GreaseSpot Cafe

Merry Christmas Everyone!

chockfull

Just wanted to start a traditional Merry Christmas greeting thread for everyone. One that involves no 'Nilla Wayfer holiday song rewrites, one that no longer wonders whether or not when a Way leadership wishes you "Happy Ho Ho" that they are actually talking about prostitutes.

What are my plans?

1) Rum n Eggnog

2) Singing Jingle Bells in the Original ( I put a little "uh" at the end just to emphasize that I'm NOT singing about SIT)

3) Gifts

4) Fantastical whimsical stories about Santa and Reindeer

5) The megawatts in the outdoors (Clark Griswald, look out buddy!!!)

6) A smoker going all weekend

7) More Rum n Eggnog (Eggnog optional)

Just wanted to start a traditional Merry Christmas greeting thread for everyone. One that involves no 'Nilla Wayfer holiday song rewrites, one that no longer wonders whether or not when a Way leadership wishes you "Happy Ho Ho" that they are actually talking about prostitutes.

What are my plans?

1) Rum n Eggnog

2) Singing Jingle Bells in the Original ( I put a little "uh" at the end just to emphasize that I'm NOT singing about SIT)

3) Gifts

4) Fantastical whimsical stories about Santa and Reindeer

5) The megawatts in the outdoors (Clark Griswald, look out buddy!!!)

6) A smoker going all weekend

7) More Rum n Eggnog (Eggnog optional)

Sounds fun!!! Merry Christmas, Chock, and all else! We are doing a large prime rib with Yorkshire Pudding and various other dishes. And of course entertaining a house full of family, close friends and a neighbor or two.

If you have run out of ways to give kindness, here are some suggestions from an online friend. (I find giving is always a good antidote to self-pity, which so easily creeps in during holiday times which for so many different reasons are not filled with the kind kind of affection of other years' celebrations) A card or letter send at any time would be appreciated I'm sure.:

Sent: 12/18/2012 12:29:33 A.M. Eastern Standard Time

Subj: Random Act of Kindness Cards 2012

Hi. Here is a list of the Random Act of Kindness Cards for this year.

If willing to send, please let them know that you received their name from "Sandra's Sonshine Beamers."

Appreciate cards being mailed.

Skip Martin

c/o Carriage House

1131 E. Home Avenue

Hartsville, SC 29550

Skip lives in a home for those in need of dependence upon others; has a very sweet personality, and is alone, parents are dead; he is middle aged.

John Henry Clark

1020 Spring Acres Drive

Darlington, South Carolina 29532-2159

Recently lost job, wife took children, and left, has no way to travel, except walking. He is in need of inspiration, so any encouragement would help. Please pray for his mind, body, and spirit, that encouragers will come forth, that God will send someone who can help him get back to work, and functioning as he should. He is not on drugs, not an alcoholic, just down on his luck.

Maynard Nelson

2604 Lemount Avenue

Salem, Virginia 24153-2126

Very ill.

Lavanda Meldick

921 Apperson Drive

Salem, Virginia 24153-7134

Lavanda loves the Lord; has breathing, heart, lung conditions. Please pray for her healing and a note, in the card.

Frances Reed

151 Weaverville Hwy. Apt. 41

Asheville, North Carolina 28804

Frances recently underwent extensive heart surgery, and is now in recovery process. Please pray for her strength and her healing speedily and complete, without complications. She would love to get a card with encouragement. Thanks.

Sam Lewis

110 Higginbotham Street, #38

Baldwin, Florida 32234-2021

Lives alone; has diabetic complications, heart condition. Please send a note along with card, and please pray for him. Thanks.

Ruth Rich

#112 c/o P.A. Peterson

1311 Parkview

Rockford, Illinois 61107

In a home; has Alzheimers, still aware at times.

Cynthia Barcellos

419 E. Hawthorne Road, #45

Spokane, Washington 99218

Needs prayer and words of encouragement. Thanks.

Thanks for sending cards to those in need. God bless and have a Merry Christmas!! Sandra

Back aty'all! Merry Christmas! Family and friends as much as possible. Some quiet time here and there. Weather permitting a little outdoor exercise, walking and the like.

Have safe and happy holidays! Enjoy the Christmas season for all it can be!

(No belief systems, religions, alternate, mainstream, fundamental, lift wing, right wing, far near or distant close ideas or theological constructs were harmed in the posting of these greetings, nor none intended! To file a complaint and receive compensatory help for all such, real or imagined, please proceed to www.MERRY-THiS_WHEREtheSUNshines.com and fill out form 100.A titled "Yeah Baby Gonna Get Mine Now!". Click the PayPal link and include the 459.00 filing and handling donation, and once it's received your help will be sent in a bright re gifted Christmas Card, suitable for hanging or framing!!)

