GreaseSpot Cafe

New John Juedes video debunking Wierwille books

Rocky

Just now, Mike said:

Oh, ok.  At your insistence I will seek to motivate you the right way. 
What do you think my chances of success are?

With that attitude zero. Believing equals receiving, right? But then you don't believe that anymore than I do. Otherwise you'd fix it.

20 minutes ago, Mike said:

I'm dying to give the answer, but I should wait for Rocky and Oldskool to have a chance at it.

Excuses. excuses.

Why didn't you say that a few hours ago, when you were first asked the question and refuse to answer and then went into your you need to learn diatribe?

Edited by So_crates

3 hours ago, Mike said:

The bottom line of love for a human means to love their words and ultimately their will. 

So in order to love somebody with agape love that is hungry, physically starving to death then to love them I should do their will...I mean God forbid if their will is to rob a bank so they don't starve...IGod forbid I would love them by giving them food and shelter or a job or whatever would actually help them and demonstrate God's agape love which is expressed as giving...so do I love peoples will and words when those will and words are sinful and contrary to God's will?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Mike said:

I'm dying to give the answer, but I should wait for Rocky and Oldskool to have a chance at it.

Dont wait on me, Im not really participating in this conversation because I have addressed you several times with points of consideration that youve ignored....talking with you in this context is like clapping with one hand...its all about you and Im not into feeding narcissisism. Most everyone of your posts are condescending and your choice of words indicate a disdain for people here that you have a prejudice against folks here because we reject your false prophet. So, again, don't wait on me....carry on sir.! Peace.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mike said:

I am very reluctant to waste time, writing a long essay for someone who is trying to find targets to shoot at, and not understand my essay.

6 hours ago, Mike said:

Are you reluctant to respond to my answer, that loving a human strongly implies loving their words, SO THAT you can come to know and love their will?

6 hours ago, Mike said:

Yes, Rocky did.  He didn't use the word essay, though, it was implied.

That seems to be exquisite projection. 1) No, I did not. 2) Had you not been projecting, you may have more fairly stated "I inferred it." Which would have been a legit "I" statement in that case. 3) We now don't have the gift of T-Bone's additional insight because, IIRC, he realized he went down the proverbial rabbit hole too often with his long-winded replies and essays. 4) Our friend OldSkool quite succinctly and eloquently answered the rhetorical question you posed about HOW does one love. 

This is my projection: nobody wants to read your long-winded BS.

Hence, I try diligently to not make my comments TL:DR. Because I would rather not lose my readers if I can help it. :love3:

Edited by Rocky

2 hours ago, So_crates said:

Do you think this little game of yours is making us care about the answer? It's not. All it's doing  is putting your credibility further into question.

Do you really think there's any question about Mike's credibility? I mean, REALLY???????

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Do you think Jesus would have issued that great commandment for the people to love God if they didn't know how to love Him.

Of course. It would be exactly his style. He said a lot of things people didn't understand. The Gospels show and tell how the people, even his own disciples, didn't understand him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Of course. It would be exactly his style. He said a lot of things people didn't understand. The Gospels show and tell how the people, even his own disciples, didn't understand him.

And Jesus did that on purpose....so is he unloving?...Mike...?

(cue the orchestra)

THE ANSWER IS:

When Jesus cited the greatest commandment, he was quoting from a most pivotal and important scripture for his audience.

Deut 6:1-12
1These are the commands, decrees and laws the Lord your God directed me to teach you to observe in the land that you are crossing the Jordan to possess, so that you, your children and their children after them may fear the Lord your God as long as you live by keeping all his decrees and commands that I give you, and so that you may enjoy long life.

Hear, Israel, and be careful to obey so that it may go well with you and that you may increase greatly in a land flowing with milk and honey, just as the Lord, the God of your ancestors, promised you.

Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.

These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts.

Impress them on your children.

Talk about them when you sit at home

and when you walk along the road,

when you lie down and when you get up.

Tie them as symbols on your hands

and bind them on your foreheads.

Write them on the doorframes of your houses

and on your gates.

10 When the Lord your God brings you into the land he swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, to give you—a land with large, flourishing cities you did not build, 11 houses filled with all kinds of good things you did not provide, wells you did not dig, and vineyards and olive groves you did not plant—then when you eat and are satisfied, 12 be careful that you do not forget the Lord, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

*/*/*/*

Paraphrasing:  You love God by loving His words and saturating your life with them.

And a little followup for us Christians with:

1 John 5:1-3
Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well. This is how we know that we love the children of God: by loving God and carrying out his commands. In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands. And his commands are not burdensome...

Edited by Mike

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

When Jesus cited the greatest commandment, he was quoting from a most pivotal and important scripture for his audience.

Deut 6:1-12
1These are the commands, decrees and laws the Lord your God directed me to teach you to observe in the land that you are crossing the Jordan to possess, so that you, your children and their children after them may fear the Lord your God as long as you live by keeping all his decrees and commands that I give you, and so that you may enjoy long life.

Hear, Israel, and be careful to obey so that it may go well with you and that you may increase greatly in a land flowing with milk and honey, just as the Lord, the God of your ancestors, promised you.

Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.

These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts.

Impress them on your children.

Talk about them when you sit at home

and when you walk along the road,

when you lie down and when you get up.

Tie them as symbols on your hands

and bind them on your foreheads.

Write them on the doorframes of your houses

and on your gates.

10 When the Lord your God brings you into the land he swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, to give you—a land with large, flourishing cities you did not build, 11 houses filled with all kinds of good things you did not provide, wells you did not dig, and vineyards and olive groves you did not plant—then when you eat and are satisfied, 12 be careful that you do not forget the Lord, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

*/*/*/*

Paraphrasing:  You love God by loving His words and saturating your life with them.

And a little followup for us Christians with:

1 John 5:1-3
Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well. This is how we know that we love the children of God: by loving God and carrying out his commands. In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands. And his commands are not burdensome...

Just admit you don't have very much experience loving people and for you its all an intellectual pursuit where you pontificate this or that....all you doing is quoting scripture with little depth and scope behind the quotes...Its to be expected becacuse that was wierwille as well and you idolize him. Your arguments are not convincing at all and trying to take everything back to the Bible isn't working out to well for you. The Bible is a collection of books. Those books within the Bible's covers may or may not be scripture. You think God made Bibles? Its a sleight of hand to control who reads what...while the KJV Bible is fine and I use it daily it's not the end all be all. Not all scripture is within it's covers. More exhaustive canons contain books that are not scripture but are within the same binding.....dont you see? God is no bound within the pages of a Bible because its a man made construct and God is not limited in any fashion, though you frequently try and limitl the unlimited God.

10 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

Just admit you don't have very much experience loving people and for you its all an intellectual pursuit where you pontificate this or that....all you doing is quoting scripture with little depth and scope behind the quotes...Its to be expected because that was wierwille as well and you idolize him. Your arguments are not convincing at all and trying to take everything back to the Bible isn't working out to well for you. The Bible is a collection of books. Those books within the Bible's covers may or may not be scripture. You think God made Bibles? Its a sleight of hand to control who reads what...while the KJV Bible is fine and I use it daily it's not the end all be all. Not all scripture is within it's covers. More exhaustive canons contain books that are not scripture but are within the same binding.....dont you see? God is no bound within the pages of a Bible because its a man made construct and God is not limited in any fashion, though you frequently try and limit the unlimited God.

Looks to me like lashing out in frustration.

41 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

And Jesus did that on purpose....so is he unloving?...Mike...?

Do you really expect Mike to be able to cogently answer your question? Even if he tried, how would/could Mike credibly do so?

5 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Yeah, makes sense...good catch.

1 minute ago, Rocky said:

Do you really expect Mike to be able to cogently answer your question? Even if he tried, how would/could Mike credibly do so?

Expect? No, my expectations are pretty low. Whenever anyone asks mike a question that doesn't fit his narrative he ignores it...so...I expect more of the same really...but hey...he has a chance to at least...:anim-smile:

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Mike said:

Harumphhhh !!!   bible idolatry !!!

How ELSE can we love God first,
if it is not His Word that we are to love?

Yes.   This is what I surmised in an earlier post, i.e. the written Word aids and helps and directs us to worship Him.

1 hour ago, Rocky said:

LoL !

I'll let the folks at home decide for themselves there.

I wonder how many of them were able to check Jesus' sources and find Deut. 6 by themselves. 

It is likely that oldiesman and johniam would have gotten this little love quiz answered right and quick.   It's just a no-brainer to check out where Jesus was quoting in the OT.  I think I first did it my first year in the Word. No one showed me.

God told natural men of Israel to love God, and He told them how: become "Bible freaks."

In everyone's zeal to condemn me for doing what God commanded men to do long ago, and then calling it "biblio-idolatry," what we have here is a spectacular demonstration of group blindness.

Edited by Mike

10 minutes ago, oldiesman said:

Yes.   This is what I surmised in an earlier post, i.e. the written Word aids and helps and directs us to worship Him.

Thank you sir.
It is pretty obvious, isn't it.

I mean, they all painted themselves into a corner on this one.

10 minutes ago, Mike said:

Thank you sir.
It is pretty obvious, isn't it.

I mean, they all painted themselves into a corner on this one.

Gloating in an assumed victory? Your true colors are showing. Nobody's even painting.

• Like 1

Just now, Mike said:

It is finished for me.

If anyone wants to make further fools of themselves entertaining the idea of bible-idolatry, have at it.

Of course it is...you were asked relevant questions that you couldn't answer, so you became critical and now your shutting down. I've dealt with the same issues and it's from cult related damage....you should look into it.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Mike said:

It is likely that oldiesman and johniam would have gotten this little love quiz answered right and quick. 

So what you're fishing for is exterior validation, which you're not getting yet? 

Why would you need to have anyone agree with you? Leaders don't generally need to beg for it. :wink2:

52 minutes ago, oldiesman said:

the written Word aids and helps and directs us to worship Him.

Those are intriguing words to use. But are they the same as worshiping the book(s) (anthology)?