GreaseSpot Cafe

Interesting TWI Connection with IRS Bomber in TX

Belle

On July 8, 2007, Mr. Stack married the former Sheryl Housh, a divorced piano instructor who had once spent four years with The Way International, widely regarded as a religious cult. Since settling in Austin in the late 1980s, Ms. Housh had made the acquaintance of several locally prominent musicians, though few seemed willing to speak about her on Friday.

Why the NYT felt it necessary to mention this bit of information, I don't know, but thought it interesting that they mentioned the cult status. Here is the whole article.

Still.. out of 1,000,000 cult connections.. it is a pretty small world, isn't it?

I mean.. its not really even an *interesting* or significant cult. And considering the shrinkage.. the few numbers..

isn't the odds that herr ways name would even end up in such less than likely *prominence*.. as to the negative..

the odds are overwhelming..

:biglaugh:

the odds of it.. are almost as overwhelming.. as ex leader/followers ending up together on some kind of resort cruise..

:biglaugh:

I've looked at several articles on it now.

None of them have given any indication whatsoever how the wife's personal history plays any role in the event.

I suppose they could have played up the piano teacher aspect instead, but, it probably wouldn't grab as much attention as mention of a cult.

It is very sad and tragic that the IRS agent was killed. Along with the crazy joe stacks. It is a miracle no one else was killed. Tax collectors have been hated since the beginning. It does not justify commiting mass murder. I am sure more information will come out.

• Upvote 1

I don't think it is weird at all,I am very sad that happened to all the people involved.

Didn't the news say he burned his house down too.

The cause and effect of Cults teachings in peoples lives can make people react differant

than others not effected by this STRESS.

Belle I think this is an eye opener for people still in The Way International,especially to be in The New York Times,but then again in 1978 after Jonestown people still did NOT listen

to the medias warning of Cult involvement.

The amount of time in a cult is not so much the point it is the depth of the dive in water

you are unable to keep yourself from drowning in.(symbolically speaking )

It made me think about how they want everyone to be Mortage Free or they couldn't be "leaders".

I'm thinking there has to be something else to it. Why would the WIFE'S membership in a cult years ago be an issue at all? And just how did the NYT even find this out so fast? Is it on her facebook page or something? Its not like there's a member roster for ex-cult members some place they can check. If the reporters were digging for information asking the neighbors about her would that be something that would come out? "Oh, and BTW.. she was involved in a cult for four years a long time ago." Maybe.... maybe not.

sudo

Anyone clarify for me,... who was in the "Cult" Mr or Mrs. ? It sure looks like it's saying misses Stack was, and for four years. I wonder if they would have mentioned her oterwise?

• Upvote 1

The NYT is a rag! It is a former shadow of its self. The wife was in the for four years TWI. What does that have to do wife her husband losing his mind, buring his house and and he went off the deep end? Was her husband involved in the TWI? The NYT for years had bashed christains for years. Guilt by association? I don't think so. As much as the TWI is a cult and barely around. To hold them responsible it not fair not that I defending the TWI!

I'll be expecting the Tax Hike to pay for a new IRS Building anytime now....

Yea! I think you are right. Oh by the way forgot to say hi and welcome to the GSC. Nice to have you here!

The Boston Globe and Seattle Washington News says it too. But she is OUT of The Cult now.

:eusa_clap: still it is an issue because it is in her history,I would like to know why she decided to leave The Way International ,Boston papers say

having spent several years in the sway of a religious cult before her parents orchestrated a rescue.

The Boston Globe and Seattle Washington News says it too. But she is OUT of The Cult now.

:eusa_clap: still it is an issue because it is in her history,I would like to know why she decided to leave The Way International ,Boston papers say

having spent several years in the sway of a religious cult before her parents orchestrated a rescue.

The newpapers wonder why there readership is down? When they put stupid irresponsible hack journalsim. like that they deserve to lose there membership.

Okay,... So the Missus was - but no longer is, in a cult,

She was "Rescued"

That verbage makes me think circa ~ 1973-8 And stories I've read about "deprogrammers". I'm reading this "Deprogrammers".

It's a WAG I'll admit, and I wasn't born till 1980, on Sept 11th BTW, which was only September the 11th back then.

...oh it's not funny and no 911 wasn't the Muslim world's Birthday Present to Jesus....... So stuff it...!

Still My question went to the old Guilt by association thing (as others have surmised),... besides, Not even the Way trained People to fly airplanes into buildings Or was that the Secret LEAD Air Corps....

Maybe they can dig up some dirt on the family Dog too........

Also strange is that this woman found someone this "My WAY or the Airways... macho about life" ...says volumes too - just not about the dude, who was an obvious nut-job!

• Upvote 1

Still My question went to the old Guilt by association thing (as others have surmised),... besides, Not even the Way trained People to fly airplanes into buildings Or was that the Secret LEAD Air Corps....

Also strange is that this woman found someone this "My WAY or the Airways... macho about life" ...says volumes too - just not about the dude, who was an obvious nut-job!

The TWI was and still gulity of a lot of things. I never read or heard or read That they ever planned mass murder. They believe in a lot of bizzare things and harmed so many people. I was involved in scientology one time if I had a wife or relative that did something insane like this guy did. I bet the NYT and other rags of that ilk would mention my name and would happen to mention that I was involved in scientology.

[

Edited by nyunknown

The TWI was and still gulity of a lot of things. I never read or heard or read That they ever planned mass murder. They believe in a lot of bizzare things and harmed so many people. I was involved in scientology one time if I had a wife or relative that did something insane like this guy did. I bet the NYT and other rags of that ilk would mention my name and would happen to mention that I was involved in scientology.

[

Yanno,... I was thinking the same thing not long ago...

• Upvote 1

Apparently there are still a few in-duh-viduals who still think that deprogramming is a good thing. :asdf:

Look, if you want to bash your involvement with TWI, fine. But take personal responsibility for it, and stop hiding behind the "But I was brainwashed, and couldn't leave on my own" claptrap, okay?

And has anybody here ever thought that one person's own involvement in TWI doesn't always necessitate suicidal behaviors? I mean really. There were over 100,000 PFAL grads across the world over time, and those with the significant and resultant psychological/behavioral problems don't come anywhere _near_ that high of a number. Now if someone here can show me otherwise, ... please do so.

Talk about trying to get blood out of a turnip! :rolleyes:

nyunknown,

:offtopic: warning:

You apply quite a bit of 'guilt by association' of your own in your rants against the NYT, due to _one_ example of journal hackery. Who has been dealt with. ... Oh wait, I know! It's because they are more liberal than you feel comfortable with, is that it?

Never mind that Faux News shows _far_ more journalistic hackery, ... and you evidently have little problem with them.

Curious this is.

I don't know what the NYT was intimating. I knew of several ex-Way who actively practiced tax evasion; a whole bunch who were active conspiracy theorists; and a few who were regulars at the local prophecy club. Not a one of them was a woman.

However, she was divorced - not exactly a rarity, and a piano teacher, which could be rarer than having been in TWI. Not sure what any of that has to do with her husband slamming a plane in a building, other than she may not be known for making good choices. I guess the question is if her bad choices had anything to do with his choice.