GreaseSpot Cafe

vp plagiarism documentation

Kit Sober

One of the reasons (among many) that I thought it was important to document the plagiarism is because when vp presented as his own the works of others, we were not able to read things in their original, when the holy spirit was in power and in truth. Plagiarized works have not the life that the original had.

I was especially struck with this when Pawtucket's request for documentation encouraged me to search through dusty stuff and I got to rereading JE Stiles' "The Gift of the Holy Spirit" which is full of the tender longing of the Holy Spirit to see all see all people completely saved and come to a knowledge of the truth. How pitiful it is that we gained so much arrogant head knowledge without the heart of compassion and yearning for a true "closer walk with Thee." (JE Stiles' "The Gift of the Holy Spirit" is on amazon.com for less than $10.)

Another example is Oral Roberts' "Christ in Every Book of the Bible" originally published in 1965 with subsequent printings and copyrights. When vp did his version he didn't say, "Hey Oral Roberts did this also, here is my version, and you can do one too. Jesus Christ is limitless, and each of us see a different "face" of Him because He is so fathomless."

No. Instead vp acted like his version was the only one and any other person's version was a counterfeit of his genuine article (which of course is class a crxp).

Here's a version from a Methodist: http://powdersprings...ove%20Notes.pdf; and here is another one: http://livingwordnew...20Bible.doc.pdf. And here's from a Baptist guy: http://www.scionofzi..._every_book.htm. And another one: http://jesuslovessaj...k-of-bible.html. They are all so precious. (I'm polishing up my version as well :) )

Jesus Christ is our all in all and searching out the revealing of Him in the pages we read should be a most precious treasure.

TC Horton, in 1925 did this book of "The Wonderful Names of Our Wonderful Lord, Three Hundred and Sixty-Five Names and Titles of the Lord Jesus Christ as Found in the Old and New Testament" Moody Press adapted it and copyrighted their version in 1994, and Barbour Press printed the original and recopyrighted it in 2005. And you can buy it for $.01 plus $3.99 shipping on Amazon.com. It's pretty cool.

The works of researching His presence in our lives should be ongoing for each of us who desires that closer walk with Him and such work should be encouraged and not prevented by teachers. It would be a foolish math teacher who tried to limit his students' math knowledge to the scope of his class, and so a Bible teacher should always be mindful that students need to be kicked out of their little "nest" (and not chained to it).

Edited by Kit Sober

Kit, you double posted. Does that mean because you said it twice it is established? :anim-smile::biglaugh::rolleyes::eusa_clap::who_me::yawn1::doh:

Here's a few more links. We've discussed BG Leonard a lot over the years.

I can't find it now, but someone quoted from one of Leonard's books that sure

sounded as if Leonard clearly believed Jesus did not pre-exist before his birth.

And was scornful of the concept.

I can't find it now, but someone quoted from one of Leonard's books that sure

sounded as if Leonard clearly believed Jesus did not pre-exist before his birth.

And was scornful of the concept.

That would certainly fit with Wierwille's teaching of John 1:1 in PFAL. And, since we know that the source for much of what VPW taught in PFAL was BG Leonard, it only makes sense to deduce that Leonard's beliefs were along these lines, also.

Edited by waysider

I just have a question....Was BJ Leonard a trinitarian?

No. He wasn't a oneness pentecostal either from what I can tell. There is a statement of faith on the Christian Training site and it is vague. . . . but, if it is the same BG Leonard than no he was not a trinitarian.. :)

Kit I loved what you said:

When vp insulted these men who spoke for God, he was working to ensure that we would not hear "the originals." Truly, when he said "you should hear it in the original" he was telling the truth. Hearing Billy Graham was so comforting and inspiring because when he spoke he spoke from a trustworthy heart of integrity.

• 2 weeks later...

Jesus Christ – In Ephesians He is not only the believer's heavenly standing.

Earlier I noted that in my opinion vp's gross error of his rendition of "the Red Thread" of Jesus Christ was in that he tried to make it look like his version was the only true one, which is what cult leaders do. And it's not "You tell me what you think about Jesus Christ, and I'll tell you how far you're going to go spiritually." No one is accountable to vp or to anyone else. It's a matter personally between you and the Lord, but if you want to share your views, I'd love to read them.

Jesus Christ is so unlimited that He shows to each of us His face differently, and also throughout the Bible He is revealed to each of us a little differently according to how our snowflake brains are built. There have been many versions of this, and each of us could give man versions of our own because His face is so lovely and so everywhere. Sometime before 1925, TC Horton did "The wonderful names of my Wonderful Lord" 365 of them. This was republished and adapted and copyrighted in 1925 by Charles E Hurlburt and TC Horton. It's an unlimited subject matter.

Writing your own "Jesus Christ through the Bible is an astounding and humbling exercise.

Here is Oral Roberts' 1965, third printing 1977, compared to vp's. I am sure that if you check out other versions of this topic found on a simple Google search you will find vp's other "helps" if indeed he followed true to form and lived off the work of other people who truly walked in relationship with the Holy Spirit. Additionally, Oral Roberts' work includes a few paragraphs or a few pages for each Book of the Bible, showing how and why he offers his view of the Lord. I ran out of steam in putting vp's.

This was a liberating exercise for me because "The Red Thread" was a last vestige of my "way brain" arrogance.

Jesus Christ throughout the Bible: Oral Roberts compared to vp.

Oral Roberts, 1965 reprint 1977

Vp, a 1982(?)

