GreaseSpot Cafe

Chick Flicks/Guy Movies

Broken Arrow

Young man walks into a clothing store with a bouquet of flowers. He gives them to his girlfriend to celebrate them dating for exactly one-week. There is a Joe Cocker song playing in the background and all the girls at the clothing come out and clap for true love. The young man clumsily walks away and as he does, accidently knocks over a shelf and all the girls giggle. His girlfriend says, "I'll get that." And the young man sheepishly leaves-This is a chick flick.

This same young man starts to walk down the street toward his parked car. As he gets 4-feet away, the car explodes and the young man barely escapes with his life. He knows who did it, it was Max Oscapelli. He has it in for him because the young man, who is also an undercover cop, busted him on drug charges years ago. Now Oscapelli is out of prison and seeking revenge.-This is a guy movie.

Edited by Broken Arrow

A young woman is assaulted by a group of men. She gets together with her support group of girlfriends, who, with the aid of the one upstanding man she knows (possibly played by Lorenzo Lamas), hack the bank accounts of the men and use the money to build a women's center. This is a chick flick.

A young woman is assaulted by a group of men. She trains with a group of female commandos (led by a man wearing an eye patch, possibly played by Lorenzo Lamas); and, with the help of the commandos, kicks the living cr@p out of the men, blowing up their houses and hacking their bank accounts to retire to Tahiti, lounging in bikinis and drinking margaritas. This is a guy movie.

George

George...don't be so sexist!

A young woman is assaulted by a group of men. She trains with a group of female commandos (led by a man wearing an eye patch, possibly played by Lorenzo Lamas); and, with the help of the commandos, kicks the living cr@p out of the men, blowing up their houses and hacking their bank accounts to retire to Tahiti, lounging in bikinis and drinking margaritas. This is a guy girl movie.

George

Much better role model!! :biglaugh: Sista power heh heh

Sally Field, Dolly Parton, Julia Roberts, Shirley MacLaine, Daryl Hannah, and Olympia Dukakis talk things over. Chick flick.

George

There is a redeeeming scene. Tom Skerrit decides he's going to get rid of the birds in the tree by throwing up a string of firecrackers. The problem is, the fuses lasted longer than he planned and the firecrackers fal down and boew up around his head. The character goes temporarily deaf. Embarrassed, he pretends nothing is wrong.

A young woman is assaulted by a group of men. She gets together with her support group of girlfriends, who, with the aid of the one upstanding man she knows (possibly played by Lorenzo Lamas), hack the bank accounts of the men and use the money to build a women's center. This is a chick flick.

A young woman is assaulted by a group of men. She trains with a group of female commandos (led by a man wearing an eye patch, possibly played by Lorenzo Lamas); and, with the help of the commandos, kicks the living cr@p out of the men, blowing up their houses and hacking their bank accounts to retire to Tahiti, lounging in bikinis and drinking margaritas. This is a guy movie.

George

George I think they did the first one already....it was called "The First Wives Club"

I can't remember the title but you'll probably remember what I'm talking about. It's a WWII movie about an American sub commandeering a German U-Boat. I think it was U-571, or something like that. It's the only movie I've seen where it just goes from one scene of shooting and blowing things up to the next and the plot is totally incidental. It's great! I mean you can just bask in two hours of "Ka-Boom", "Oh no! German fighters...ahh!" KA-BOOM! Who the Hell cares what they were actually trying to do? And of course, the Americans win against all odds, like they always do.

It's like the writer scripted this series of special effects and then thought, "Hmmm, guess we oughta have a plot in here somewhere".