GreaseSpot Cafe

VPW: spinning in his grave

skyrider

On May 20, 1985 wierwille died.....27 years ago, today.

Wierwille chose martindale as his successor. Martindale's sexual predation and out-of-court settlements were catalysts of his ouster.

Wierwille sent geer to oversee Gartmore and Europe. That, too, came crashing down and geer set up a MLM franchise enterprise.

Wierwille's beloved men, walter & johnny, no longer stand with twi....splintering out amongst the splinters.

Rosalie and Donna run the show, Mr. Wierwille.

Two divorced women are pulling the levers of control.

And, "sunday teachers" READ the pre-approved sermons to a mostly-empty auditorium.

And, your corps indoctrination program is so dismal that twi hides their numbers from view.

Oh,.....and the internet, mr. wierwille, has exposed YOU ---- plagairism, sexual predation, lying, drunkenness, etc.

Even Mrs. W's book exposes how thrilled you were to take Rev. BG Leonard's class (twice) and then, teach it to others.

And, from Stiles and Bullinger you patched together more scriptures to "distance" yourself from Leonard's class.

And, Albert Cliffe's occult doctrine and sway help you to formulate and intermesh "the law of believing" into your work.

You see, mr. wierwille......you wished you were a man of elevated stature, but WE NOW KNOW WHO YOU REALLY WERE.

Some might joke that if you knew all of this.....you'd be SPINNING IN YOUR GRAVE.

hey wierwille i was an old lady when you kicked the bucket -- 28 years old

but when you got me on the coach i was young

as you spin, watch out you don't lose that other eye

oh yeah, women should keep their place, no? what do you think about rosie and donnie (not referring to your son)

hey, HQ needs him spinning to run the fountain and all electricity there :biglaugh: I think Dorethea/Dotsie is buried next to him

Edited by Thomas Loy Bumgarner

Wierdwille is spinning in his grave, while RosaLIE and company are busy spinning stories about what a great man of God he was. Mostly reiterating his regurgitated BS he used back in the day. Now that Martindale has been erased from the halls, the spin machine is in full effect on ole VPW.

Wierwille couldn't have cared less what happened to TWI when he was gone.

He put the family farm in the name of TWI, so all the improvements could be paid for by the organization, and he would pay no taxes for it. It didn't matter that his children would never inherit it.

His Board of Trustees was made up of the minimum number of people it takes to be a nonprofit (3), making the Board easier to control. He didn't want strategically-placed individuals, mighty in the Scriptures, or even lawyers or accountants, like most nonprofits. He wanted yes-men who would let him do what he wanted.

When it was time to "pass the mantle," this leader who proclaimed the importance of the ground-breaking research he was doing didn't choose the much-respected head of the Research Department to succeed him. Instead, he set up the two biggest tushy-kissers, one in Europe and one at home. Craig was his mistake, because Craig couldn't wait to grab the throne and minimize Wierwille's influence while he was still alive. So Wierwille turned to Gartmore for adulation.

When he was alive, he drank, overspent, used, and screwed his way through as much money and humanity as he could. He almost lost the whole thing when he forgot that one of the few things he shouldn't do as a nonprofit was endorse a political candidate. But he could promote or discredit just enough people that his indiscretions were never revealed to the believers at large. It took the Internet to do that.

• Upvote 2

From '73, I spent a lot of Sundays at HQ, plus I had friends there who I talked with. So I am something of a witness to things happening there.

You need to remember that men of great ego not only want to be known for their greatness, but also to be remembered for it. They want their work to continue on after them, after all, it increases their glory and fame.

In '73 and '74 I remember VP talking about building the corps, the failure of the first, and the improvement of the second. He spoke of basing the corps upon the biblical school of the prophets, as that should help guarantee it's success.

Often, such discussion was accompanied with examples of christian notables such as Martin Luther. After starting a world shaking reformation that altered all christianity, his movement fell apart into several sub groups after his death. (sound familiar?) I was left with the reassuring impression that VP had thought these things through and was determined not make the same mistakes.

His intention was that twi would live on after him and increase his glory. Let us not forget there are any ministries, small and large, in the US today based on (and still glorifing,) the work of one man.

Also,.....

Most of us were around to hear one of VP's final "prophecies" :

"That The Way International would not stand, unless, the Weirwille family stood with it."

