GreaseSpot Cafe

Anniversary

OldSkool

Can someone tell me how the way international reckons it's anniversary? Is it from the 1942 promise?

Twi dates its anniversary in accordance with the first broadcast of Vesper Chimes....October 3, 1942.

Hypocrisy aside, wierwille should have dated twi's actual anniversary date as August 7, 1957......that is the official date that wierwille resigned from the St. Peter's Evangelical and Reformed Church in Van Wert, OH and started out on his own.

Twi dates its anniversary in accordance with the first broadcast of Vesper Chimes....October 3, 1942.

Hypocrisy aside, wierwille should have dated twi's actual anniversary date as August 7, 1957......that is the official date that wierwille resigned from the St. Peter's Evangelical and Reformed Church in Van Wert, OH and started out on his own.

Thanks! I agree and that would be honest but who would expect honesty from the way international.

Maybe Jason, Grant, and Tango need to Ghost Hunt TWI HQ, especially the Fountains of Living Waters, and Tick's old doghouse, plus the House of Anubis, oops meant His Healing Presence(other is a Nickelodeon Teenager "Mystery"/suspense series)

Yeah......and wierwille got married at the age of nine.

At school, he sat near a girl at lunchtime.....and knew that someday he'd get married.

There was an unseasonable snowfall... or maybe it was dandruff, and the voice of Gawd told him he would be married as no one has been married since the first century!

Love,

Steve

Yeah......and wierwille got married at the age of nine.

At school, he sat near a girl at lunchtime.....and knew that someday he'd get married.

For those who might not catch my tongue-in-cheek comment......

.....thinking about someday being married does not constitute the beginning of marriage vows

1) wierwille was a full-time pastor in Paine, OH in 1942

2) a few kids singing into a microphone does not constitute the anniversary date of twi

3) that's like saying Disneyland officially opened with Walt's unfolding idea of Mickey Mouse

Edited by skyrider

For those who might not catch my tongue-in-cheek comment......

1) wierwille was a full-time pastor in Paine, OH in 1942

2) thinking about someday being married does not constitute the beginning of marriage vows

3) a few kids singing into a microphone does not constitute the anniversary date of twi

4) that's like saying Disneyland officially opened with Walt's unfolding idea of Mickey Mouse

And just to be sure. Check my source:

Ohio Secretary of State

• The Chimes Hour Youth Caravan, Incorporated did not exist until 10/30/1947
  • They then on 10/24/1955 changed their name to The Way, Inc.
  • It wasn't until 06/26/1974 that they actually used the name the way international

So at best, and I will concede this one point before I continue, they did not come into existence until 10/30/1947. With that said:

In 1947 their purpose for existence from their own articles of incorporation stated:

"For the furtherance of the Gospel of Jesus Christ by radio, or personal appearance."

This was changed in 1955 to:

"For the furtherance of the Gospel of Jesus Christ by radio, or personal appearance, television, the printed page and all things incident thereto; the receiving, holding and distributing of gifts, bequests, and funds arising from all sources, owning and maintaining suitable real estate and buildings and doing any and all things incident to any thereof; the ability to license and ordain ministers of the Gospel and send forth such qualified men and women to foreign fields, and to support, receive and establish real estate and properties incident thereto according to the particular, county or land; to establish, maintain and conduct camps, institutions of learning for the purpose of efficient instruction in the Gospel of Jesus Christ promoting biblical education in all departments of learning and knowledge and especially in those branches pertinent thereto and acquiring and holding for said purposes, money, real estate and other property necessary or proper to carry out such said objectives to the accomplishment of aforesaid purposes"

Whew....looks like Victor hired a lawyer. So notwithstanding all the legalese, I am willing to concede that at best the purpose of "Biblical research, teaching, and fellowship" was not their purpose until 1955. Even though education and research are not synonymous. I sure see a lot of justification for holding property and money with stated right to do whatever needs to be done their property; and whatever needs to be done with their money as their purpose. And of course to send people out and ordain. And of course to conduct camps.

All of this to ask the question. Where did the idea/slogan that the way international is a "Biblical research, teaching, and fellowship ministry come to play? Surely it was an afterthought.

And the fact that they celebrate their anniversary each year the first Sunday in October at the prevailing word auditorium to celebrate xx number of years of biblical research, teaching, and fellowship goes to show the deceit the way uses to appear legitimate and to cover the fact the Victor Paul Wierwille was a full time pastor in Paine, Ohio in 1942! Talk about moonlighting!

Their own website says in the About Us section:

Since 1942, our ministry has provided Biblical research that is being used throughout the world today to get back to the God-breathed original.

To which I reply "You are lying." In 1942 you provided radio or personal appearances. It wasn't until 1955 that you stated anything even remotely similar as your purpose of existence, and furthermore you did not officially exist in any form until 1947. So you are lying about being "founded in 1942" as your website states.

Enough babbling and I hope this isn't too boring. After years of having the slightest error I made reproved harshly, after years of being told how IMPORTANT details are, I find their hypocrisy sickening.

Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.

All of this to ask the question. Where did the idea/slogan that the way international is a "Biblical research, teaching, and fellowship ministry come to play? Surely it was an afterthought.

The answer to that question of WHERE...........BG Leonard

Mrs. W's book gives explicit details of the impact Rev. Leonard had on wierwille. With this class-based model, everything that wierwille had previously considered pivoted to a new "center of learning" (BRC?)......like Leonard's centre in Canada.

