GreaseSpot Cafe

Delusional EBay seller

Linda Z

Check out this link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fundamentals-of-Greek-Research-WJ-Cummins-The-Way-RARE_W0QQitemZ360184873557QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAntiquarian_Collectible?hash=item53dcb10255&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

This is the little soft-cover collateral, a small booklet. If it would really go for this person's asking price, I'd take the trouble to dig mine out of the box in the attic. Fat chance, though.

WOW!

I gave that W.C. book and about a dozen others to a former poster here for free!

Just as well.

I'm not interested in making money off that stuff.

(Not that it's wrong to do so---It's just not my bag.)

I did wonder about that. Is it wrong to sell the stuff? My thought was that only a dedicated Wayfer castaway would pony up that much cash so it was someone already deep in VPW doo-doo. I wouldn't fault anyone for feeling differently though. Who knows, I might feel differently tomorrow.

JT

I did wonder about that. Is it wrong to sell the stuff? My thought was that only a dedicated Wayfer castaway would pony up that much cash so it was someone already deep in VPW doo-doo. I wouldn't fault anyone for feeling differently though. Who knows, I might feel differently tomorrow.

JT

It's a personal choice. I sold a few things and then decided to stop. For me, it was going against what I believe. Many people do.

• Upvote 1

Where does this person get their facts??

Quote:

"Wierwille concludes there is no salvation, death is final, and faith is not belief."

Am I the only one who doesn't get this!

And.... " In 1982 it (TWI) had 3,100 world recruiters. By 1997 it had 43. "

I mean, TWI is looney enough, they really don't need these even loonier claims.

Where does this person get their facts??

Quote:

"Wierwille concludes there is no salvation, death is final, and faith is not belief."

Am I the only one who doesn't get this!

Yes, I saw that but decided to only comment on the outrageous asking price. It appears the person selling this booklet was never involved in twi. I don't know where he/she got this stuff. I suppose someone could surmise that VPW taught that death is final if they misinterpreted the title of Are the Dead Alive Now? without reading it, and VPW did teach there was a difference between faith and believing, but where this person got the he taught there is no salvation, I can't even guess.

BTW, someone else is trying to sell Corps notes for almost $400!

This might refer to the number of Way Disciples (did they already call them that in 1997?) vs. the number of WOWs in 1982. But again, I don't know where this person got the info.

No kidding. Ironically, that's the same way I feel when people on GSC engage in wild speculation rather than sticking to the facts. There's plenty wrong with twi without making stuff up.

The direction of this is to an ebay audience.......therefore, it seems that a generic term "world recruiters" was used to reference twi's programs WOW/Way Disciples.

In 1982.....twi was aggressively trying to send out 4,000 WOWs for the 40th Anniversary year. It was one of wierwille's "call to arms." The number was not reached....otherwise, twi would have blown the triumphant horns on this. Yeah, 3,100 sounds about right.

In 1997.....43 Way Disciples sounds about right as well.

I don't think this is "looney".....it has more to do with an ebay audience vs an in-house audience.

<_<

I don't think this is "looney".....it has more to do with an ebay audience vs an in-house audience.

Maybe looney isn't the right word. Maybe "lying" would be more accurate. This person implies that the little 30-page booklet is (a) worth $125 and (b) will certainly increase in value because of its rarity. Ha! That, combined with the off-the-wall description of TWI beliefs, is IMO merely a fabrication.

Just because someone says something anti-TWI doesn't make it automatically legitimate. <_<

In 1982.....twi was aggressively trying to send out 4,000 WOWs for the 40th Anniversary year. It was one of wierwille's "call to arms." The number was not reached....otherwise, twi would have blown the triumphant horns on this. Yeah, 3,100 sounds about right.

<_<

Then he stood in front of the entire Rock of Ages and cried about how his "heart ached" and basically said we had let him down. At least that's the way I remember it. But that's another topic.

Linda Z & skyrider..

Ahhh.. Didn't think about those numbers referring to Wow/WayDs.. So yeah, guess that number does sound about right.

But the rest is pretty hilarious..

No salvation and death being final..

What's the benefit in following the damn cult then? We're gonna die anyways..

Well I guess the seller never read the material dealing with "private interpretation".

(Seems like he was privately interpreting VPW's topic headings.)

:biglaugh: