairly well-known. For example, if I give the line: "Be good, be gone, or be dead." anyone who has seen "Traxx" would immediately recognize it. Unfortunately, very few people have seen "Traxx," so it wouldn't be a fair clue for this game. The burden here is on the clue-giver. You are not trying to be tricky, but to be as obvious as possible.

I suspect that more people have seen "Traxx" than "The Wizard of Speed and Time." I realize that you can only use "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn" so many times. Not everyone will know any given movie. But, really, "The Wizard of Speed and Time"?

George

I apologize. I'll correct the error in the future.

I suspect that the news clue isn't much better

This one is more widely known

I'll try "Elf".

Christmas movie it is, but not that one. Anotther clue:

We're your worst nightmare. Elves with attitude.

SoCrates

Lets see WordWolf so this is a line from a movie that's so familiar to us (we the participants) that its easy to recognize. Since facebook has only been around for 7 years this movie must be a newer one. Is it Sex and The City?

Lets see WordWolf so this is a line from a movie that's so familiar to us (we the participants) that its easy to recognize. Since facebook has only been around for 7 years this movie must be a newer one. Is it Sex and The City?

No.

This movie JUST won an Oscar, which should give you a much smaller "window" of time to work with.

(Several nominations concerned this movie.)

"The Social Network"?

George

I saw the Social network, which was about facebook, but that's too

easy. However, easy is how it's supposed to be right! So let's say The Social Network :rolleyes:

All right, technically, George rang in with the correct answer.

However, he might want to let Hw/oB take this one in the interests of variety,

but it's his choice.

• modcat5 changed the title to Easy Movie Quotes