GreaseSpot Cafe

The tone of death!

God first

The tone of death!

03-18-2010

As I move on in life I think of death so close to me and I am afraid of death that comes for all men big or small. I ask myself how can I cheat death my biggest enemy that is near at times and far away others times.

What tone does it make can I lie to it my saying I don’t hear its voice so loud and clear or will it sing a song that I do not know. Will it be in tongue that I sing alone with no knowing I sing my own song of death in a tongue that I like and sing alone?

What I do not see death coming to take me away but how I miss all the warning of death but what if death is nothing but a stage of life we must overcome. Like daylight overcomes nighttime the stage overcome the other.

We see daylight overcoming nighttime everyday it nothing new for something that happens everyday. But is death like this why not thank you, with a holy kiss Roy.

I dunno.. I don't think death is that terrifying. Coming alive into this existence.. now that was more like what people perceive as death than dying.. most just can't remember it..

two sides of the same coin I think..

I dunno.. I don't think death is that terrifying. Coming alive into this existence.. now that was more like what people perceive as death than dying.. most just can't remember it..

two sides of the same coin I think..

This brings up an interesting thought.

Some time ago, we had a thread that dealt with earliest memories. My own, personal, first memory happened at about 3 or 4 years old and it is vivid. Maybe this answers the question of when life begins. Just a thought.

I think you're right. And now you got me thinking of the beginning of the movie "Look Who's Talking".

Maybe this answers the question of when life begins. Just a thought.

Life begins at conception for all animal species. That is, when an egg is fertilized. For most plants, it begins when a seed germinates. These are textbook biological facts.

In addition, fetuses respond to light and sound stimuli in the womb. This can be seen every day in any ob/gyn's office.

I think it has even been shown that "learning" of sorts can take place in utero, although I could be wrong -- I can't cite a study.

I suspect that you already know all of this.

Edited by soul searcher

maybe.. my earliest memory.. or impression..

was a meeting with some kind of committee..

:biglaugh:

I'm not kidding..

we made some kind of "deal".. and shortly after, I ended up being flushed down some kind of cosmic "crapper"..

but right before the big flush, da numbnuts were telling me something like I'd better get it right this time.. and that *likely* I'd not remember the conversation..

call me "nuts".. but here it goes..

I think there were two or three of them..

and when life looks like its going on a dead end or something.. sometimes I ask them.. "what now fellas?"

I mean.. according to the agreement.. there had to be something in it for them..

take it or leave it..

This brings up an interesting thought.

Some time ago, we had a thread that dealt with earliest memories. My own, personal, first memory happened at about 3 or 4 years old and it is vivid. Maybe this answers the question of when life begins. Just a thought.

>>snicker<< ... Following that Logic: If we'd have killed you when you were two, Waysider, it wouldn't have been murder? {oh I just had to type that....!}

i suppose the pain could be terrifying

but the mind and body has dealt with pain and knows how

most painful is the things we think we should have done

or could have

and the people that may be hurt

soon enough they will also die

and join us in the air

this life pretty much sucks anyway

the next has to be better

and is

sadness turned to joy

You know... people weren't inclined to think these ways about death before World War I. I guess a few winters in the trenches in the midst of random, industrialized slaughter of fellow human beings can change a culture. That and a few saturation fire bombings. Even with our cars and iPods, we're more savage than we realize.

Love,

Steve

God first

thanks cman, Steve, and geisha779

yes sadness turned to joy my friend but I am not sad my friend cman

yes we're more savage than we realize. Steve

yes everything fine with me geisha i been seeing death as a thing more than anything other

with love and a holy kiss Roy

Edited by year2027

As I move on in life I think of death so close to me and I am afraid of death that comes for all men big or small. I ask myself how can I cheat death my biggest enemy that is near at times and far away others times.

I was thinking some more about this...

Aren't we, and all sentient beings, cheating death from the moment we're concieved?

Or...I suppose of one believes "predestination", then your fate was written long ago.

rich thread...touches so many things...many points being raised that are familiar to me...

...existential theologies...midwifery for each end of life...memories of birth experience as a death...notions of a "transmigration bardo committee"...waking up from spiritual amnesia and remembering...types of pain and fear besides physical in light of dying...radical changes in attitudes towards death and dying in recent history, religious and otherwise...

Roy, your opening post reminds me of a psalm...full of eye-opening inquiry...and perhaps even cause for anyone to reconsider the meaning behind some of the metaphors of the epistles.

here is a link to my post on your other "death" thread...seems related.

God first

thanks cman

but let death take us home

I got this another board

I am Inevitable, neither good or evil. I am only the shedding of the trappings of mortality. I am the setting of the sun of life as birth is the rising. I am only feared because of the mystery I am shrouded in. It is not me you fear, but the unknown. It is only the pain you leave behind that plagues your mind. I will always be and I will always come. Acceptance is Divine and to see me for what I am is the true joy. You needn't fear me, for I am with all things and it is to their end that I journey to take them home.

there be nothing without death not even a God as you have share with us

with love and a holy kiss Roy