( Of course we all now know how that worked out.)

Obviously, it was an attempt to keep the family at the heart of twi.

i wonder why sara would join a cult that worships her dad knowing he did not leave anything to the mom or children

I had the opportunity to spend a couple hours with Sara at a CFFM gathering about 2000 -2002. She was a real sweetheart and a good conversation. We talked of many things and at one point I asked her if she ever came to the Spot. She replied they did look occassionly but not often. It wasn't easy to look at all the negative things we were saying about her dad.

She acknowledged that at the least, some of the things reported must be true and she was embarrassed and ashamed about it. but she also said VP was still her dad and the man who taught her the word. She was still a true believer in what was taught, and at the time, CFFM was dedicated to trying go back to the way the way used to be when it was wonderful.

Yes Virginia, there were earlier on, days when twi appeared to be wonderful.

Of course, this was before Mrs. Weirwilles health problems became known. I remember GS threads from the period showing the family working to get control of Mrs. W. after they put her in the nursing home.

Sara and her siblings grew up with the heritage that all things worked for the good of the way international and all things were subserviant to it. Also I don't think for a minute they ever thought they would not be a part of it, unless they decided not to.

• 1 month later...

very sad isn't it?

my mother told me i should not ever speak ill of the dead, so please don't tell her

i feel sorry for sara. we sat at her father's feet at a women's night owl where he described sexually abusing her as a child

i wish she could come to terms with that instead of thinking he gave her THE WORD

but i understand denial

my father was a f with a capital F and ruined my mom and our childhood. he's dead now and i don't miss him. i might at times feel sorry for him

life is just horrible at times

• 5 years later...
On 5/20/2012 at 8:52 AM, skyrider said:

On May 20, 1985 wierwille died.....27 years ago, today.

Wierwille chose martindale as his successor. Martindale's sexual predation and out-of-court settlements were catalysts of his ouster.

Wierwille sent geer to oversee Gartmore and Europe. That, too, came crashing down and geer set up a MLM franchise enterprise.

Wierwille's beloved men, walter & johnny, no longer stand with twi....splintering out amongst the splinters.

Rosalie and Donna run the show, Mr. Wierwille.

Two divorced women are pulling the levers of control.

And, "sunday teachers" READ the pre-approved sermons to a mostly-empty auditorium.

And, your corps indoctrination program is so dismal that twi hides their numbers from view.

Oh,.....and the internet, mr. wierwille, has exposed YOU ---- plagairism, sexual predation, lying, drunkenness, etc.

Even Mrs. W's book exposes how thrilled you were to take Rev. BG Leonard's class (twice) and then, teach it to others.

And, from Stiles and Bullinger you patched together more scriptures to "distance" yourself from Leonard's class.

And, Albert Cliffe's occult doctrine and sway help you to formulate and intermesh "the law of believing" into your work.

You see, mr. wierwille......you wished you were a man of elevated stature, but WE NOW KNOW WHO YOU REALLY WERE.

Some might joke that if you knew all of this.....you'd be SPINNING IN YOUR GRAVE.

Sky, I hope he rots in Hell, the big phony!

On 5/27/2012 at 8:04 PM, shazdancer said:

He put the family farm in the name of TWI, so all the improvements could be paid for by the organization, and he would pay no taxes for it. It didn't matter that his children would never inherit it.

His Board of Trustees was made up of the minimum number of people it takes to be a nonprofit (3), making the Board easier to control. He didn't want strategically-placed individuals, mighty in the Scriptures, or even lawyers or accountants, like most nonprofits. He wanted yes-men who would let him do what he wanted.

When it was time to "pass the mantle," this leader who proclaimed the importance of the ground-breaking research he was doing didn't choose the much-respected head of the Research Department to succeed him. Instead, he set up the two biggest tushy-kissers, one in Europe and one at home. Craig was his mistake, because Craig couldn't wait to grab the throne and minimize Wierwille's influence while he was still alive. So Wierwille turned to Gartmore for adulation.

When he was alive, he drank, overspent, used, and screwed his way through as much money and humanity as he could. He almost lost the whole thing when he forgot that one of the few things he shouldn't do as a nonprofit was endorse a political candidate. But he could promote or discredit just enough people that his indiscretions were never revealed to the believers at large. It took the Internet to do that.

Shaz, great post!!!