GreaseSpot Cafe

Just for Fun

newlife

I got to thinking about this when someone (never having been in TWI) asked about my living in a state that I do not live in now. And I told them I lived in more than just that state. I got to thinking and I realized how insane it was for me to move so many times. When I was in TWI I moved and lived in 6 different states in 13 years. I was not Corps. I did go wow for one year, but I think I must of thought it was spiritual to move so many times or something. You know, Word over the World. I lived in KY, IL, Florida, Michigan, Kansas and Colorado. The job resume was very interesting as you might guess!! When I left TWI I said, enough of the moving. Where I live now, I've been here for 25 years...I've been in the same job now for almost 18 yrs. My how stable my life has gotten!!

I remember thinking I wanted to really visit places before I got in TWI! LOL My prayer was answered!!!

Just for fun, how many yrs. were you in TWI and how many times did you move???? What states???

I thought about responding to this but I'm running late for class set-up and I'm on the refreshment crew.. I need to wash the lipstick stains off those disposable styrofoam cups so we can get another 12 sessions out of them.

Edited by waysider

Hmmmm let's take a walk down Memory Lane:

Yellow Springs, OH - got witnesssed to

Columbus, OH - took class there & stuck around a couple months

Rochester, NY - couldn't find a job in Columbus, OH and went back to hometown.

Del Mar, CA - failed at beginning of WOW year and went Del Mar where parents had moved to

San Diego, CA - moved out & got an apt.

San Pedro, CA - Fellow Laborers

Visalia, CA - field assigment in Fellow Laborers

New Bedford, MA - WOW

Emporia, KS - Corps in residence

Redlands, CA - WOW interim Corps assignment

Emporia, KS - back in residence

HQ, New Knoxville - part of in that in residence year

Greenville, MS - Corps assignment

Jackson, MS - Corps assignment

Del Mar, CA - kicked out of ROA and went home (long story)

San Diego, CA - own apt. and then a Way Home, then to an apt. with new husband. Stayed in same apt complex for 16 years. Left TWI shortly after moving there.

Chula Vista, CA - hubby & I bought a house here 11 years ago.

And that's just the cities. It doesn't include the moves within the different cities. Not to mention that when we were in residence at Emporia they would make us move from dorm to dorm at least four or five times in a year.

How the he11 do you explain that? Especially what was I doing in Mississippi.

I've been in the San Diego area for over 30 years. Have no desire to move, in fact, I HATE moving!

(BTW when I was in MS and moved from Greenville to Jackson I could fit all my worldly possessions into a VW).

Something funny along the lines of this topic. Once after a move I was circulating my resume to get work. I ended up doing part time work for a company and got to know the hiring manager. One day we were sitting around discussing things. My resume came up. The hiring manager told me her first impression of me from that resume with all the different states I lived in and jobs I had was that I might be a fugitive wanted by the law, so she paid extra to do an extensive background check on me.

witnessed to at ECU, Greenville; took class in Morganton during summer; involved in twig at ASU, Boone; lived in Hickory during 1979; left TWI in Jan. 1980, all in NC. Big waste of time.

Not much for me. Got in the word in MI. Went wow to Rolla, MO. Following year in men's way home in Columbia, MO, next 6 years in St. Louis (4 different addresses), moved back to Grand Rapids, MI where I stayed until leaving twi. For some reason twi never pressured me into moving a lot, but I was never way corps.

The spinoff fellowship I now attend doesn't do invasive things to people like that.