GreaseSpot Cafe

The fortune teller at the van wert fair?

Ham

Very astute observation. In fact, in the Advanced Class, VP went so far as to tell us we could NOT do what he had done in directing God to break the rules of revelation. That privilege was reserved for him because (Insert implied reference to himself as the MOG here.).

Thanks. And remember that God is no respecter of persons, that is unless you have been appointed the MOGFODAT, in which case everything is one big exception.

Really, that man was a crackpot.

Please don't be. Quotations from one of my favorite movies are forced to the surface..

I can be at least as sorry as you..

gaaaaa.. there I go again..

:biglaugh:

why does this stuff play so in my head..

maybe we are all equally disturbed.. who knows.

You know.. the fortune teller at the Van Wert fair was probably a very nice person..

What happened to "free will" in all this? (I personally believe the story is fictional).... but here we have an example of Wierwille trying to get someone to conform to his wishes rather than allowing them to practice a lifestyle they probably chose via freewill.....literally *my Way or the highway*.

Edited by waysider

What I would like to know.. anybody here actually witness the *event*?

A fire-breathing sonofabitch circling around my tent might motivate me to relocate as well..

what was the big deal..

a 24 hour prayer vigil, around the "possessed".. seeking mercies from the Almighty to slay, or at the minimum "bother" communications with the departed.. or something?

Loud prayers trying to cast spirits out..

or something of the sort?

Just wonder.

Supposing the incident really happened....Whatever became of "delivering" people, preaching the gospel, having an enlightening, two way conversation, considering the other person's viewpoint?....Nope, we'll have none of that..... Eve dared to "consider" another viewpoint and look what happened to her.

I've had such a god a few times..

small "g" intended.

dueling exorcists was one of those times..

but I could play the game as well as another could..

"out, thou fiendish, unsquirrelish spirit, of sorts.."

hey, what can I say. I am happy, generally speaking..

It seems to me a recurring theme with Wierwille's stories is God made the exceptions for him only.

In fact, this is the underlying message to the vast majority of TWI's leadership training - God has a caste system. If you are on the low end of the totem pole - chair stringing, babysitting for higher ups for free, cleaning their house for free, no school, no money, no health care beyond welfare. However, if you are on the upper end of the system, you can drink Drambuie, have sex with untold number of women, smoke like a chimney, fly your personal plane around, and bet on horses at the state fair to learn about revelation.

This is the reality of how the people act in TWI. Of course if you would dare to suggest that is the case, they would sluff it off, say it's lies, etc. However, just about any independant 3rd party observer could easily document it. One example of such is John Juedes.

When Jesus Christ comes back TWI leaders are going to get the shock of all ages learning that Jesus really meant what he said that God is no respecter of persons, and that they will be judged how they have judged others. Bunch of overly entitled buffoons if you ask me, and whether it is masked in stupid Okie, or condescending Southern Belle, it all is the same horse puckey.

Edited by chockfull

In fact, this is the underlying message to the vast majority of TWI's leadership training - God has a caste system. If you are on the low end of the totem pole - chair stringing, babysitting for higher ups for free, cleaning their house for free, no school, no money, no health care beyond welfare. However, if you are on the upper end of the system, you can drink Drambuie, have sex with untold number of women, smoke like a chimney, fly your personal plane around, and bet on horses at the state fair to learn about revelation.

This is the reality of how the people act in TWI. Of course if you would dare to suggest that is the case, they would sluff it off, say it's lies, etc. However, just about any independant 3rd party observer could easily document it. One example of such is John Juedes.

When Jesus Christ comes back TWI leaders are going to get the shock of all ages learning that Jesus really meant what he said that God is no respecter of persons, and that they will be judged how they have judged others. Bunch of overly entitled buffoons if you ask me, and whether it is masked in stupid Okie, or condescending Southern Belle, it all is the same horse puckey.

:eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

Wierwille's narcissism fed his structuring twi as a caste system. The more one studies twi's systematizing of errors....the more one sees that the whole shebang was ungodly from the get-go. A bunch of self-centered elitism at the top desiring to have fawning followers and slave labor.....a lifetime.

Yeah....when JC comes back and they get the shock of all ages. Yeppers. And, ummmm......the lowly shepherds, NOT the religious leaders in Judea, were "invited" by the angels to witness the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, the King of the Judeans.

Twi hq is a den of false teachers.

Excie,

when everything goes to hell in a handbasket, I find these words very comforting.

Behold , the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. 4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away . 5 And he that sat upon the throne said , Behold , I make all things new.

Rev 21:3b to 5a