GreaseSpot Cafe

Jumping to Concussions in a Rush to Judgement

Mike

1 hour ago, Nathan_Jr said:

Tarries? What a word choice. Is the Lord late? Whose timeline is the Lord on? Who knows the timeline?

Well he's absent according to wierwille ... So I guess late applies with these guys too in their esteem of Jesus Christ.

Mike..perhaps confirmation bias hinders your objectivity...I'm a musician and have studied and applied various learning methods and confirmation bias can hinder efforts at times. Perhaps detach...detachment is really an effective method in learning breakthroughs where we climb out of a rut that's just become routine. Take yourself out of the equation and maybe that will help. I'm endeavoring to do the same...I'm not talking at you I'm just sharing techniques I use in my various endeavors. I have quite a few irons in the fire and as we all do hit walls often enough...a learning plateau if u will. Just a though and a suggestion that may help. 

• Like 1

"Digital Decision"?  "Analog Decision"?  What the f*** is that supposed to mean? 

And NO, I don't want a Mikean answer.  Mike, just bloody well use proper English.  Stop inventing phrases to disguise what you mean / so as to appear more ?intelligent ?intellectual ?erudite / because you want to confuse things further.  Try choosing normal English expressions.  Then nobody will have to keep asking you questions - oh wait, that is what you want... to be the centre of attention.

[A few minutes later]

Oh lordy me.  And now he's abbreviating his bizarre wording.  Now I see "DD decision" (=?digital decision decision?) just to be even more confusing.

Speak English, Mike.  Or Chinese, if you like.  But be coherent.

Edited by Twinky
  • Like 1

What's this business of comparing one version of the collaterals with some other version?  That's akin to comparing bull manure with heifer manure.  

Have you considered comparing the collaterals with what the Bible says on a subject?  And I don't mean just looking at the words of, and occasional verses noted in, the collateral kid's-essay, but at the depth of what the Bible says about a topic.  Which will include very, very much more material than in a few badly written pages of a kid's-essay.

Edited by Twinky
  • Like 1

Just to bring things back, Mike has spent FIVE PAGES avoiding answering this, from page 1, that he keeps claiming he has no time to deal with.

See how he's once again managed to shift the conversation from "empathy" to his pet, the collaterals.  

On 12/23/2022 at 1:00 AM, Twinky said:

Mike on another thread is determined that we should see him as "empathetic."  Right.  Really.  

What's empathy?  

Empathy is the capacity to understand or feel what another person is experiencing from within their frame of reference, that is, the capacity to place oneself in another's position.[1] Definitions of empathy encompass a broad range of social, cognitive, and emotional processes primarily concerned with understanding others (and others' emotions in particular). Types of empathy include cognitive empathy, emotional (or affective) empathy, somatic empathy, and spiritual empathy.[2][3][4] [Wikipedia]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empathy

(In nice big font, Mike, so that you can't miss it.)  The  article is lengthy, so it may take you some time to read, but you may learn quite a lot from it.

Here's another much shorter article.  Please read it, Mike.  And carefully watch the video at the end (and learn from it).

https://takealtus.com/2020/06/empathy-1/

Why is that relevant to this thread?

Because Mike persists in shrieking about "Nazi Corps" without ever thinking about how much some people have given to enter the Corps program; what it has cost them physically, emotionally, in relationships; in other opportunities.  Without doubt everyone tried their best to do the program as directed.  Unfortunately, that included being stomped on from great height, repeatedly, for the most minor infractions - and for that same behaviour to be mimicked by trainees (in rez Corps).  The joy of service and the enthusiasm for service was crushed nearly out of existence, for many of the "Nazi Corps."  And who "Nazi'd" them?  The man who set up the program.  So in condemning "Nazi Corps" Mike is, in effect, condemning VPW, the man who had empathy for none and understood none who had empathy for others.

Now he has a different target in his sights: Charlene.  Charlene, who as a young woman, heard the word and received it with joy.  It filled her heart with enthusiasm and she wanted more and more of it.  In Mikeology, she "snapped."  Because she didn't hang around for 20 years "thinking about it" before she made a decision to follow the Lord (except, unfortunately, it wasn't the Lord but the Liar that she followed).  Mike condemns her for this.  She was too hasty.  I wonder what he knows of her circumstances, that made this choice attractive to her?  Where's his empathy for Charlene?  Did I miss something?

Mike, how long did the first disciples take before they joined Jesus on his mission?  Did they take 20 years?  Or did they hear, make a quick decision, and leave their nets and follow him?  Gave up their businesses and their previous lives, and went with someone they'd come to trust because he spoke of the God they longed to know?  Did they "snap," too?

