GreaseSpot Cafe

Albert Cliffe, Medium and Psychic - Influence on VPW

kizka

Hi Everyone:

Here it is practically a lifetime later, and I still find things I need to repent of from my time in the Way. One is "magical thinking", or belief, name it and claim it, etc. That VPW was influenced by a medium (Albert Cliffe) does not surprise me, you can read about it here:

http://www.uia.net/~messiah7/vp_cliffe.htm

In my estimation, we were being taught what equates to at best New Age Thinking and at worst witchcraft. Are there any other nefarious facets to my brainwashing that I am unaware of? Thank God I am now truly born again, and I hope and pray God shows me the full extent of the lies told to me through VPW.

http://www.uia.net/~messiah7/rsr_lawbelieve.htm

And for grins here are the titles in Cliffe's book, Let Go and Let God:

Let Go and Let God

Believing in Life

The First Step is Getting Along with People

The Second Step is Freeing Yourself from Fear

The Third Step is Practicing Kindness

The Fourth Step is Establishing Right Relationships

The Sixth Step is Building a Name for Yourself

The Seventh Step is Adjusting Your Life

The Eighth Step is Using the Force of Ideas

The Ninth Step is Discovering Your Underlying Motives

The Tenth Step is Overcoming Any Feeling of Inferiority

Your Code for Life

Your Guide to Happiness

There is Magic in Believing

Yesterday Ended Last Night

The Ten Commandments and You

The Law of Cause and Effect

There is No Death

What God Means to Me

Healing by Faith

Here's the Amazon link:

http://www.amazon.com/Let-Go-God-Victorious-Living/dp/0671763962

Have a look inside. It was written in 1951. Do a search for say "abundant life" and you will see very plainly that a lot of this man's ideals were taught by Victor Paul Wierwille all throughout the way international.

Here is a quote on page 129, from "The is Magic in Believing"

A woman came to see me several months ago suffering from a nervous rash which a dermatologist had been unable to heal. On discussing her problems we discovered what was wrong with her thinking. She gave up that wrong to Christ and her rash disappeared in twenty-four hours. It has never returned. Her constant fear was of something that had happened years ago; this fear caused the rash. The moment she gained faith in God, through the magic of believing, her "incurable" condition disappeared.

Does this sort of thing sound familiar to anyone?

Perhaps a more modern day example of this foolishness.

http://www.greasespotcafe.com/main2/component/option,com_docman/Itemid,29/task,doc_download/gid,29/

"A woman came to see me several months ago suffering from a nervous rash which a dermatologist had been unable to heal. On discussing her problems we discovered what was wrong with her thinking. She gave up that wrong to Christ and her rash disappeared in twenty-four hours. It has never returned. Her constant fear was of something that had happened years ago; this fear caused the rash. The moment she gained faith in God, through the magic of believing, her "incurable" condition disappeared."

Does this sort of thing sound familiar to anyone?

Yes, it sounds suspitiously similar to a track from All Aboard called "Do The Best You Can."

Not too sure that this is on the topic but I feel it sort-of pertains.

I recently chatted with a psychic who attends a local Assembly of God Church here in town. She told me I was delivered from great bondage and wanted to know what this "chanting was that came from the ministry." "Oh," I said,"they teach you on video how to speak in tongues!"

Her mouth dropped! She shook her head and said,"You can't learn how to speak in tongues by a video class! It's a gift from God!"

This woman...possessed by the :evildenk: and filled with debel spirits...had more common sense and spiritual insight than I have had in the past 20 years.

I appreciate this post and have learned a lot from it. I always thought "Believing = Receiving" was like witchcraft because you'd have to possess "magical spell-power" to make anything happen.

I hope and pray God shows me the full extent of the lies told to me through VPW.

I'm with ya, kizka, in the same boat. It's shocking and sickening to know where VPW got his brand of "truth." You'd think there would be a huge difference between a medium and a "man of God" and then you find out one's an understudy of the other. On the other side of the coin, it's nice to know I don't need to control everything in my little corner of the world--because I can't!

I was raised in a new age environment. I knew back that that what we got in TWI that it was the same stuff with a different name. But just try pointing that out to someone. I did and it wasn't well received. What made TWI particularly insidious is not that this stuff was taught, but that people were not supposed to question or to study and come to one's own conclusions, despite the talk against spoon-feeding a person his/her faith. Not that TWI is much different than any other fundamentalist religion in that aspect. TWI did not advertise itself as being strict fundamentalist.

TWI is a bizarre combination of the occult and fundamentalist Christianity... makes for a nasty cocktail.... Gives people a false sense of power, and at the same time a false extremely inflated (and twisted) sense of right and wrong.

I don't think you need to repent from anything, it is in your struggles in your growth with Yahweh, the two of you will never be the same, you grew with your Father, within your struggles with your Father, your Yahweh's kid.

