GreaseSpot Cafe

When you left, what did you find?

Ham

Regained my sanity. Leah Remini's series on A&E and reading Charlene's 1st chapter from Undertow has truely spiritually renewed my mind to adult maturity, not TWI's perverted "Renewed Mind". Thank God I never had screaming matches with Wierwille, Geer, or Martindale, or all 3 would be dead and I would be in prison for life with no parole. Yes, formerly I could give back what they would put out, and they would have been bullied by me. Of course I no longer am that angry.

I found - abject misery.  I was committed to TWI, they weren't committed to me, and threw me out with max ignominy and slander.  Lost everything - everything that I hadn't given up previously, to follow the dictates of TWI.

What did I find?  After 10 years, I found GreaseSpot Cafe.  And then - I found out about the lies, deception, ill-treatment, and that the way I'd been treated was nothing to do with me or anything I'd done - it was merely the modus operandi of TWI.

And then what did I find?  I found healing, peace of mind.   Joy in life.  Hard times, but I could thrive in them.  Great friends, some of whom had "been there" all the time for me.  Restored relationships.  People who were kind and gentle, and truly loving.  Freedom to love and serve.  No condemnation.

Daily, I find something of the years that the locust had destroyed, being restored to me.

• Upvote 5

46 minutes ago, Twinky said:

I found - abject misery.  I was committed to TWI, they weren't committed to me, and threw me out with max ignominy and slander.  Lost everything - everything that I hadn't given up previously, to follow the dictates of TWI.

What did I find?  After 10 years, I found GreaseSpot Cafe.  And then - I found out about the lies, deception, ill-treatment, and that the way I'd been treated was nothing to do with me or anything I'd done - it was merely the modus operandi of TWI.

And then what did I find?  I found healing, peace of mind.   Joy in life.  Hard times, but I could thrive in them.  Great friends, some of whom had "been there" all the time for me.  Restored relationships.  People who were kind and gentle, and truly loving.  Freedom to love and serve.  No condemnation.

Daily, I find something of the years that the locust had destroyed, being restored to me.

TRUTH shall set you free! Great post Twinky.

• Upvote 1

I found out ("finally !!!!!" - says Tonto) that my wife and kids are the most important "thing" in my life.

I found Grease Spot and great folks to think out loud with (Xcuze the bad gram-mer).

Edited by T-Bone
sorry to use "thing" for my family - - couldn't think of another word
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, shazdancer said:

I found the parts of me that were vulnerable to falling into abusive relationships, and the parts of me I wanted to keep. Sometimes they are the same thing. But at least now I can forgive myself and move on from abuse, instead of endlessly trying to "believe better."

That's heavy.  Still working on this.

• 4 months later...
On 1/12/2017 at 3:40 AM, Twinky said:

I found my family; they love me for myself!  I found a wonderful way of life; who knew that life could be this good??!!

On 9/11/2011 at 8:36 AM, frank123lol said:

Not being hassled anymore,Instead of going to Ohio all the time,I go

where the hell I want to.Having money because it's not going to a cult.

Jesus Christ is still the way,not some backward cult.

Having friends that are my friends,because of me,not because of "the ministry".

I found a far better way of life that allows me to do what is important to me!