In Genesis

OR: He is the seed of the woman

vp: Add "promised"

In Exodus

OR: He is the Passover Lamb

vp: Same

In Leviticus

OR: He is Our High Priest

vp: Changed "Our" to "the"

In Numbers

OR: He is the Pillar of Cloud by Day and the Pillar of Fire by Night

vp: He is the Star to Rise out of Jacob

In Deuteronomy

OR: He is the Prophet like unto Moses

vp: He is the two laws love God and love your neighbor

In Joshua

OR: He is the Captain of our Salvation

vp: "our Salvation" changed to "Lord of Hosts"

In Judges

OR: He is our Judge and Lawgiver

vp: He is the Covenant Angel named Wonderful

In Ruth

OR: He is our Kinsman-Redeemer

vp: "our" changed to "the"

In I & II Samual

OR: He is our Trusted Prophet

vp: He is the Root and Offspring of David

In Kings and Chronicles

OR: He is our Reigning King

In Kings

vp: He is the Greater than the Temple

In Chronicles

vp: He is the King's Son

In Ezra

OR: He is our Faithful Scribe

In Nehemiah

OR: He is the Rebuilder of broken walls of our shattered lives

In Ezra Nehemiah

vp: He is the Rebuilder

In Esther

OR: He is our Mordecai

vp: He is the Savior of God's people

In Job

OR: He is our ever-living Redeemer

vp: He is the Daysman

In Psalms

OR: He is the Lord our Shepherd

vp: He is the Song

In Proverbs and Ecclesiastes

OR: He is our Wisdom

In Proverbs

vp: He is the Wisdom of God

In Jeremiah and Lamentations

OR He is the Weeping Prophet

In Jeremiah

vp: He is Our Righteousness

In Lamentations

vp: He is the unbeliever's Judgment

In Ezekiel

OR: He is the Wonderful Four-Faced Man

vp: He is the True Shepherd

In Daniel

OR: He is the Fourth Man in the Fiery Furnace

vp: He is the Stone that became the Head of the Corner

In Hosea

OR: He is the Eternal Husband forever married to the Backslider.

In Joel

OR: He is the Baptizer in the Holy Spirit.

In Amos

OR: He is our Burden Bearer

vp: He is the Raiser of David's Tabernacle

In Obadiah

OR: He is our Savior

vp: He is the Deliverer on Mt Zion

In Jonah

OR: He is the Great Foreign Missionary

vp: He is our Salvation

In Micah

OR: He is the Messenger with Beautiful Feet

vp: He is the Lord of Kings

In Nahum

OR: He is our Avenger

vp: He is the Stronghold in times of trouble.

----------------------------------

Only Oral Roberts, except for Revelations, below.

In Habakkuk He is the Evangelist pleading for a Revival

In Zephaniah He is the Lord Mighty to Save

In Haggai He is the Restorer of the Lost Heritage

In Zechariah He is the fountain opened to the House of David for sin and uncleanness

In Malachi He is the Sun of Righteousness rising with healing in His Wings

In Matthew He is the Messiah

In Mark He is the Wonder-Worker

In Luke He is the Son of Man

In John He is the Son of God

In Acts He is the Holy Spirit moving and working among men

In Romans He is the Justifer

In I and II Corinthians He is the Sanctifier

In Galatians He is the Redeemer from the curse of the Law

In Ephesians He is the Christ of Unsearchable Riches

In Philippians He is the God Who supplieth all our need

In Colossians He is the fullness of the Godhead Bodily

In I and II Thessalonians Our soon coming King

In I and II Timothy He is the Mediator between God and Man

In Titus He is the Faithful Pastor

In Philemon He is the Friend of the Oppressed

In Hebrews He is the Blood of the Everlasting Covenant

In James He is the Lord Who raiseth the sick

In I and II Peter He is the Chief Shepherd Who soon shall appear

In I, II, and III John He is Love

In Jude He is the Lord coming with Ten Thousands of His Saints

-------------------------------------

In Revelations

OR: He is our King of Kings and Lord of Lords

vp: Changed "our" to "the"

-------------------------

Oral Roberts' book, following all this, then has, "Jesus Christ is. . .Abel's Sacrifice, Noah's Rainbow, Abraham's Lamb, Isaac's Well, Jacob's Ladder, Ezekiel's Burden, Judah's Scepter, Moses' Rod, David's Slingshot, Hezekiah's Sundial. Jesus Christ is a Husband to the Widow, a Father to the Orphan. To those traveling in the dark night, He is the Bright and Morning Star. To those in the lonesome valley, He is the Lily of the Valley, the Rose of Sharon, Honey in the Rock, and the Staff of Life. . . "

There is much more in Oral Roberts' book, but you can get the drift. Oral Roberts' work flowed from his relationship with the Holy Spirit and is filled with yearning to see others know the Lord and His redeeming kindness.

I put this in a Table but table formatting got lost.

Edited by Kit Sober

i wonder if vp ever thought about an alternate career......being an echo in a cave.

i wonder if vp ever thought about an alternate career......being an echo in a cave.

Edited by T-Bone

Oh, wow, heavy deja vu.

SoCrates

you made me recall vp's definition of an apostle in PFAL, something along the lines of ...."an apostle - one who sheds new light - it may be old light but it's new to the generation he speaks"....

...now by using my TWI-light Secret Decoder Ring to decipher that it yields the following translation, which in my opinion puts a relevant twist on your phrase: "heavy plagia-ruse"

Edited by T-Bone

you made me recall vp's definition of an apostle in PFAL, something along the lines of ...."an apostle - one who sheds new light - it may be old light but it's new to the generation he speaks"....

...now by using my TWI-light Secret Decoder Ring to decipher that it yields the following translation, which in my opinion puts a relevant twist on your phrase: "heavy plagia-ruse"

Hmm...my ring just says, "Eat your familia and shut up."

Hmm...my ring just says, "Eat your familia and shut up."

silly, you've got your decoder ring set in the Advanced Class Mode - that's familia spirit !

got it?!?!

it's "eat your familia spirit and shut the trap door" for cryin' out loud