Here's an interesting quote from Mrs. W's book p.89..."After thirteen weeks of broadcasting on WLW, Cincinnati, the Nielsen ratings taken in April 1953 showed that seventy thousand homes were tuned in to our broadcast on Sundays. But since adequate funds were not coming in to cover the expenses and since we were thinking of changing our direction of outreach, the Board of Directors decided to cancel the broadcast and renew our contract with WLW at some future date if and when it seemed appropriate"

See....with these broadcasts the money support was running dry, and the sanitized version (dorothy/karen/twi) presents a whole new set of "avenues to move the word"....IN 1953........DRUM ROLL...........P. 90 ++..............CLASSES, CLASSES, CLASSES.

Mrs. W's book gives explicit details of the impact Rev. Leonard had on wierwille. With this class-based model, everything that wierwille had previously considered pivoted to a new "center of learning" (BRC?)......like Leonard's centre in Canada.

Two things. First, whenever folks like Rev. Leonard are mentioned in present day TWI it is almost always as if God brought these people to Wierwille to teach him the greatness of gawd's word like it had not been known since the first century. Not that Wierwille stumbled on this person, learned from him, stole his material, or whatever.

Second. It seems it took Wierwille a couple years to rip off Leonard, get his bearings, and finally get around to change his articles of incorporation to match his new direction. And am I to understand he was still getting paid full time during this time for his pastorate?

Edited by OldSkool

Two things. First, whenever folks like Rev. Leonard are mentioned in present day TWI it is almost always as if God brought these people to Wierwille to teach him the greatness of gawd's word like it had not been known since the first century. Not that Wierwille stumbled on this person, learned from him, stole his material, or whatever.

Second. It seems it took Wierwille a couple years to rip off Leonard, get his bearings, and finally get around to change his articles of incorporation to match his new direction. And am I to understand he was still getting paid full time during this time for his pastorate?

1) Yeah......of course, 'present day TWI' views it THAT way. That's how propaganda works. That's the humming of twi-machinery in the background of wayworld....as the printing presses roll on. Wierwille was #1 on the lift list (early '80s) -- the first recipient of our prayers each morning. In his narcissistic world....even the Lord jumped hoops to bring these men in wierwille's path. Wierwille's 'believing' made it so.

2) Mrs. Wierwille's book gives enough details to dispel the 'wierwille did it all' mystique of twi lore. And, in following the timeline of events....wierwille was still on church payroll for 4 MORE YEARS after sitting thru BG's class twice and then, running with it. Wierwille's resignation on August 7, 1957 was received by unanimous vote....so, what does that tell you? Hahahaha Keep in mind, that when wierwille boasted about Ros@lind R1nker in pfal....and Dr. EE H1ggins (who gave wierwille a copy of Dr. Bullinger's companion bible).....BOTH LADIES SPLIT. After reading Bullinger and adding more 'research' to this holy spirit class.....wierwille changed the name after the fourth or fifth class to 'Power for Abundant Living.' Gotta put some distance between him and Leonard....ya know.

With each passing year from the mesmerizing mythology of mogdom......it becomes easier to see how twi polished wierwille's image and put him on a pedestal. Yet, none of this rings true. BG Leonard was deeply disturbed by wierwille's plagairism of Leonard's class, and Leonard had his work copyrighted thereafter. The Van Wert church removed wierwille's name from their clergy registry. The neighbors across Wierwille Road were not even on talking terms with wierwille. Wierwille bristled temperments in profound ways.

Edited by skyrider

when wierwille boasted about Ros@lind R1nker in pfal....and Dr. EE H1ggins (who gave wierwille a copy of Dr. Bullinger's companion bible).....BOTH LADIES SPLIT. .

For a long time I've wondered why they left...

After recently reading the Wonderland thread, it sounds like there was some sort of (ahem) romantic involvement between those women and VP... Do you think that is possible?

anything is possible but since VP, Dorothea, RR and EEH are all dead, I am afraid we will never know(unless Rinker or Higgins have living relatives).

I have long believed that both of these women sat thru a wierwille/bible class and moved on....

.....with barely an interest of further involvement in this preachers' struggle of spiritual relevance.

Remember....RR was the one who convinced wierwille that 'the word of God is the will of God.' So why should

she follow him? Heck, she probably didn't even consider him a peer......let alone any teacher of sorts. She

taught HIM.....and, perhaps, the Lord had other work for her to do.

Same with EEHggns.....a doctor, busy life, had already searched Bullinger, did she see vpw as a novice?

Yeah, I think she did. She was the one who, according to vpw, was half asleep in the class.

To me....this is easy to figure out. Youth are gullible and adults are smarter. These adult women moved on! :doh:

Roslaind Rinker (I assume this is the same one can be found here)

Rosalind Rinker

I think this quote from her is VERY telling considering she knew Victor when he was getting started.

“I am exceedingly wary of just anyone coming to me announcing that he or she has the word or will of God for my situation.Manipulation of the sacred words "the Will of the Lord" is frequently preached without insight to know the danger that exists. ...It is the Holy Spirit within who brings trust and peace and ability to discern. God can give to each one of us the discernment to know the difference between manipulation for power and concern because of love.”

Roslaind Rinker (I assume this is the same one can be found here)

Rosalind Rinker

Thanks OldSkool.....appreciate it.

Just as I thought....she scarcely took notice of her impact on wierwille's life.

She had her sights far above the petty class-ideology that wierwille was building.

Again, it just shows how insignificant wierwille/twi was to true Christian service.

An amazing woman. An amazing life.

seems to be a Way offshoot site but can't find the webmaster. site is called Until Then. mentions Kenyon, Wierwille, and Cummins.