Thing is I always thought I was "born again", until I actually was - I was walking in blindness. I had rejected the belief that Jesus Christ was God and was in essence practicing witchcraft. When I left the Way I was already primed to develop my psychic powers - and I did. I opened my mind up like a T1 to the internet, without a firewall. I learned things. It almost killed me. I completely repent of them. When I found out that that manipulating, liar, Weirwille was into the same thing, it made complete sense. I wish I had someone to warn me at the time. I was just another kid without adult supervision, looking for answers, and Satan was there to provide them.

This woman...possessed by the :evildenk: and filled with debel spirits...had more common sense and spiritual insight than I have had in the past 20 years.

I actually learned to speak in tongues at home from the book. I was told I was not "really" speaking in tongues, when it was starting to become obvious to "them" I was not going to fall in line. Saying that, I bet none of us was "really" speaking in tongues. I still speak in tongues to this day, but yesterday after posting this thread, decided to stop it. God knows what I have been doing. Some form of meditation I guess. Need to close that door.

.... it's nice to know I don't need to control everything in my little corner of the world--because I can't!

That is such a relief! Everything bad that happens is not because of my "unbelief". I don't control the universe! Who would have thought? LOL :blink:

TWI did not advertise itself as being strict fundamentalist.

That is because it was obviously a New Age Cult with Protestant/Charismatic/Fundy trappings, imho...

TWI is a bizarre combination of the occult and fundamentalist Christianity... makes for a nasty cocktail.... Gives people a false sense of power, and at the same time a false extremely inflated (and twisted) sense of right and wrong.

...and in my opinion sends people straight down the wrong path to hell.

http://www.uia.net/~..._lawbelieve.htm

The First Step is Getting Along with People

Errr I think perhaps he should have paid more attention to this passage ~ as I am sure the "marked and avoided" would agree ~ LOL :doh:

i don't really understand a lot of this. i have to think about it i guess

i don't know if i was led down a road to hell. doesn't that mean now i have to believe what you're saying ?

i'm not a very good believer

I was just stating my beliefs.

no offense intended AT ALL

i was just thinking about this thread and i've alway been scared to death of psychics, etc.

but now i'm thinking about what we know is true about veepee -- and for some reason it's still freaking me out

i'm sorry

as if this JERKOFF has taught me to stay away from heebie jeebie devils and i actually still believe it -- i think -- even knowing he was one

i'm sorry this upsets me. i'm like a way brain after all these years

i don't know

i don't want to embrace anything anymore

ps. i'm still a believer christian follower of christ whatever you call it

but i don't belong to a THING

just talking, don't mind me. and i'm really not trying to pin anyone down ever

i was just thinking about this thread and i've alway been scared to death of psychics, etc.

but now i'm thinking about what we know is true about veepee -- and for some reason it's still freaking me out

Well look at me I am still doing triage over it - this is what I think, you should be aware of evil, you should resist evil, in what ever form it takes - fear no - "For God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of Power and Love and of a Sound Mind..."

The thing is Victor Paul Wierwille was an evil man. He was a manipulator, liar, fornicator, thief (of other people's ideas), and most likely a narcissist. The worst thing he did was lie about God. The second was to make us fear everything, our own thoughts (lest we fall into destructive unbelief), whether we were possessed or likely to be, or the people closest to us. The big trick was the very things he was teaching us, visualization, mediation, using power from "God" (though this god was wrongly labeled) were the very vehicles that would open us up to possession. Clever. Evil. If we try to break out of it we become afraid of our own imaginations, thus easier to control. If he does not tell what to believe we become frightened. Classic mind control. Needs to be trashed.

You people are making us witches look bad by comparing Wierwille and his cult to us...

See thats my point exactly. Want to practice the occult, wicca, new age this or that? Fine with me. I have no qualms. What I have a problem with is Victor Paul Wierwille saying his ministry was Christian, all the while cloaking occult practices in his teachings and then denouncing the occult. In reality, his works helped hide true Christianity, which is relationship between God, Christ, and those who confess Romans 10:9,10. The hypocrisy is what chaps my a$$. Otherwise, people have the God given right to believe as they chose.

It was in other categories as well Old Skool. Like lambasting other Christians, especially the Catholics for being "observers of days and seasons" when they did the same themselves (Uncle Harry Day, Anniversary, etc)

lcm going into lengthy, elaborate tirades attacking Catholics for

making statues and other graven images, then having both a big

statue and smaller statues of vpw being made, and advertised.

Actually, I consider twi WORSE than wiccans, because wiccans leave you alone,

and don't dictate to you how to live your life or do anything.

Their Golden Rule? Don't harm anyone. (A little like the Hippocratic Oath.)

Furthermore, I consider twi WORSE than SATANISTS LIKE ANTON LE VEY,

since he was right up-front and honest about who and what you were dealing with.

With him, you knew he'd do whatever he'd want to do, and that's all there was to it.

With twi, there's this disconnect- they'd claim to do one thing in public,

then do the opposite when the cameras were off.

• Upvote 1