GreaseSpot Cafe

The show must go on.

waysider

"Even if NO ONE shows up, you are to run your meeting just as you normally would."

Raise your hand if you ever did this.

:biglaugh:

Branch leader: How was twig last night?

Twig leader: Tremendous!

Branch leader: How many people showed up?

Twig leader: None.

Branch leader: That's tremendous!

:P

My dog was like a lot of people, only interested in snack time.

hehehe

I mean, really, if you ever find yourself wondering if the whole thing was stoooooopid, just think about those times you went through the motions all by your lonesome.

:asdf:

"Even if NO ONE shows up, you are to run your meeting just as you normally would."

Hand raised. Eventually common sense took over, and I figured out that the only reason for the meeting was the people, so I stopped doing that. But common sense is so hard to come by in TWI.

Well, now Doc Vicster used to teach the trees.... :biglaugh:

Even that part of VP's history was plagiarized. It seems VP's story is a restatement of an incident that Billy Graham remembers from his own early years as a minister. I believe it appears, as a recollection, in his 1997 book, Just as I Am.

Wierwille knew Graham. I'm sure he must have heard him relate this story at various times.

Edited by waysider

• 2 weeks later...

Hey your poster even has "Lions" in the top left corner.

For the throwing to of Christians, no doubt.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chUxuGFlFkI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chUxuGFlFkI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chUxuGFlFkI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Edited by waysider

If no new people showed up we were supposed to go witnessing.

Yeah, been there, too.

What I'm referring to here, though, is when NO ONE, as in zip, zilch, nada, shows up and you find yourself in the room by yourself.

Yeah, been there, too.

What I'm referring to here, though, is when NO ONE, as in zip, zilch, nada, shows up and you find yourself in the room by yourself.

Been there too. If no one showed up, I went out and did something "profitable" (usually involving a bar with music).

Had to "Redeem the Time", don't cha know? There's been several times that no one showed up for twig.

What to do?? Teach the furniture, or actually have some fun? The choice was painfully obvious.

As docvic once said "I may be dumb, but I ain't stoooooooooooopid". If the MOGFODAT said it, I believed it. biglaugh.gif

Edited by dmiller

I used to hate that crap. So, mmmm....I wasn't new...fellowship was to meet needs...so because I am a grad I have no needs? Of course they would never say this in doctrine only imply it through their practices. Which of course most in the way international are to numb to infer what is stated by THEIR OWN practices. I am sure they can interpret my actions though.... :rolleyes:

here is an action.... :mooner: .....by the way, how come the cuss checker lets the mooner get by but catches Pe$h1tt@....damn thing must be broken... :biglaugh:

The cuss checker must be in the way international....it can't interpret my mooner guy's practice of mooning casual readers.... :anim-smile:

ok, time to go witnessing....man the magazine aisles....grab something the person next to you is reading...now....feign interest..."so you like golf?" ....person answers..."Uhhh....yah?..!....witnesser responds "God's made the universe similar to a golf ball, except it's filled with water and the earth would be a molecule floating in the water...." :thinking::rolleyes: ....golf fan runs like hell!

This made me chuckle. (Though I'm sure you didn't find it funny at the time.)

And so where the f___ was everybody? I'da been p*ssed.

Edited by soul searcher

Yeah, been there, too.

See, it's no wonder I am copped out...lol I never did this. By the time I was running a fellowship and living w/o room mates to screw things up, I would just turn on the TV and to make it extra special and crack open a brewski. I do remember the exortation to do this though. It was as if it were some extra special expression of one's unyielding commitment to God. Probably more like an indication of one needing to be committed to the puzzle factory for telling people to do this.