GreaseSpot Cafe

Easy Movie Quotes

1 hour ago, WordWolf said:

"I'm funny how? I mean, funny like I'm a clown? I amuse you? I make you laugh? I'm here to amuse you? What do you mean funny? Funny how, how am I funny?"

You should try another one WW.  Nathan_Jr. just posted it a few weeks ago.

10 hours ago, WordWolf said:

"Home Alone?"

Sorry, no, not it.  And frankly I'm a little embarrassed for you WordWolf, however, you probably haven't seen this flick but it's no excuse (I've been playing here for years and even having never seeing some of these films before, you've always seemed to know which ones they were), but the choice "Home Alone" is so far away from this picture it's not in the same stratosphere.  Oh I got it WordWolf,???  you were playing with me to get me going right?  Good one.  If that was the case then mission accomplished.

Edited by Human without the bean

Hey Nathan_Jr is this a well known and recognizable line that players would be familiar with because that's how this thread is supposed to work?  You know what I'm talking about right, like "I'm walking here", or "Were gonna need a bigger boat".

Yes. I know. That quote, arguably, is from from one of Gary Oldman's finest performances. It could be said every performance of his is fine, but his character in this movie is especially memorable, so I thought.

Here's an another unforgettable, imo, scene from the same film, but not with Oldman. Surely, this is an easy movie quote.

: Could I have one of those Chesterfields now?

:: Sure.

: You got a match? Oh wait no no, don't bother. I got one. You're Sicilian, huh?

:: Yeah, Sicilian.

: You know, I read a lot. Especially about things in, uh, about history. I find that dang fascinating. Here's a fact, I don't know whether you know or not, Sicilians ... were spawned by niggers.

:: Come again? [laughs]

: It's a fact. You see, Sicilians have black blood pumpin' through their hearts. If you don't believe me, you can look it up. Hundreds and hundreds of years ago, you see, the Moors conquered Sicily. And the Moors are niggers.

:: Yes...

: So you see, way back then, uh, Sicilians were like, uh, wops from Northern Italy. Ah, they all had blonde hair and blue eyes, but, uh, well, then the Moors moved in there, and uh, well, they changed the whole country. They did so much ....in' with Sicilian women, huh? That they changed the whole bloodline forever. That's why blonde hair and blue eyes became black hair and dark skin. You know, it's absolutely amazing to me to think that to this day, hundreds of years later, that, uh, that Sicilians still carry that nigger gene. Now this...

My usual rule-of-thumb is "Would people who've never seen this movie recognize the quote? " 

That's especially helpful for me, since I see so few movies..  Naturally, that's not a thread-wide rule,

but it helps me stop from posting quotes from niche movies nobody here's heard of, let alone seen.