GreaseSpot Cafe

what did you get for christmas?

brainfixed

ok this is kind of a grumpy thing and kind of not but i've heard enough complaining about this so i thought i'd just say something here where nobody knows me really and then it's out of my system and i won't go off in a bad temper and maybe with the humor that i see around here i can be out of my bad temper.

so what i got for christmas was to be able to work, but i'm glad i was able to work, you know? and i got to wake up in the morning, and i'm glad i was able to wake up in the morning. and i got to walk around on two good legs all day, and i'm glad i was able to walk around on two good legs all day. and then i got stuck after running off the road coming down a steep hill in the ice but i'm glad i had a car that i was able to get stuck in. do you see where i'm going with this? i don't do family during the holidays and i usually do friends but this christmas i worked and i heard a bunch of really bad grumbling and complaining and a lot of people just didn't come to work so it made twice as much or more work for us that did come to work but who cares really because at least we have a job and the ability to work and a place to go home to once we're off work and all that. ok so now i'm done.

I second Waysider, Dear One. :wub:

My brother was unable to make it home for our Christmas celebration the week before because his business has been very slow and they got a job that had to be completed by Christmas. We were sorry to miss his visit, but happy that his company was able to land a nice job. I'm thankful, too, for my job and that the recession hasn't affected me as badly as it seems to have so many others.

So, I'm glad that you have a job and two strong legs to work on. :B)

I got to spend two whole days, uninterrupted, with my wife, since we were snowed in and couldn't go anywhere.

My Navy son called me to wish me a happy Christmas, as did my younger brother in New York.

I got to wish my mother a happy birthday and to talk to my dad as well.

oh, waysider, it isn't wisdom but pure fear because there's been times i was too messed up to think straight enough or even move well enough to work so i'm afraid to go back to those dark places! and belle i would be torn if i was looking forward to seeing my living brother and had to miss him but he called me every name in the book except my own for christmas for too many years so i just skip talking to him if i can but he found me on the internet and did it again this year, so i wish he was working or something, and my legs aren't really strong but i keep them working as best i can and they're doing me pretty good so it's a real gift when they keep me going all day. i'm glad your job is good, too. oakspear those are such nice things to get for christmas!

This was the first Christmas without my brother in law, who died suddenly at the age of 47 last spring. Very quiet and low key, normally my sis has about 40 peopel over for dinner but this year it was just immediate family.

My one year old great neice got way too spoiled but brought much joy. It was cold, half the time all the dogs were in the house and it got chaotic now and then. My 86 year old aunt drove 5 hours by herself on winter highways and gave me a quilt he mother made her for a wedding present in the 1940's.

My mother died right before CHristmas a few years ago, and my dad died right after Christmas a year before her so it is a time of memories for my family.

It was nice to be together, the teens played wii until their arms hurt.

Emotionally it was alot more complicated than the Christmases when everyone was with us.

I got a plane that loops the loop and also a hulahoop. oh sorry, that was the Chipmunk Song. Actually got a number of fast food resturant gift cards and received Christmas cards from family and friends. Also earlier that week snow, sleet, and freezing rain-up to 4 inches or so. Anyway, Happy New Year to all.

I got to sleep in Christmas morning, woo woo!! We did our traditional going out to breakfast. Going out to eat is special because that is the only day of the year I eat out at breakfast. Unless, I am on vacation away from home.

Like you, brainfixed, I was able to put my two feet on the ground and get up. I run circles around folks twice younger than me that complain/grumble about this and that. I have a job(s) and that is a true gift these days. I have several friends hurting right now because of job situations. We have a roof over our head (which will be paid for Jan 2011), heat, food, clothes but most of all, the most important gift, family.

I am thankful for legs and feet and all. . . really . . . . but, my brother-in-law brought me an excellent box of gorgeous chocolates from Geneva. . . gotta say . . . I was pretty thrilled with that gift.

Edited by geisha779

I got to sleep in Christmas morning, woo woo!! We did our traditional going out to breakfast. Going out to eat is special because that is the only day of the year I eat out at breakfast. Unless, I am on vacation away from home.

You're always welcome to stop by for a "Sunday Morning Shoutbox Special".

I am thankful I still have a job to go to every morning. I really had to cut back on Christmas presents this year. I did not get my usual Christmas bonus, there was just no money for it. Believe me, it did not bother me one bit. I DID buy myself what I consider to be a great present. I have been coveting these jeans for a couple of years I think. I finally figured, what the heck. So I bought them.

CA1G0228I_large.jpg

Ohhhh Sparkly

I got to be with my family... IT is the one gift I treasure the most.

I also got a hand made pin from a dear friend.

and don't laugh but a compost can for my counter. Now I don't have to have old milk cartons or jars sitting on my kitchen counter with my trimmings waiting for a trip to the mulch pile LOL

I was going to say all I want for Christmas is my 2 front teeth :biglaugh:

lol kimberly, I just wear my old JC penny leather boots that I buy every other year. You are probably right, but I have really ugly big feet and have never been much of a shoe person. I can't walk in heels, and my size 9 feet just don't fit into the cute shoes! Oh well. Perhaps I'll look for some sparkly gym shoes.

It is nice to see though, that other people are just as blessed with the "simple" blessings in life that we always seem to take for granted, unless we lose them! God forbid that!