Merry Christmas. I received this devotional today and was reminded how God was able to get a bunch of rag tag people to bow down before His Son when we signed up for PFAL and thereafter did our utmost for His highest to live for the Lord Jesus and show Him forth: for which I will ever be thankful.

Scripture: Genesis 1:1a"In the beginning God" NKJV

The first four words in the first Book of the Bible --- Genesis --- are:"In the beginning God".

Looking back over the history of time and certainly the USA there are some very important parts of our lives where these four words were demonstrative:

"In the beginning God" had a profound effect on how we developed:

Our land, seas, animals and man himself --- In the beginning God.

. . .And yes, even the film capital Hollywood --- In the beginning God.

Cecil B. De Mille perhaps the greatest producer-director in film history earned his reputation with films about the Bible: "Samson and Delilah" and the all time favorite "The Ten Commandments".

Cecil B. De Mille the owner of 12 Academy Awards tells the story of what he considered to be the crowning moment of his entire life. It was the beginning of his film career and the day before Christmas. His crew was on location filming one of his first Biblically based films."The King Of Kings."

They were re-enacting the crucifixion of Jesus. De Mille for the occasion recruited a ragtag bunch of questionable characters. He searched the local bars and houses of ill-repute for mob scene stand-ins. These were the citizens in the film crying out, "Crucify him! Crucify him!"

Three crosses stood on the barren hillside toward the back of the stage. It was Christmas Eve and getting late in day and the script was telling about the death of Jesus. Tomorrow would be Christmas Day and the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ but for tonight the topic would be the death of Jesus and the soon to come resurrection.

On the spur of the moment the great producer-director called a halt to the production and gathered everyone around. Stepping out in front of the camera and spontaneously speaking to everyone --- he called out, "In honor of Christ the King we will take five minutes for meditation and prayer". It was time set aside to Give God Glory for sending HIS SON to earth for us.

Immediately De Mille realized he had made a big mistake. He thought to himself that with a break everyone would just ramble off for a smoke, drink or just talk. But what had been done was done. As awkward as it was --- there was nothing left to do other than follow through with his command. Cecil B. De Mille never felt so alone in all his life as he bowed his head and closed his eyes.

The next few moments seemed like an eternity but then it happened. From that ragtag crew of stand-ins --- as his eyes were closed and head bowed --- he heard the sound of voices singing:

It came upon the midnight clear,

That glorious song of old,

From angels bending near the earth,

To touch their harps of gold:

"Peace on the earth, goodwill to men

From heavens all gracious King!"

The world in solemn stillness lay

To hear the angels sing."

Opening his eyes he looked on the scene in

amazement. His ragtag crew of stand-ins were all kneeling before the

three crosses on the hillside. On their defeated and painful faces he saw tears

of remembrance slowly trickling down as they

sang.

Imagine the

great producer-director looking upon this scene as the crowning moment of his

entire life --- how could he ever forget: Christmas Eve on a Hollywood film

set, three crosses on a hillside and a motley crew kneeling before the Son of

God and singing praises to their King of

kings.

If

you meet someone who wants to change anything that conflicts with "In the

beginning God" --- Do as Cecil B. De Mille did and Give God Glory. It may be

awkward at first but I've never met anyone --- who when they stepped out for

Jesus "Giving God Glory" --- had their effort unrewarded.

Edited by Kit Sober

Started by attendance at the Abbey on 24th for the traditional service of 9 Lessons and Carols; left feeling very jolly and joyful.

Started Christmas Day by taking my (visiting) Mum a cup of tea in bed.

Light breakfast.

Opened the pressies under the Chrissie tree. Had a huge laugh at some of the things.

Did some washing up.

Made a sherry trifle.

Did some washing up.

Roasted a large lump of pork, which served up with many delicious veggies etc followed by a luscious Chrissie pudding.

At 3pm, listened to the Queen's Christmas Message to the Commonwealth.

Did some more washing up.

Went to the Church where we were having an "Open Living Room" for anyone who cared to come. There were fewer people than we had expected, but we still had a good time.

Ate and played games.

Did yet more washing up.

Came home and played some board games. Accompanied by port and Christmas cake.

Did yet more washing up.

Hmm. Seems to me there is a common theme running through this day...dishwashing.

It was a very nice day.

This was first Christmas in 43 years without Fred and was pretty tough. But God... I was offered and accepted a job!!!! (been out of work for 6 months and my unemployment will be exhausted). What a Christmas present that was -- not as precious as being with son and his family, but still pretty wonderful. It's a 90 mile round trip and the first job since I went totally deaf, so it will be a challenge, but if I can do it for 6 months I can transfer to a job closer to home. I am so thankful to be able to keep working. It's been an awesome vacation of rest and recuperation. (I certainly won't have the time to be stopping by Greasespot Cafe so much.

Great news, Kit. Hope it all works out for you. 90 miles is a long commute, but God willing, you will show yourself to be such a great worker that they will give you a transfer to a nearer location in a much shorter time.