GreaseSpot Cafe

TWI: culty cult or ethical cult? Past, present, or future possibilities

Rocky

34 minutes ago, Stayed Too Long said:

Just because I can have a meal prepared by a manufacturing company and shipped to me, doesn’t mean I don’t need to break bread with people at times. The frozen parcel does not eliminate the need to be around others at times. 
People can elect to live in a house by themselves and be a hermit, but most folks choose to live near others, and visit with them.

You might.  And I get that.  I do to. 

But.  Human interaction is changing.  That reality has alternatives.

16 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

I had to take course on "Belonging" when I was a teacher.  You might look into this thing called the internet.  And how it rewires the brain etc. Etc. Etc.

How do you know I haven't already?

6 hours ago, Bolshevik said:

What?

We can make our own personalized groups to belong to.  Right?

Bolshevik, questions for you: 1) are you suggesting the introduction of AI robots will supplant the human need for interaction with other humans (social needs); 2) are you suggesting these robots with change human nature such that we will no longer need human interaction?

16 hours ago, Rocky said:

Bolshevik, questions for you: 1) are you suggesting the introduction of AI robots will supplant the human need for interaction with other humans (social needs); 2) are you suggesting these robots with change human nature such that we will no longer need human interaction?

Your questions are confusing.

We have, as a culture, said that human interaction is wrong.  We have been supplanting it.  Types of AI have been filling these voids.  There is a need for public safety to do so.

This like, Elon Musk stuff, so that's why I think you're playing devil's advocate.

This is the world.  We atomizing.

Our world is a projection, why wouldn't robots take the place of human interaction?

8 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

Your questions are confusing.

We have, as a culture, said that human interaction is wrong.  We have been supplanting it.  Types of AI have been filling these voids.  There is a need for public safety to do so.

The questions don’t  seem confusing at all, but your quote, “..human interaction is wrong…”  is confusing. No culture I am aware of believes this. 
I think you are digging a hole you will not be able to climb out of.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Bolshevik said:

This like, Elon Musk stuff, so that's why I think you're playing devil's advocate.

This is the world.  We atomizing.

Our world is a projection, why wouldn't robots take the place of human interaction?

Now you throw out another perspective to try and fit your narrative of humans not needing other humans, “Our world is a projection…”  

Let’s use FB as an example. People hiding behind a keyboard can “project” what ever they want. Many arrive at an inaccurate conclusion of the message that was sent, and rant on and on, destroying any type of understanding between the two.
Post something about Covid on FB,, and thru AI, your post can be competely deleted if it doesn’t fit the AI’s version. To many, the belief of AI is completely wrong, but it cannot be debated. It is used to stop any debate and only frustrates the losing party. 
Again, all human interaction is a destroyed by AI. Those in power determine what is right. 

Edited by Stayed Too Long

HBO max has a couple series that somewhat explores this.

Raised by wolves

And another with Ray Ramano I get remember the name of

Then connect some ideas to cults

Edited by Bolshevik
Made For Love - you narcissist

20 hours ago, Rocky said:

Bolshevik, questions for you: 1) are you suggesting the introduction of AI robots will supplant the human need for interaction with other humans (social needs); 2) are you suggesting these robots WILL change human nature such that we will no longer need human interaction?

I hope correcting my typo clarifies the question some.

2 hours ago, Bolshevik said:

You forgot dogs and cats.

How a power outlet looks like a face.

Look at Victor Paul Wierwille.

reddy-kilowatt.png

Rochester Gas & Electric was using this logo more than half a century ago. Ready Kilowatt, they called it.

Of course pets provide comfort to people, often in place of human contact.

As to looking at Wierwille... I'd rather not.

1 minute ago, Rocky said:

reddy-kilowatt.png

Rochester Gas & Electric was using this logo more than half a century ago. Ready Kilowatt, they called it.

Of course pets provide comfort to people, often in place of human contact.

That is anti science.

1 minute ago, Rocky said:

Like I mentioned a couple of days ago... I hope you're okay (especially emotionally). You really do seem to be much more obtuse lately.

No.  You are playing games.  You are better than this.

35 minutes ago, Rocky said:

. . .

You did though.  That's why you're here.

Why?

Projection.  Projecting goodness onto something not capable of good.