GreaseSpot Cafe

The fortune teller at the van wert fair?

Ham

from Skyrider on another thread..

and, on page 93, the previous page before Cliffe is the infamous account in pfal of the fortune-teller at the Van Wert County Fair.

How come I never heard of this? Was it at an old advanced class or something?

Anybody know any details?

did herr victoid emcamp himself about the tent..

Loudly claiming "victory* in jesus' name over da spirits of one so possessed?

Was it a case where he was just so obnoxious that any reasonable (unpossessed) person would RUN in the other direction?

:biglaugh:

I had a similar experience once, but I did not run off. I just started "casting spirits" out of the insane religious nutcase trying to do the same thing to me..

I don't remember where I heard it but it must have been before it was detailed in the book because I remember going to the county fair in the early 1970s and trying to do the same thing to some Bha'i's who had a booth there. We also tried to see if they had black or white hearts. :redface:

Edited by waysider

How come I never heard of this? Was it at an old advanced class or something?

Anybody know any details?

Ham......yeah, the old advanced class if I remember correctly.

Of course, wierwille played it up with some fanfare and stuff.....some hookeypookism stuff.

Not that big of deal in Mrs. W's book....p.93

"Again at Van Wert, Dr. wierwille observed: 'A fortune-teller at the Van Wert County Fair had set up her tent

for business in an area near our Christian bookstore sales booth. She said that she was not able to 'get her

connection' with us aound, so she soon moved out of our vicinity.'

Ever since we owned the Van Wert Gospel Gift Shop, we would close the store in town during fair week and set up

a booth at the fairgrounds. That's how Dr. Wierwille was so close to the racetrack during the horse races and

also near to the fortune-teller, until she voluntarily moved her business."

[Picture of Gospel Gift Shop booth inserted in book]

Just out of curiosity. What was your first impression? My first impression of some wiccans.. I couldn't label them as evil.

I never saw any hearts...black OR white. Same thing with ministering. Put your hand on their shoulder and.....nuttin' Oh, wait, my leg hurts. Yeah, that's it. "God, thank you for healing their Polio, right now...." Uh Huh.

Some more history that I missed.

You folks with VPW surely have some interesting tales to tell.

Those of us who suffered under LCM can simply tell of his yell-fests. Mind you, he did say some wacky things at times.

hmm, so Wierwille set up the booth near the horse race track. wonder if he used word of knowledge for placing bets? :biglaugh::smilie_kool_aid:

hmm, so Wierwille set up the booth near the horse race track. wonder if he used word of knowledge for placing bets? :biglaugh::smilie_kool_aid:

HE DID..........wierwille shared this with us in the early advanced classes.

And.....it's in Mrs. W's book. You guessed it.....same page, p.93

"Relating an incident closer to home, Dr. Wierwille shared: 'At the Van Wert County Fair I would stand

by the racetrack and ask God which horse would win, and He would show me.' Dr. Wierwille warned however:

'DON'T TRY THIS STUFF: This is not the way revelation normally works.' But this is how God showed

Dr. Wierwille so that he could better teach us."

Don't know about vpw's betting.....but he did, supposedly, pick which horse would win.

Edited by skyrider

vewy vewy interesting..

why pick a *revelation* that was not exactly documentable? I mean.. if he could have shown some record of a run of twenty or so winning tickets, it might be a TAD more believable..

"don't try this at home, kids.."

maybe he got the names of the winners from the fortune-teller..

Isn't that the gist of everything he supposedly did? No way to prove or disprove...how convenient.

yep......the guy was sole proprietor of a "convenience" store. :anim-smile:

black heart/ white heart......which horse wins......fortune-teller leaves.......jubbalpor man lifts arm

......prayed for fire-engine red curtains.......insurance man never cracked up his car after believing positively

......black snowstorm & snow-covered gas pumps.......couldn't-leave-tulsa snowstorm.....etc. etc.

Ridiculous "revelation" ramblings.......WHAT A JOKE

And then there was the grand daddy of them all (IMO), when in Christian Family and Sex, he claimed that God revealed to him the true nature of the original sin but he had no scripture to prove it.... soooooo, we would "just have to trust me (him) on this."

Your sarcastic negativity just killed him. Shame on you.

Didn't the traveling salesman get killed in that Tulsa snowstorm right after his wife

bought red drapes and her little Johnny ran to the end of the driveway raising his arm

to wave good-bye.....or something like that?

<_<

Didn't the traveling salesman get killed in that Tulsa snowstorm right after his wife

bought red drapes and her little Johnny ran to the end of the driveway raising his arm

to wave good-bye.....or something like that?

<_<

Yes, that's exactly what happened. (You'll just have to trust me on this.)

I'm sorry if I have offended you, friend..

maybe that is the way I survive.. I dunno.

everything isn't really always damned funny to me. But there are times.. I've laughed the devil to his face, even when he held all of the advantage, or all the cards..

sowy. I'm just plain nuts at.. or at the most of the time..

:)

where do we go from here..

EX, I also did not mean to offend you but this topic is so stupid about Wierwille and his smugness about spiritual things, yet he was so clueless about God, Jesus, etc. He just loved to brag and was a show-off, plus he was a bully behind closed doors. Yet it is funny that he used"revelation" to pick horses and proably also used the fortune teller to get rich. very ironic and contradictory :biglaugh: the words get rich should not be redlined.

Edited by Thomas Loy Bumgarner

It seems to me a recurring theme with Wierwille's stories is God made the exceptions for him only. God would never do the same exceptions for one of us plebes because Wierwille was here to teach us better.

Race tracks and winning horses notwithstanding, why can't I go to the track and have God tell me the winner so I can learn word of wisdom? Oh, that's right our dear leader was afforded a special relationship with God so our dear leader could teach us so we don't have to go through what he did. :smilie_kool_aid:

It seems to me a recurring theme with Wierwille's stories is God made the exceptions for him only. God would never do the same exceptions for one of us plebes because Wierwille was here to teach us better.

Race tracks and winning horses notwithstanding, why can't I go to the track and have God tell me the winner so I can learn word of wisdom? Oh, that's right our dear leader was afforded a special relationship with God so our dear leader could teach us so we don't have to go through what he did. :smilie_kool_aid:

Very astute observation. In fact, in the Advanced Class, VP went so far as to tell us we could NOT do what he had done in directing God to break the rules of revelation. That privilege was reserved for him because (Insert implied reference to himself as the MOG here.).