GreaseSpot Cafe

Tents

Oakspear

love you out and aboutie !!!!

love you too, excie!

Don't forget to have that Beautiful Ohio song blaring bright and early in the morning.

:yawn1:

WOW, that would really bring it back. Too bad we don't have those insects out here in CA that go eek eeke eeke at night.

Edited by outandabout

eke? sounds like Puritans couldn't find a rhyme for seek, meek, speak, weak/week, for psalm singing. And I know this through class on hymnody :biglaugh::anim-smile::eusa_clap:

I grew up in Indiana, and I love the crickets and night sounds. Some of them are little tiny tree frogs croaking. I spent six years in the tropics, where the closest thing you get is geckos chirping in your walls at night. That's good though. The geckos eat the roaches, which are ubiquitous in the tropics.

One thing about the insect night noises, if you're driving through the country with your window down, the insects sound the same whether you're moving or stationary. There are just that many of them!

Love,

Steve

That eeke, eeke, eeke sound is some sort of tree dwelling insect. I was never able to figure out just what kind. As to tree frogs, when my son was in 3rd or 4th grade, we got butterfly nets and caught tree frog tadpoles (pollywogs) at the temporal pools on nearby construction sites. We put them in a big galvanized tub next to a tree in our backyard. Every night we would go outside and watch the developing tree frogs make their pilgrimage into the canopy of the surrounding trees. Even today, we can here those frogs singing their songs as a rain approaches. Memories like that aren't for sale---- not even on ebay.

edit: OK---I know they're not the same frogs we released. :biglaugh:

Edited by waysider