GreaseSpot Cafe

The vicious cycle of "ever learning"

skyrider

The scriptures pull no punches in exposing those who SPIN and are IN...the vicious cyle of "ever learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth."

Perhaps, twi and its splinter groups would do well to spend time studying this section of scripture and then, taking a hard, long look in the mirror. For those who stand guilty of spinning this cycle......ever learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth......are men (women) who are lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, false accusers, fierce, despisers of those that are good, traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God, having a form of godliness [and that's not even the WHOLE LIST].

Have we seen men and women like this?

Is it any wonder that the proud and highminded want a following?

Is it surprising that such false leaders seek their own "teaching ministries" or splinter groups or web sites that spew their rhetoric?

So when this verse shows up: II Tim 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. .....it is not surprising that these false teachers/accusers STAND IN OPPOSITION TO GOD AND THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOD.

And yet.......some left twi only to jump into another spin cycle.

:doh:

• Upvote 2

Interesting, many versions put the "ever learning" bit along with the "silly women" bit - it's the women who are ever learning. But hey it's all about how you punctuate the sentence, huh?

Nonetheless the context is the "terrible times in the last days" (NIV)

8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith. 9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as theirs also was. (KJV)

8 Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so also these men oppose the truth--men of depraved minds, who, as far as the faith is concerned, are rejected. 9 But they will not get very far because, as in the case of those men, their folly will be clear to everyone. (NIV)

Paul, the author of 2 Timothy, continues:

10 You, however, know all about my teaching, my way of life, my purpose, faith, patience, love, endurance, ...

This is the example Paul and his fellow apostles/companions set - wasn't he a saddle-maker?

2 Thessalonians 3:6-15

6 In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, we command you, brothers, to keep away from every brother who is idle and does not live according to the teaching you received from us. 7 For you yourselves know how you ought to follow our example. We were not idle when we were with you, 8 nor did we eat anyone's food without paying for it. On the contrary, we worked night and day, laboring and toiling so that we would not be a burden to any of you. 9 We did this, not because we do not have the right to such help, but in order to make ourselves a model for you to follow. 10 For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat." 11 We hear that some among you are idle. They are not busy; they are busybodies. 12 Such people we command and urge in the Lord Jesus Christ to settle down and earn the bread they eat. 13 And as for you, brothers, never tire of doing what is right. 14 If anyone does not obey our instruction in this letter, take special note of him. Do not associate with him, in order that he may feel ashamed. 15 Yet do not regard him as an enemy, but warn him as a brother.

Note, it does not say he/they labored in the gospel. They worked. Physically. At their trades. To earn their money to pay for their necessities.

At a later stage, Paul welcomes gifts of money and other things, but does not demand them.

But there's the example - to make ourselves a model for you to follow.

Now, if any of these TWI splinter groups has the following that Paul had, and has undergone the hardships that Paul did, then they can talk about how much they have a "right" to be supported by the believers...which "right" even Paul doesn't claim, but just accepts the gifts that are sent to him.

(wish I could get the editing/typeface right and it doesn't go all too small to read sometimes!)

Edited by Twinky

The scriptures pull no punches in exposing those who SPIN and are IN...the vicious cyle of "ever learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth."

Perhaps, twi and its splinter groups would do well to spend time studying this section of scripture and then, taking a hard, long look in the mirror. For those who stand guilty of spinning this cycle......ever learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth......are men (women) who are lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, false accusers, fierce, despisers of those that are good, traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God, having a form of godliness [and that's not even the WHOLE LIST].

Have we seen men and women like this?

Been there myself... Glad to have left such things behind. Wish others would wake up!

At least for myself, the whole 'never coming unto a knowledge of the truth', is what kept the cycle spinning long past the dry cycle. Especially since it's hard to realize that what you're devoting your time and life and resources into is worthless and not really helping. Whether the 'i' is dotted, or the 't' is crossed, or 666 were crucified with Christ, or he was born in a cave, or God has a pair of red flippers, or angels lost their feathers on their wings, or knowing Satan just loves it when we party on Christmas day instead of on MY birthday, is that really a knowledge of the truth?! Sad.. Some people really think it is!

Ah yes.. "busy".. a busy "worker".. working for what?

And yet.......some left twi only to jump into another spin cycle.[

I was lucky. After I left or rather chose not to submit to stupidity (i.e. I'll think about it and get back to you. yeah, that's it..)

no offshoot leader had my phone number..

maybe I was "lucky"..

• Upvote 2

"ever learning" - yes yes, that is why college is considered a waste of time - cause people there are just getting "head knowledge"

now, nobody in twi would be guilty of just being full of "head knowledge" now would they?

"ever learning" - yes yes, that is why college is considered a waste of time - cause people there are just getting "head knowledge"

now, nobody in twi would be guilty of just being full of "head knowledge" now would they?

On one hand, twi teaches........."ever learning" college style (world knowledge) is equated with one having a devil spirit (fallacious spirit).

On the other hand, twi teaches..."ever learning" cult rhetoric (twi's cycle of manipulation) is synonymous with staying faithful to "the word one was taught."

And, the cult sings.........."the wheels on the bus go round and round..."

when I first read the title of this thread all it thought of was how the poor Way Corps folks were subject to regular verbal beat downs by top leadership in order to feel that they needed to be retaught, again and again, over and over....etc.

Ever learning was in truth, ever being pushed under their thumbs. In other words the whole f'in enchilada was messed up, bigtime. No wonder wayfer sympathisers think we are only bitter. But IMO they might not feel like that if they understood about how all the abuse they suffered themselves or became afraid of by watching others suffer was only to bring them into the sick and twisted TWI party line.

ever learning = ever abused!?

• Upvote 2