GreaseSpot Cafe

Where Were You 40 Years Ago For The Moon Landing

krys

well...................http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_11

Landing was at 4:17 pm EDT on Sunday, July 20th (with @25 seconds of fuel remaining)

Armstrong put his left foot on the moon at 10:56 pm EDT, Sunday July 20th.

Adjust the time and date to your own earth position on that day.

biglaugh.gif

edit: (it took 5 minutes to go down the ladder), as Paw said, he started his descent at 10:51

p.s. Unfortunately I do NOT remember what I did that day. I did see it. (if it really happened)evildenk.gif

Edited by HAPe4me

I was on Lorraine's balcony near the grassy knoll just outside the convention amphitheatre where the local hotel Ambassador was trying to remember if he was at Woodstock with a creep named Speck...

no wait...

gimme a sec...all the significant 60s happenings get mixed up...

I was revelling in the news that I had become an auntie for the first time, and appreciative that my sister refrained from naming the baby

anything lunar-based...lol. Wow! Hard to feature that little Apollneillia is 40...

I do remember gazing at the moon (while the guys were still on it) and not seeing the flares...

is AAA an affiliate of NASA?

I was on Lorraine's balcony near the grassy knoll just outside the convention amphitheatre where the local hotel Ambassador was trying to remember if he was at Woodstock with a creep named Speck...

no wait...

gimme a sec...all the significant 60s happenings get mixed up...

I was revelling in the news that I had become an auntie for the first time, and appreciative that my sister refrained from naming the baby

anything lunar-based...lol. Wow! Hard to feature that little Apollneillia is 40...

I do remember gazing at the moon (while the guys were still on it) and not seeing the flares...

is AAA an affiliate of NASA?

LOL Tilda, I have SO MISSED YOU ! !

Very Zappaesque. Frank zappa named his daughter Moon Unit.

I remember that I saved all the papers--

The only one that I can find now is this one:

imgad?id=CKLmubKt87fxXhCsAhjYBDIIqEN8WUfxLwE

ah...the favorite fraternity of Phi Zappa Krappa...lol

Moon Unit Zappa...his sons are Dweezel (thanks, Dad) A.E. Rodan (hopefully after the painter, not the sci-fi monster) and little Diva.

What ever happened to Billys, Bobbys, and Joeys? lol...or Marys, Susies, and Cathys?

Sing with me:

Where have all the Tommys gone, long time passing?

Where did all the Jimmys go, long time ago,

Where have all the Pattys gone...

Frank Zappa skewered them every one...oh when will they ever learn...when will they ever learn?

SQUIRREL!

Quick, someone call the cyber-coolies to get this thread back on track...

ahem

Yes, I remember the Moon Landing. I was a budding adult with promise on the horizon...It was the Midwest's day-late-dollar-short Summer of Love...we were sure about the moon shot lunge and no one even knew there was an ozone layer whose reputation was compromised by penetration...we were all packing aerosol in those daze...

Nowadaze we have roll-on shuttles that are Top Secret...

Edited by MATILDA

ah...the favorite fraternity of Phi Zappa Krappa...lol

Believe it or not, when I first got in The Word, I had this poster on the living room wall of my apartment:

crapper.jpg

PHI ZAPPA CRAPPA

Now,in retrospect, one of the things those "recruiters" wanted from me was a place to hold twig meetings since none of them had a place of their own. It didn't take long for them to convince me I needed to destroy the poster, along with all my Spirit, Coven and King Crimson albums. :realmad:

Moon Unit Zappa...his sons are Dweezel (thanks, Dad) A.E. Rodan (hopefully after the painter, not the sci-fi monster) and little Diva.

What ever happened to Billys, Bobbys, and Joeys? lol...or Marys, Susies, and Cathys?

Sing with me:

Where have all the Tommys gone, long time passing?

Where did all the Jimmys go, long time ago,

Where have all the Pattys gone...

Frank Zappa skewered them every one...oh when will they ever learn...when will they ever learn?

SQUIRREL!

Quick, someone call the cyber-coolies to get this thread back on track...

ahem

Yes, I remember the Moon Landing. I was a budding adult with promise on the horizon...It was the Midwest's day-late-dollar-short Summer of Love...we were sure about the moon shot lunge and no one even knew there was an ozone layer whose reputation was compromised by penetration...we were all packing aerosol in those daze...

Nowadaze we have roll-on shuttles that are Top Secret...

I watched it on TV. It may have been hot, but since we had AC, I don't remember it being hot. If it was a Sunday, then my dad was probably home and wishing he were not home and drinking beer since he rarely drank at home. He preferred to get all liquored up at the local American Legion and drive.

Actually, the summer of 1969 was the best summer of my life and was the end of life as I knew it.

I dont remember the summer of '69..

My next door neighbor, Ed, was in the Zappa band for 15 years.

Among other things e plays gongs and bells now--I dont know what that has to do with the moon landing but his music is celestial by any standards.I sometimes think Ive been far past the moon when I hear him play