GreaseSpot Cafe

Rabid Bidding for VPW film

Gen-2

http://cgi.ebay.ph/Rare-filmstrip-Dr-Wierwille-teaching-PFAL-Class/150416793983

The Bidding has closed. But I found this one funny

The information was incorrect on one point.

The class was converted to video tape in the early 1970s, not the 1980s.

Oh, the stories we could tell about those wacky "u-matic" machines. :biglaugh:

SONY_U-MATIC.jpg

Edited by waysider

I got one of those as a "gift" from the BOD for Christmas during my WOW year of 82-83.

7 shi**y frames of film about 3 1/2 inches long in exchange for a year of my life.....mine disappeared a long long time ago...It's polluting some landfill and poisoning someones water now.

Edited by mstar1

I was digging around in the pencil drawer of my desk, and lo and behold, what did I find?

Yes, my own personal piece of "The Class".

Shee-it, I was kinda hoping that the eBay seller had gotten a few bites. I just might be able to part with this historic relic for the right price...

Hey Waysider,

Did you ever have to take the top off of one of those things and hold a pen against the loop of tape so the damned thing would feed properly? 3 hours a night for two weeks got mighty old, I'll tell ya...

Hey Waysider,

Did you ever have to take the top off of one of those things and hold a pen against the loop of tape so the damned thing would feed properly? 3 hours a night for two weeks got mighty old, I'll tell ya...

I don't remember doing that, specifically, but I do remember how we had to tear them apart and clean the drum on a routine basis or it would fail to track properly..

In the early 1980s, as this format was on the brink of obsolescence, HQ made them available to select insiders for a mere $800. And they only had playback capabilities; they did not record

Also, I once made a car buying decision based on the depth of the trunk. It had to be deep enough to house the tape machine, projector, movie screen and supplies. :redface:

Not Rosie unless she has moved to the Philippines.

mmm...the currency is quoted in US$ and Philippine currency.

Seller appears to be in Seattle.

Pretty expensive for a bit of fire starter material.

• 4 weeks later...

I had one of those.. about six or seven frames of herr foundational class on 16mm film.. I gave it to somebody here on gs a couple of years back.

I was ready to throw out the last "relic" I had of waydom.. something told me no.. and somebody apparently wanted it for something..

:biglaugh:

well.. like anything else toxic.. its now their problem, not mine..

:biglaugh:

3 hours a night for two weeks got mighty old, I'll tell ya...

I'm not one to be picky but...it was 3 hours a night for 3 weeks!! And yes, I do remember the pen thing you were talking about. Sometimes I would open the top up just because I was bored and I wanted something to do.

("duh...watch the drum spin...watch the tape feed all the way...uh yup! Ooooh! Look at it all go back into one place when you hit stop!! What a honor all this is...my 24h time through the class and it never gets old...zzzzz :yawn1:

I was so dedicated back in the mid '80s.

I took mine and made internegatives and subsequently, 8x10's for whoever might want one. Natcherly, everyone in the area wanted one. Everyone was soooo blessed to get theirs.

All at my expense, of course.

Natchurrly....

Since initially posting this, I found that there is A snippet of frames just like what is being spoken of in my dad's PFAL Syllabus. Also in the back of the syllabus is something called a WOW Handbook, It's about the size of a Little Golden Book, softbound. I looked inside it. It tells one how to be a good WOW! (illustrated with stick-figures)

I had a few items like that..

the wow sylabus didn't have the stick figures.. maybe they grew up or something..

in *way* thinking anyway..

I'm guessing with the stick figures.. it must have been from about 1975 or 1974..

that's one "relic" I'd like to see come in the mail from *somebody* someday.. the wow pin.

If there was anything I *earned*.. I think that was it..

even though I don't know what I would do with it now..