GreaseSpot Cafe

lcm's teaching style in his class

Bolshevik

As I recall, when he taught Defeating the Adversary it was in front of a live audience (I was there) but decided to do the subsequent classes without an audience. That's just my rememberance though...could be wrong.

No... I think you are probably right, Oakspear... my memory for those kinds of details is just not what it once was...

And Rosie probably understood that? Or is that giving her too much credit?

It's giving her too much credit.

She didn't want to be the "Head Honcho", she wanted to be IN CHARGE, which is NOT

the same thing. She was happier being invisible but controlling whatever she wanted,

and letting someone else (lcm) be the public face of twi and draw all the attention and

flak for being the "Head Honcho."

It was easier for her to do whatever she wanted without comment when lcm was in charge.

That's why she covered for him for years, and finally booted him only when the lawyers

said he had to go. Now, people talk about her and notice her-which makes it a little

harder to get away with things. After all, most people can go to a dirty movie and

nobody cares, but you be a public figure like Peewee Herman and people NOTICE.

Similarly, Drew Carey tells a story about an incident that happened when he was at

Mardi Gras. He told one reveler that no one would care what they did or who they were,

which was correct. What he didn't realize was that since he was a public figure, he

was being videotaped- so the other person, because they were standing next to him,

was notable as long as they stood right by him.

Anyway, if you're not the head of a religious organization, a politician, an actor,

or other celebrity, what you do tends to go unnoticed- including when you don't want

to be noticed. If you're a public figure, avoiding notice takes work when you're not

behind closed doors.

Ditto, George... and I sat through it twice!! The first time was required for all standing grads. The second was right before I left twi, after having spent a great deal of time on WayDale clearing out the cobwebs. I volunteered to work the class so I could sit through it sans way-brain. I put a check-mark next to any Biblical passage where Craig taught one thing but that I knew from first-hand experience they practiced something entirely different... my syllabus was full of check-marks. (imagine that)

. . .

I'm pretty sure I saw that scene, I've thought about it for years, I may be mistaken and it may have been his intermediate class.

Edited by Bolshevik

It's giving her too much credit.

She didn't want to be the "Head Honcho", she wanted to be IN CHARGE, which is NOT

the same thing. She was happier being invisible but controlling whatever she wanted,

and letting someone else (lcm) be the public face of twi and draw all the attention and

flak for being the "Head Honcho."

. . .

okay . . . I seem to remember reading somewhere on this site, actually, I may have been told this at HQ, or both . . that the Directors put LCM on a "leash" when they got wind of some sex scandals, . . . so maybe lcm showing constraint in the video was a some result of that . . .

Bit late in the day to think of this, but "teaching" and "style" with regard to LCM - aren't these two complete opposites?

Now if you said, "screeching style" ... that would be accurate ...

Bit late in the day to think of this, but "teaching" and "style" with regard to LCM - aren't these two complete opposites?

Now if you said, "screeching style" ... that would be accurate ...

Lol!

Twinky, good point. . . . In the film, now that I think of it. . . . I don't think he yelled, if any, as much at all . . . ?

Maybe overall there was something different in his demeanor . . . I think rank and file might have brought a different attitude when listening than usual . . . Just a thought

LCM's "teaching style" was akin to a middle school football coach yelling at the team. As for him saying that Eve, the Devil (coming into concretion as a beautiful woman), and Adam had a threesome; I think that can be summed up as him wishing he was invited to Donna and Rosalie's sessions. Obviously, Rosalie is the devil in this scenario and he would just pretend she was a beautiful woman. :anim-smile:

Edited by OldSkool