GreaseSpot Cafe

Game: Before & After (Movies and TV)

Raf

Here's one of my "stealth" triples, where you could technically make it a double,

but I sneak in an overlapped title in the middle. (2 movies, 1 show.)

In this sci-fi romp, a quiet, brilliant youngster is recruited and trained to play

a critical part in saving the Earth from the second wave of attacks

by aliens bent on destroying the Earth. Saving Earth is just the beginning, though....

Thinking his life post-war is boring, his brother drags him into a live-action adventure

with unspoken rules, an unspoken "board" and so on, where winning is surviving.

Making it through that, he eventually becomes a major player in the struggle among

the surviving low-tech humans to become the ruler of what's left of the Earth,

its surviving tribes/houses, and the cooler weather (obviously the result of a

minor "nuclear winter" scenario blocking sunlight and making everything cooler

after the planetwide attacks decades earlier.

Here's one of my "stealth" triples, where you could technically make it a double,

In this sci-fi romp, a quiet, brilliant youngster is recruited and trained to play

a critical part in saving the Earth from the second wave of attacks

by aliens bent on destroying the Earth. Saving Earth is just the beginning, though....

Thinking his life post-war is boring, his brother drags him into a live-action adventure

with unspoken rules, an unspoken "board" and so on, where winning is surviving.

Making it through that, he eventually becomes a major player in the struggle among

the surviving low-tech humans to become the ruler of what's left of the Earth,

its surviving tribes/houses, and the cooler weather (obviously the result of a

minor "nuclear winter" scenario blocking sunlight and making everything cooler

after the planetwide attacks decades earlier.

Most of the post-apocalypses movies I have in mind ( I don't read sci-fi, just watch them) haven't got a youngster recruited in them ie: Bruce Willis Fifth Element, Will Smith Indendence Day or MIB both young but not really brilliant, Keane Reeves Matrix was recruited but not dragged into anything by a brother, so the only deduction that I can draw on so far would be Terminator: Rise of the Machines.

Is this in the ballpark?

I really can't play with you guys when it comes to movies or TV, your just too talented. WordWolf you have a very interesting and intriguing clue here, but by the time I'm done fiddling around with the first part, George will already have the answer.

I don't know if John Conner's was dragged into a post-war scenario by his brother either? Obviously, those clues come from a well read fan of science fiction.

Edited by Human without the bean

In this sci-fi romp, a quiet, brilliant youngster is recruited and trained in an advanced military

academy in outer space to prepare for a future alien invasion decades after their previous

assault on Earth. Saving Earth is just the beginning, though....

Thinking his life post-war is boring, his brother drags him into a mysterious live-action adventure

with unspoken rules, an unspoken "board" and so on, where winning is surviving,

that integrates with his attempts to live day-by-day.

the surviving low-tech humans to ascend the High Seat of what's left of the Earth,

its surviving tribes/houses, and deal with the expected, oncoming colder weather.

Stars include Harrison Ford, Ben Kingsley and Abigail Breslin,

Michael Douglas, Sean Penn,

Peter Dinklage, Lena Headey, Emilia Clarke, Maisie Williams, Kit Harrington, and Sophie Turner.

Ender's Game of Thrones

(snip)

That's it.

I substituted "Ender's Game" (new movie) for "The Crying Game" (older movie) because I was

unable to come up with a summary of the previous movie that was clear, brief, and a fair

summary of the movie. So, about a paragraph in (and still on the first movie), I deleted the

text and started over with a different movie ending in "game".

What do you have so far?

The page flipped over so I missed your reply WordWolf. I had the same answer as George, but with that I had "The Game" Michael Douglas's movie.

The first movie is recent. I substituted it in place of an older movie because I found myself

spending a paragraph trying to describe the first movie.

I was close to going with Ender' s Game also, and I kept exhausting my wits with a tv show to go with it which I never came up with one. Wasn't this supposed to be a stealth triple? Or is this a double entendre?

Edited by Human without the bean

The page flipped over so I missed your reply WordWolf. I had the same answer as George, but with that I had "The Game" Michael Douglas's movie.

I was close to going with Ender' s Game also, and I kept exhausting my wits with a tv show to go with it which I never came up with one. Wasn't this supposed to be a stealth triple? Or is this a double entendre?

I announced it was a stealth triple, with 2 movies and one TV show.

It was: Ender's Game (movie)

The Game (movie)

Game of Thrones (TV show)

I listed the cast of each in order, and on their own lines.

Of those 3, people talk about Game of Thrones all the time, but not really the other 2.

A student at a historically black college tries to get into a popular fraternity, tapping into an ongoing feud between lighter-skinned and darker-skinned students. One day, a millionaire businessman trying to show his son how important it is to get a formal education decides to enrol, causing a big splash.

I announced it was a stealth triple, with 2 movies and one TV show.

It was: Ender's Game (movie)

The Game (movie)

Game of Thrones (TV show)

You forgot the THE! No need for a response WordWolf. I'm attempting to use sarcasm. Albeit, a poor attempt.

George is up.