GreaseSpot Cafe

TV Show Mash-Up

bfh

Apparently, a preacher named Jim Brown said that the theme song when heard in reverse played "satanic messages". When played backwards it would say "Someone sung this song for Satan", and the source is Satan" would be audible.

The stars double was a dead on look a-like except for a spot on his forehead that was covered up with make up whenever he was used as a stand in.

The title character [hence, also the name of the show] would only take cues from a guy who was once trained under American Cowboy and humorist Will Rogers.

Our star played a skilled trouble maker and loved to play practical jokes while on the telephone. He once started trouble with a young Clint Eastwood.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One of the title characters is only two years older than the actress who played her daughter, which only makes sense if you bear in mind the filming schedule for the younger actress.

In an unusual cliffhanger, seasons 2 and 3 are separated within a single word uttered by a starring (not title) character. He starts saying the word at the end of season 2 and finishes it at the beginning of season 3.

Yeah. That's why the final episode was one of its most watched. But ok.

Yes, the mother was not seen until the last moments of the last episode of season 8. The scenes with the daughter had all been filmed 7-8 years earlier. By the time the mother was cast, the daughter was nearly the same age as the actress playing the mother.

Yeah. That's why the final episode was one of its most watched. But ok.

Yes, the mother was not seen until the last moments of the last episode of season 8. The scenes with the daughter had all been filmed 7-8 years earlier. By the time the mother was cast, the daughter was nearly the same age as the actress playing the mother.

Sorry. I was under the impression it was not a new show when I saw episodes.

And what I read made it sound like the finale was received with near apathy,

especially once the ending was revealed. It sounded like the audience would

be disinterested in seeing it air ever again.

That would be Murphy Brown

Yes, of course.

Every single episode, in some seasons, introduced ANOTHER receptionist with their own little quirk.

The payoff was seasons later.

Scott Bakula's character is bowling with the FYI team, and chatting.

"What? No, seriously-Murphy's had a lot of secretaries?"

I channel-surfed, caught that, and went into hysterics.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The star of this show was the progeny of another TV icon.

In the first season opening credits, the star walks through Times Square and sees several Broadway marquees: "Philadelphia, Here I Come!"; "Cabaret"; and "The Star-Spangled Girl." The three shows never actually ran at the same time. "Philadelphia, Here I Come!" closed on 1 October 1966, while "Cabaret" opened on 20 December 1966 and Neil Simon's "The Star-Spangled Girl" opened on 21 December 1966.

The train in the opening sequence of the series was shot at Secaucus Junction, in Secaucus, NJ. It was filmed out of the back of the train as it headed northwest, then the film was reversed, making it appear to be heading towards Newark. That is why traffic on the New Jersey Turnpike (running parallel to the right, with Laurel Hill in the background) is moving backwards.

George

The star of this show was the progeny of another TV icon.

In the first season opening credits, the star walks through Times Square and sees several Broadway marquees: "Philadelphia, Here I Come!"; "Cabaret"; and "The Star-Spangled Girl." The three shows never actually ran at the same time. "Philadelphia, Here I Come!" closed on 1 October 1966, while "Cabaret" opened on 20 December 1966 and Neil Simon's "The Star-Spangled Girl" opened on 21 December 1966.

The train in the opening sequence of the series was shot at Secaucus Junction, in Secaucus, NJ. It was filmed out of the back of the train as it headed northwest, then the film was reversed, making it appear to be heading towards Newark. That is why traffic on the New Jersey Turnpike (running parallel to the right, with Laurel Hill in the background) is moving backwards.

George

Is this "That Girl", and Marla Thomas daughter of Danny Thomas?