GreaseSpot Cafe

Looking for Helen Sudduth

pausonne

I haven't had the chance to dig through all the posts on here so I hope I'm not starting a duplicate of something else but, does anyone know how I might contact Helen Parker Sudduth? I understand she was the one who wrote a couple of my favorite songs from the days of Joyful Noise, "Reason To Be Breathing" and "Right Now" and I have done big band arrangements of both of them and I want to be sure and give proper credit. I checked Cortright Fellowship's pages but that e-mail on there isn't any good now. Hope someone can help me out here! My name is Keith Gardner, and I live in Georgia, just for anyone who might be concerned. If someone knows how to contact her but doesn't want to post her e-mail on an open site, please forward mine to her. pausonne@bellsouth.net

Thanks and God bless

No, I was never corps but my brother Jeff and his wife were on staff at HQ for nearly 25 years. He worked in the computer department, among other things and Missy was in the Way Magazine department, I think. Recently she sang in "Singing Ladies of the Way." She just died of cancer here a month or so ago.

In any case, thanks for the info, I may try that. My first attempt was Dean Ellenwood who didn't know for sure where she lived. So, I'll keep trying. God bless!!

Edited by pausonne

Well, I guess perhaps that e-mail for Ted is old and/or he no longer monitors it. Anyone have any different contacts that might help? I've tried to contact Brian Bliss at servant-leader@aol, I think was the address I was given and that got no response though it didn't come back as no good, I tried Dean Ellenwood and he didn't know how to contact her, I tried Cliff Adelman but the address I had for him was no longer good. I really want to be able to use this music and to give proper credit but, I might not be able to unless I can find out who actually wrote them and who currently holds copyright. I may have to go "official" and try to find any applicable copyright laws under these circumstances.

Edited by pausonne

Yeah Pausonne. As a matter of fact, you'll find him posting on the "Sing Along the Way" thread under the "About the Way" forum. I too would like to express my condolences for your loss.

Thanks, "Broken Arrow," for your condolences. The thing I really have a concern with, however, is how my brother will do after working so long with TWI and being so close to retirement age. I know TWI isn't famous for its...uh...generosity.....

Thanks, "Broken Arrow," for your condolences. The thing I really have a concern with, however, is how my brother will do after working so long with TWI and being so close to retirement age. I know TWI isn't famous for its...uh...generosity.....

Keith,

Ken Sudduth is on facebook. Have you tried to reach him there?

(I had misspelled his name)

Edited by Rocky

quote: keith gardner i feel like i remember you and your wife. were you in the 11th or possibly 10th

There was a Keith Hinegarner in the 10th WC. His wife's name is Donna. BTW thanks for the info you gave me about David Hogshead; I called him and he was very nice.

Possibly moot now, but I met Cliff Adelman not quite 2 years ago. He gave me this...

cliff@adelman.com - He repairs instruments now so it might be a business, but if it's still good you should be able to contact him.

Wow, thanks for the recent replies and recommendations! I'll definitely give all them a shot. I used to be on facebook months ago but....I don't know...it just got to be really superficial and I closed my page. Maybe I'll have to go back and just use it to keep up with a few folks I really miss.

"Possibly moot now, but I met Cliff Adelman not quite 2 years ago. He gave me this...

cliff@adelman.com - He repairs instruments now so it might be a business, but if it's still good you should be able to contact him."

Well, "Sam-I-am" whoops "john-I-am" Hahaha, that address for Cliff came back as not valid any more. Thanks for the effort, though, I do appreciate it. I'll still keep looking. I have already decided to record the music for my own use and the use of the band I play in but, obviously I can't yet for any kind of commercial use. Hope to be able to contact someone soon with all the right info! God bless all of you for your thoughts and advice.

Edited by pausonne