What about Lydia in Acts 16?  She immediately received the word and set about witnessing to others, her whole household, and wanted Paul to stay with her.  Did she "snap"?  Paul writes very well of her later and she did much to fund his ministry. 

What about the jailor that Paul and Silas witnessed to when they were falsely imprisoned?  Verse 34 tells us "The jailer brought them into his house and set a meal before them; he was filled with joy because he had come to believe in God—he and his whole household."  Did the jailor "snap"?

There are many records in the book of Acts where it appears people were able to make a quick and lifechanging decision to follow the Lord.

Mike, just because you can't make a quick decision, doesn't mean that you have any right to condemn those who did.

And just because you have zero empathy for anyone else, doesn't give you any right to condemn or criticise anyone else.  Go walk in someone else's shoes for days, weeks, months, or even 20 years.  Come back and tell us if you learned anything.

Some might think that his refusal to address the quoted post shows ... a lack of empathy.

Edited by Twinky
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Twinky said:

"Digital Decision"?  "Analog Decision"?  What the f*** is that supposed to mean? 

And NO, I don't want a Mikean answer.  Mike, just bloody well use proper English.  Stop inventing phrases to disguise what you mean / so as to appear more ?intelligent ?intellectual ?erudite / because you want to confuse things further.  Try choosing normal English expressions.  Then nobody will have to keep asking you questions - oh wait, that is what you want... to be the centre of attention.

[A few minutes later]

Oh lordy me.  And now he's abbreviating his bizarre wording.  Now I see "DD decision" (=?digital decision decision?) just to be even more confusing.

Speak English, Mike.  Or Chinese, if you like.  But be coherent.

It is simple: a Digital Decision happens quickly in time, while an Analog Decision takes a lot of time. 

They are both good modes of thought that the brain is commonly capable of.

There is no value judgment attached to either, like where one is better than the other.

Some situations in life are best served with a fast Digital Decision.

Some situations in life are best served with a slow Analog decision.

If a situation comes up and the best mode of thought is NOT chosen, then problems can occur.

I gave in my re-written initializing post two examples where the best modes of thought were used. 

The first is on the day of Pentecost, where the 5,000 listeners performed a Digital Decision and believed what Peter preached to them that very day.

The second is years later with the Bereans, where a lot of them performed an Analog Decision and believed what Paul preached to them over the course of time slowly and carefully.

The way I have defined Digital Decisions and Analog Decisions here is the same way I was using the older terminology of snapping and AMS, respectively.

I think I explained these modes of thoughts better this second time, compared to my (dreadful) first time.

Thanks for giving me this second chance to explain the phenomena I have noticed applying to all of us over the decades.

Edited by Mike

MIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speak English.

Your stupid "digital decision" might be what others would call "a quick decision."

Your stupid "analog decision" might be what others would call "a considered decision."

People understand those terms.  They don't understand your choice of weird terminology.

Edited by Twinky

8 minutes ago, Twinky said:

Just to bring things back, Mike has spent FIVE PAGES avoiding answering this, from page 1, that he keeps claiming he has no time to deal with.

See how he's once again managed to shift the conversation from "empathy" to his pet, the collaterals.  

Some might think that his refusal to address the quoted post shows ... a lack of empathy.

I said I would answer your long post when things lighten up for me and I mean it.

How many hours am I late?
What is the page count now?

You are a harsh taskmaster Ms. Scrooge.

It is Christmas time and I have things to do.

Be patient and thankful for all our blessings.

Peace and Love.

Merry Christmas

And now he resorts to name-calling.  You just demonstrated how you've lost it, Mike. 

May I call you "Mr Procrastinator"?

6 minutes ago, Twinky said:

MIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speak English.

Your stupid "digital decision" might be what others would call "a quick decision."

Your stupid "analog decision" might be what others would call "a considered decision."

People understand those terms.  They don't understand your choice of weird terminology.

Next re-write I will consider that.

We're still along way to book publication, and the the screen play for GSC hasn't even been started. Thought about who you would like to play you?  Something to make a well thought through Analog Decision over.

Edited by Mike

Anyway, it's 4.30 in the morning.  I've not long since come in from being out on the streets, helping homeless and drunk people, police, and other night workers, and generally making known the name of the Lord and his love for the people of my city.  Christianity is nothing if not practical. 

I have no time at this hour of the morning to further waste on impractical argument.

Good night, all.

8 hours ago, Twinky said:

And now he resorts to name-calling.  You just demonstrated how you've lost it, Mike. 

May I call you "Mr Procrastinator"?

