GreaseSpot Cafe

STOP the open dialogue

skyrider

Not only did VP not have scriptural references, he flat out said, "I can't show this to you in the Bible, you'll just have to trust me. This is what Father showed me." That may not be an exact quote but I'd bet you it's pretty darn close. So, there it was , a massive red flag that none of us apparently gave much notice. It just sat there like a duck.

BTW, in the class I remember, it involved a bit more than masturbation. I've posted it before and it drew an "Ewwwww!" response.

Edited by waysider

If you read GSC and come away with the opinion that we think everything taught by TWI was a lie, then you are not reading very closely. That is such a shallow analysis of our diverse opinions that if you stepped in it you wouldn't even need a towel to dry off.

You say you've read the doctrinal section? I say you've barely scatched the surface.

Edited by Raf

DWBH, I am not a "twit" as in your terms (what ever that means so how would I really know), yet, I find it illogical to disregard everything taught in twi. When you integrate all biblical teaching that you have been exposed to, twi and elsewhere, you don't always remember the source; should it matter. Yes, twi taught alot of self serving crap but even a broken clock is right twice a day (only once for us military folk). I can not disregard everything taught by twi as false just like I can not disregard everything taught by the Lutherans as false, etc. The hard part to the equation is discernment, isn't that always the hard part of everything. I continue to search stuff on line, I also read the doctrinal forum here on GSC and also stuff on the despised STF web site. I have "found" that most of what twi taught was not incorrect (oops, double negative, just a figure of speech for emphasis) but their application of it was rancid, additioanlly, when I address "issues" that just don't seem to pass the smell test (the tree was Adam's penis or Eve went gay) then you just attempt to purge that stuff, even though we are incapable of totally forgetting things (strange little kwerk we humans possess). I know I am on a twi bashing forum thread and I say go for it but if I had just logged onto GSC and read some of the stuff posted, I could quite easily take away the opinion that absolutely everything taught by twi was a lie. What's my point, a lesson I was reminded of here on GSC, don't paint with a broad brush.

You're minimizing what TWI did, does, and is.

Minimizing is a type of denial.

It is now my understanding that this is a form of abusive language. HERE. (see EXAMPLES)

Someone, correct me if I'm wrong. That's just what I'm seeing now.

• 1 year later...