GreaseSpot Cafe

the victoids' *ministry(?)*

Ham

Do you realize that if Johniam had not started piping in with his opinions, we wouldn't have had so much to talk about during these last days of GSC?

So I've begun asking myself, what is keeping me coming back to read these posts? Besides this thread, Johniam has very little bearing on my life. So why do I care what he thinks if I am so convinced I'm right? We all know he will argue any point that is contrary to his beliefs, sometimes with completely illogical reasoning. So, why do I keep on reading and responding. I even said I was going to stop at one time.

Is it because I have a concern for Johniam's welfare? Perhaps a little, but I keep driving around the block again and again. Why? Am I trying to impress myself and others with my "great intellectual grasp of spiritual matters"? I certainly hope not because I have no great intellectual grasp on much of anything except when it's time to eat. Maybe I'm afraid he's right?.......Nah, that's not it!. Perhaps I'm really saying the things in my posts to someone else who left the premises a long time ago. Now that thought resonates with me.

The person who stole from me took off with the goods and is not coming back to account for the crime. I have so much I wish I would have said and done. Johniam's posts have given me an opportunity to say them, but I'm talking to the wrong guy. Nevertheless, I entertain the thought that if I can't have my day of reckoning with the offender, maybe I can deconstruct his ideas. I don't have that power, I wish I did. Then again, it's probably good that I don't. I cannot get back what was stolen. The broken heart can be healed but trying to regain, trying to get paid back, is impossible.

At first, I just wanted to reach 2000 posts before the forums closed. But, writing things out....for me....is really helpful. And it really does offend me that people still think VP was a man after God's own heart. It hurts me for them that they are missing the greatness of God.....but, it also offends me that people who claim such special knowledge, have such a low view of God. Especially if they call themselves a son of God. Which btw the scriptures does not call us. Collectively we are the sons and daughters of God...but the title...Son of God is reserved for Jesus Christ alone.The term used most to describe us is slave, but even that is used to emphasis His role as master.(That one was for johniam) I guess that is another topic. :)

Yeah, I said I wasn't going to look again....and then.....I did. It is like a train wreck and I can't seem to look away.

Edited by geisha779

quote: as if you know what that means, we are not told to

wait for the gathering together

anywhere at anytime

1 Thes. 1:10 - and to wait for His son from heaven, whom He raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

quote:

Can you use another reference to make your point?

(Aside from Way materials)

Why should I? NOW what's the problem?

Why should I? NOW what's the problem?

Why

Unless you can argue your point from a logical position, there is no reason to give any value to your statement.

This would be true, regardless of the subject matter.

The problem

You have not demonstrated an ability or willingness to do so.

Edited by waysider

He just did, a commercial for certs. It doesn't get much more reliable than that.

OU812?

Whoa! Now that's getting deep! This thread just moved several notches up in terms of unbiased intellectual discourse! :eusa_clap:

Certs is a candy mint!

Certs is a breath mint!

STOP! You're both right!

We're both sons and daughters of God AND slaves.

That is quite an exegesis you have there. Impressive! What a response to the knowledge that the term The Son of God is reserved for Jesus Christ alone or that we are called slaves to emphasis the Lordship of Jesus. I am sure that is what it is meant to invoke in us.....a childish response and a commercial for Certs.

These terms and positions are good things to learn....they help us overcome the complete lack of the fear of God we had in TWI....they also help to build a high view of God instead of the low view we held in TWI. I am very thankful for those little things and the deliverance they serve.

somehow I don't think that the "gathering together" is going to be like somebody's childhood nightmare before Christmas, with the victoid, as satan's (ahem santa's) elf, passing out rewards to those who persevere, da faithful, those who remain loyal to da verd of vic, as it has likely never been known..

:biglaugh:

I'm still waiting for the "safe harbor" definition here. Safe from WHAT? And who was it that enjoyed any kind of tangible protection? "Well.. I felt good about myself.."

To quote the moron.. "you can get a good feeling on a psychiatrist's couch.."

was that all it was? A little good feeling.. that one belonged (?) ..

or "saved" from other religions or ideas? "saved" from Trinitarians?

or "saved" from at least reasonably relying on one's God given logic and instincts?

like another poster.. "you'll be surprised with the RESULTS".. and the supposed results always seem intangible, always out of reach, or impossible to be described..

so yes. "you've got to be kidding.."

safe harbor?

ha.

I didn't make the claim..

maybe it's "saved" from a conscience..

quote: Do you realize that if Johniam had not started piping in with his opinions, we wouldn't have had so much to talk about during these last days of GSC?

That's the beauty of this place: I get to reaffirm my position and you all get to reaffirm yours. There are more of you than there is of me...HERE, but outside of here, who can say?

quote: I'm still waiting for the "safe harbor" definition here. Safe from WHAT? And who was it that enjoyed any kind of tangible protection?

Ps.107:28-30 - then they cry unto the Lord in their trouble, and He bringeth them out of their distresses. He maketh the storm a calm, so that the waves thereof are still. Then they are glad, because they be quiet; so He bringeth them unto their desired haven.

I didn't use the phrase 'safe harbor'. I said 'safe haven'. Good havens, let's not harbor any more doubts about the Lord's goodness unto the children of men!

quote: I'm still waiting for the "safe harbor" definition here. Safe from WHAT? And who was it that enjoyed any kind of tangible protection?

Ps.107:28-30 - then they cry unto the Lord in their trouble, and He bringeth them out of their distresses. He maketh the storm a calm, so that the waves thereof are still. Then they are glad, because they be quiet; so He bringeth them unto their desired haven.

I didn't use the phrase 'safe harbor'. I said 'safe haven'. Good havens, let's not harbor any more doubts about the Lord's goodness unto the children of men!

Very well, then.

Safe "haven" from what?

So just HOW is the vicster's supposed *ministry* a safe haven?

a safe haven from WHAT? and for WHOM?

raping, pillaging, opulent spending and living..

as far as I can see is.. it was a "safe haven" for CRIMINALS, and a RELATIVELY safe haven for those who could be kept clueless..

I haven't been offered or given many other options here..

one can label a brothel a church, or "ministry".. but the label does not change what is inside.

and they rely on one's basic sense of decency and love of God to not pluck them off..

sure looks pretty on the topside. Polished, shiny little creature..

"that da *ministry* be not blamed.."

I dunno. A tick is a pretty offensive thing, at least to me..

no matter what religion it boasts..

Good havens, let's not harbor any more doubts about the Lord's goodness unto the children of men!

You are the only poster who has been casting doubts on God's goodness.....

Then again, we usually did assume God Almighty had less moral fiber than your average atheist with an ounce of common decency.

Trickle down theology.

You can read the post, but you can't see the word of God.

Can you explain what this means?

I have seen that church leaders are not supposed to live a life of debauchery and greed. What part am I not seeing?

Edited by waysider