I think he started this thread to disarm everyone and move the boundaries in his favor where we can't respond the same to him because that would violate the truce or whatever he doesn't want to hear but expects to lecture us with pflap. Obviously he isn't here for honest discourse..I would respect that if a fan of vpw and plaf was respectful and could openly discuss the material but I don't think very many can do that cause vpw is but a house of cards built on an absent christ that's not the true corner stone but shifting sand.

Edited by OldSkool

9 hours ago, Twinky said:

What's this business of comparing one version of the collaterals with some other version?

the way international has spent years editing errors out of the collaterals...the edits are across the board and a lot of the edits are content and not punctuation. Its been a very long process for them but if they were going to survive a lot of the rants and raves and crazy ideas had to be sanitized...they also had to cover plagaraism as well. So mike made the ludicrous request that I provide him a list of changes that have been edited out of the collaterals...it was an obvious trap for me that since I cant produce the impossible then I must be wrong. Remedial at best. So when I provide ample sources pointing out links in the collaterals he shuts down, refuses to watch any or read along, and says he has other stuff to do. Yeah.

In checking John Jeudes website I noticed that they had even sanitized wierwille's biography on their website by omitting names of people (EW Bullinger, JE Stiles and EW Kenyon) he stole from out of his biography that he used to claim as influences...oh...and mike actually said that John Juedes work was sloppy and biased but he has a real doctorate and does quite a thorough job. From:

http://empirenet.com/~messiah7/tw_new.htm

The biography of founder VP Wierwille on The Way’s website states that Wierwille "consulted and worked with" 14 theologians (“About the Founder Dr. Victor Paul Wierwille,” https://www.theway.org/about-us/about-the-founder/  Dec 2021). Noticeably missing from the list are three authors he heavily plagiarized. Some of the theologians are big names in the liberal theological world, but hold beliefs that are radically different from both Wierwille’s teachings and Biblical teachings. http://www.empirenet.com/~messiah7/vp_bioCoverup.htm

Edited by OldSkool

8 hours ago, Mike said:

I said I would answer your long post when things lighten up for me and I mean it.

How many hours am I late?
What is the page count now?

Nah you have plenty of time to answer...it would take you less than five minutes..your lying...but you can write a multi-paragraph post about whatever tickles your fancy at the moment but you wont take the time to respond to people. This is one of the main reasons you have no credibility here, but that comes with identifying with wierwille. Conversation is a two way street. You probably are scared of getting posessed if you consider what we are saying...you are so bound by this cult you cant even function like a normal person.

I'll get back later to the other errors in your post here, but most important is your omission of a key idea that I have not elaborated on for a long time here.

I have often said that beginning students of PFAL have zero need for the clutter and distractions that footnotes and academic citations bring.  I am also glad the early collaterals are missing the clutter NOW, as I open them to read.

That I have said often.

A rarely stated gladness I have is toward the LACK of pointers to outside teachers the new students of PFAL get. 

Here is the reason:  THERE IS ERROR in the teachings of others, the others VPW got his PFAL teachings from.  

Why expose new students to error?  In a year or two they will have no trouble finding VPW’s sources and then they will be better prepared to separate the truth from the error.

In 1971 the documentation of these teachers was put into Elena Whiteside’s book, “The Way – Living in Love.”   It had been on old tapes prior to that.  It was not hidden information, just delayed, so that new students could mature a little with the foundational principles.

I hear from posters that “The Way – Living in Love”  has been hidden away from all.  This is something worth looking into.  I will ask around within TWI-4 as to what happened to that book.  It may be Elena Whiteside had something to do with it.  I wonder if she extended the copyright, as it is now over 50 years old.

I think TWI probably removed the book themselves, as part of a LONG STANDING policy of “pulling” the old SNT teaching tapes of people who are “no longer with the ministry,” as the heavily used saying went.

They pulled the Rock of Ages movie, probably due to some scenes with a few superstars who are “no longer with the ministry,”  like Ralph D, and lots of early Corps.

I intend to talk to the History Department at TWI-4 about how they might as well include the previously “banned” material since it is readily available on the web to all now. 

Any unvarnished history of TWI will have to include all the great teachers they (TWI-2 and TWI-3) trashed. 

42 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

The biography of founder VP Wierwille on The Way’s website states that Wierwille "consulted and worked with" 14 theologians … Noticeably missing from the list are three authors he heavily plagiarized. Some of the theologians are big names in the liberal theological world, but hold beliefs that are radically different from both Wierwille’s teachings and Biblical teachings. …

I'll get back later to the other errors in your post here, but most important is your omission of a key idea that I have not elaborated on for a long time here.

I have often said that beginning students of PFAL have zero need for the clutter and distractions that footnotes and academic citations bring.  I am also glad the early collaterals are missing the clutter NOW, as I open them to read.

That I have said often.

