GreaseSpot Cafe

Why Did VP Choose LCM?

JavaJane

Probably been hashed and rehashed here at the GSC... But why was LCM the choice for president instead of someone else? Better boot licker? Had more dancing ability? Knew more swear words? Looked better in tights? Wife was willing to swing both ways?

In all our discussion of who would be Rosie's replacement, it just got me thinking...

Why LCM? It would seem to me that it would be more logical to select Don and keep it in the family.

Maybe it was the hypnotic power of the five-head?

I've said it before. I don't think VPW really gave a ratz azz whether "the ministry" continued to exist after he was gone as long as people continued to hold HIM (VPW) in high regard. And, there are quite a few people who still do, as evidenced by the Face Book page.

Probably been hashed and rehashed here at the GSC... But why was LCM the choice for president instead of someone else? Better boot licker? Had more dancing ability? Knew more swear words? Looked better in tights? Wife was willing to swing both ways?

In all our discussion of who would be Rosie's replacement, it just got me thinking...

Why LCM? It would seem to me that it would be more logical to select Don and keep it in the family.

Maybe it was the hypnotic power of the five-head?

What was everyone told?

What did people think was the reason?

Or what was the reason?

I'll give you three for the price of one.

All based on what posters here have said over the years.

A) People were told, long before a choice was announced, that the search was on for the next

President, and to consider nominating their best choices. As they were told, potentially any

Advanced Class Grad was a candidate.

(However, even if the process was serious, it's obvious

it would have been an Advanced Class Grad who had been in no less than 5 years and more likely

more, who had previously or currently did hold a position of Limb Coordinator or higher.

At least, that's my opinion.)

So, people were nominating various top twi people for the position. Except lcm, since nobody

who was familiar with him thought he had the chops for the role- academic, presentation, etc.

(Someone like Walter C would have been an obvious choice if it was all about research.)

What I was personally told was that it was determined like in Acts 1, where the lot fell

upon Matthias- a vote. Obviously, this was a dirty lie someone had passed down. In reality,

the decision was up to vpw and ONLY up to him. Furthermore, a few people at the top gave all

their suggestions to him face to face, and NONE of them were lcm. In short, people were told

there was a process, but vpw had lcm selected long before he announced there WAS a process.

The "process" was yet another vpw lie. What a surprise! Who'd suspect vpw would lie to

everyone?

B) What some people thought was the thinking behind lcm's selection....

People discussing it among themselves were thinking it was something along the lines

of his Way Corps connections. lcm was a student in one of the early Corps (he's shown

as a student in the photos included in "The Way:Living in Love", leading people on a run-

which he was academically qualified to do because he was a jock in college, even though

he "rode the bench" on the football team.) Shortly after he finished that, he was put

briefly (IIRC) in charge of the WOW program, then was put in charge of the Corps overall.

With various Corps "vets" being familiar with him, perhaps the thinking was he'd have

their loyalty on that basis.

This was all speculation, and was all faulty. Those who were familiar with lcm were not

impressed with his demonstrated abilities. He wasn't even good at "running" the WOW

program or the Corps. This shouldn't be a huge surprise, since vpw took a guy hot out

of college and put him in charge of stuff and expected him to figure it all out.

lcm was never a smart man nor a scholar. He had no training in "figure it out", either.

So, he stumbled his way through his assignments. That's not really his fault- vpw put

him in positions time after time where and when he was fundamentally unprepared, and

did nothing to ameliorate that. There was never a "I will run this. I will show you how

this works. Pay close attention" and then a few years later "Now it's your turn."

So vpw sometimes corrected him AFTER THE FACT once lcm made a mistake.

Anyway, that was the guesswork. Since twi has a proud tradition of keeping its people in

the dark when it's not lying to them, and then announcing it's keeping them well-informed,

guesswork was all the AVERAGE peon on the field had. That and misinformation.

C) Someone in with vpw asked him right after lcm was announced-asked him why. vpw said that

lcm never questioned him- when vpw said to do something, lcm would just do it.

In other words, lcm had blind loyalty and a notable lack of thinking for himself.

This, in vpw's eyes, made him the ideal choice to replace himself as President.

Why?

We can only speculate why from here, but obviously it served vpw and not twi.

My guess is that he thought he'd be able to stay in charge whenever he wanted to,

but pulling lcm's strings like a puppet.

If so, that sure backfired. As soon as lcm had the big chair, he established that

he expected the blind loyalty to go to HIM. He had blind loyalty to the captain of

the ship, and now it was everyone else's turn to have that.

(We even know that because he TOLD one poster here. They asked if he was calling on

them to follow him BLINDLY, and he said that's what they already had been doing.

lcm was always a clueless jerk once vpw got his hooks into him.)

vpw eventually felt so neglected that he went to the other man who'd worshipped him

blindly- chris geer- and constructed a list of complaints about how twi was

SPIRITUALLY off ALL OF A SUDDEN and how it was all because they turned away from

vpw and did things without him.

(We weren't part of the discussions, but the main thrust was correct- vpw had also

spoken briefly to Ralph D on the way to visiting chris, and that general concept

was what was on his mind.)

===========================

lcm himself pretty much knew he was on the ministry "fast track" long before he

was announced. Go ahead and read his OWN account.

It was in his book, "VP and Me."

http://www.greasespotcafe.com/main2/waydale/waydale-corps-notes/vp-and-me.html