A rarely stated gladness I have is toward the LACK of pointers to outside teachers the new students of PFAL get. 

Here is the reason:  THERE IS ERROR in the teachings of others, the others VPW got his PFAL teachings from.  

Why expose new students to error?  In a year or two they will have no trouble finding VPW’s sources and then they will be better prepared to separate the truth from the error.

In 1971 the documentation of these teachers was put into Elena Whiteside’s book, “The Way – Living in Love.”   It had been on old tapes prior to that.  It was not hidden information, just delayed, so that new students could mature a little with the foundational principles.

I hear from posters that “The Way – Living in Love”  has been hidden away from all.  This is something worth looking into.  I will ask around within TWI-4 as to what happened to that book.  It may be Elena Whiteside had something to do with it.  I wonder if she extended the copyright, as it is now over 50 years old.

I think TWI probably removed the book themselves, as part of a LONG STANDING policy of “pulling” the old SNT teaching tapes of people who are “no longer with the ministry,” as the heavily used saying went.

They pulled the Rock of Ages movie, probably due to some scenes with a few superstars who are “no longer with the ministry,”  like Ralph D, and lots of early Corps.

I intend to talk to the History Department at TWI-4 about how they might as well include the previously “banned” material since it is readily available on the web to all now.  Any unvarnished history of TWI will have to include all the great teachers they (TWI-2 and TWI-3) trashed. 

11 minutes ago, Mike said:

That I have said often.

I intend to talk to the History Department at TWI-4 about how they might as well include the previously “banned” material since it is readily available on the web to all now.  Any unvarnished history of TWI will have to include all the great teachers they (TWI-2 and TWI-3) trashed. 

This entire post is filled with point after point of complete nonsense.

It's like saying you should never teach your kids anything about life because they're going to die someday anyhow.

9 minutes ago, waysider said:

It's like saying you should never teach your kids anything about life because they're going to die someday anyhow.

Yah, same romantiscised nonsense...I cant wait until he actuall realizes that there is no historical department, its like the research department....poor mike is jumping to the wrong conclusions just like the directors want people to do with their underhanded, lying moves to sanitize vpw. But mike cant actually have a discussion about anything...he just tells us some imagined scenario that's not reality at all...and for mike that works...some people like kool-aid.

11 minutes ago, waysider said:

You must have your reader settings out of kilter.

I would say that my post was MORE LIKE saying you should slightly delay some of the things they will need in life, rather than dump it all on them at too early an age.

Maybe if you fiddle with your reader settings, and go back you will be better able to read my slight delay idea. 

You might be able to read the rest of my post better that way also.

Edited by Mike

1 minute ago, OldSkool said:

Yah, same romantiscised nonsense...I cant wait until he actuall realizes that there is no historical department, its like the research department....poor mike is jumping to the wrong conclusions just like the directors want people to do with their underhanded, lying moves to sanitize vpw. But mike cant actually have a discussion about anything...he just tells us some imagined scenario that's not reality at all...and for mike that works...some people like kool-aid.

LoL

You mean there is no Reparations Department, either ?????

I love this statement from John Jeudes about twi removing EW Bullinger, JE Stiles and EW Kenyon from VPW's sources:

If TWI was honest about noting Wierwille’s primary influences, and considered plagiarism an ethical practice, it would feature these men in Wierwille’s bio.

By leaving out Bullinger, Stiles and Kenyon, TWI hopes to avoid embarrassment when its followers read books by those men and discover Wierwille’s plagiarism for themselves.

Edited by OldSkool

Just now, Mike said:

LoL

You mean there is no Reparations Department, either ?????

You are totally clueless...the historical department has been non-existant for years as well as the research department. Its there in name only...you once again prove your ignorance.

1 minute ago, Mike said:

I would say that my post was MORE LIKE saying you should slightly delay some of the things they will need in life, rather than dump it all on them at too early an age.

You're "slight delay" approach is nonsense, as well. I never said anything about slightly delaying anything nor did I say anything about dumping it all on them at once.

Why don't you ask some of your academic colleagues how they feel about deliberately obscuring sources of reference? I'm anxiously awaiting their response.

13 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

I love this statement from John Jeudes about twi removing EW Bullinger, JE Stiles and EW Kenyon from VPW's sources:

If TWI was honest about noting Wierwille’s primary influences, and considered plagiarism an ethical practice, it would feature these men in Wierwille’s bio.

By leaving out Bullinger, Stiles and Kenyon, TWI hopes to avoid embarrassment when its followers read books by those men and discover Wierwille’s plagiarism for themselves.

Johnny Jumpup and Maggie Muggins from BG Leonard’s class approve of this message.

:jump:

• Like 1