GreaseSpot Cafe

Loy Martindale and His NEW Remnant

bliss

https://youtube.com/@remnantadventure3251?si=9nzWGoOL0LyU_Vyl

Somebody explain to me how anyone would give him a platform let alone feel qualified to use the “reverend” title!  All he’s doing is regurgitating his books teachings and using Weirwille stories. He turned 75 in Nov.  Remnant Grace. He needs grace for sure to get more than 500 youtube subs. It looks like he’s using (duped)a group from another country - most watched views come from the French translation. Listening at your own risk- it gave me some bad memories. 

Edited by bliss
title caps

• bliss changed the title to Loy Martindale and His NEW Remnant
9 hours ago, waysider said:

I'm still waiting for someone to explain what "hot bible" is. (I'm not holding my breath.)

I would bet it's an archaic remnant of 1970s Jesus Movement rhetoric. Key word being archaic. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/29/2024 at 8:39 AM, waysider said:

I'm still waiting for someone to explain what "hot bible" is. (I'm not holding my breath.)

Is this where the friction from all the paper rubbing going on marking capital and lower case H’s and “also’s” cause spontaneous combustion?  
:biglaugh:

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/28/2024 at 9:44 AM, bliss said:

https://youtube.com/@remnantadventure3251?si=9nzWGoOL0LyU_Vyl

Somebody explain to me how anyone would give him a platform let alone feel qualified to use the “reverend” title!  All he’s doing is regurgitating his books teachings and using Weirwille stories. He turned 75 in Nov.  Remnant Grace. He needs grace for sure to get more than 500 youtube subs. It looks like he’s using (duped)a group from another country - most watched views come from the French translation. Listening at your own risk- it gave me some bad memories. 

He is playing out his false vision of himself as Paul, persecuted, imprisoned, but still putting out content.  Except he lives in a free country with a lot of opportunity.   And he is only imprisoned by the Way paying him a hush money stipend.

YouTube is free.   YouTube “entrepreneurs” need about 250k subscribers to even make a partial living, which is about 150k more than the greatest reach the cult ever had.  He is at 500.

The “reverend” title in practical application in today's society is certainly not one that commands the type of narcissist fawning over that VP or LCM envisioned.  It more is on par with “shaman, or guru”.  In mainstream Christian circles “pastor” carries more significant weight.  In the Way that term carries little weight except for one of the “gift ministries”.  That term in the Way is every bit as convoluted as the rest of their interpretation of the “one body” section of scripture in Corinthians.  It is a magical quality bestowed by the top Machiavellians to those who say nothing but “yes” to every sycophant command.  “Pastor” including the varying degrees and positions in mainstream Christianity (I.e. Associate Pastor, Head Pastor) at least describes an analogy of the job of taking care of people, something that the Way will never figure out because they have other priorities, like trademarking WOW.

LCM is isolated out on his own island stranded by the political play of those closest to him.  He won't escape that reality.

He is not an isolated instance either.  Paul talking about the family faith being made shipwreck, you probably have even up to a hundred other mini moglets from a Way background with their own little isolated mental realities teaching their version of Way interpreted scripture, paying homage to “the doctor” and trying to carve out their own little subsistence off of shipwrecked tithes.

"YouTube is free.   YouTube “entrepreneurs” need about 250k subscribers to even make a partial living, which is about 150k more than the greatest reach the cult ever had.  He is at 500. "

[Sorry, I need to correct that. As always, vpw wildly exaggerated his importance.  He claimed the 100,000 figure as total number of people who EVER SIGNED UP for pfal.   That number is higher than the number of people who showed up for Session 1, which is higher than the number of people who showed up for Session 12 and "graduated", which is higher than the number of people who stuck around for at least 3 months after that, which is higher than the number of people who stuck around for a whole year (if not MUCH higher, that last one is still higher.)

The best estimate for total number of people in twi at any time was double the ROA attendance of any year.  IIRC, that gave us a ceiling of 47,000=48,000  on their most populous year, so rounded up to give them the benefit of the doubt, that gave them the greatest reach of 50,000, not 100,000.  So, the "partial living" figure is about 200k more than the greatest reach twi ever had, at least concerning US figures.  Figures overseas are harder to get because of so many factors making the numbers fluctuate.  (vpw complained about "rice Christians" in "the Dilemma of Foreign Missions", but he had no compunctions on using them later for twi, inflating his numbers by those who weren't there because of their faith, but there for what they could get from twi.]

"He is not an isolated instance either.  Paul talking about the family faith being made shipwreck, you probably have even up to a hundred other mini moglets from a Way background with their own little isolated mental realities teaching their version of Way interpreted scripture, paying homage to “the doctor” and trying to carve out their own little subsistence off of shipwrecked tithes. "

[I agree, but this is largely self-correcting over time.  A number of those moglets have dropped dead of old age by now.  More will do so in the next 20-40 years, and twi itself is increasingly more of a footnote in history, something where an asterisk directs you to the bottom of the page, where their name is mentioned, but not worth including in the main body of the text.]

Heck.  Does anybody care about this deluded fellow? 

Honestly, the best thing that he can do is to join a good church that really works with disadvantaged people, then "get his hands dirty" learning to serve others.  Before he does that, however, he needs to acquire a large roll of duct tape, zip his lips, and just watch and learn.  Nothing that comes out of his mouth will be helpful.

• Like 1

On 3/9/2024 at 1:48 AM, WordWolf said:

"YouTube is free.   YouTube “entrepreneurs” need about 250k subscribers to even make a partial living, which is about 150k more than the greatest reach the cult ever had.  He is at 500. "

[Sorry, I need to correct that. As always, vpw wildly exaggerated his importance.  He claimed the 100,000 figure as total number of people who EVER SIGNED UP for pfal.   That number is higher than the number of people who showed up for Session 1, which is higher than the number of people who showed up for Session 12 and "graduated", which is higher than the number of people who stuck around for at least 3 months after that, which is higher than the number of people who stuck around for a whole year (if not MUCH higher, that last one is still higher.)

The best estimate for total number of people in twi at any time was double the ROA attendance of any year.  IIRC, that gave us a ceiling of 47,000=48,000  on their most populous year, so rounded up to give them the benefit of the doubt, that gave them the greatest reach of 50,000, not 100,000.  So, the "partial living" figure is about 200k more than the greatest reach twi ever had, at least concerning US figures.  Figures overseas are harder to get because of so many factors making the numbers fluctuate.  (vpw complained about "rice Christians" in "the Dilemma of Foreign Missions", but he had no compunctions on using them later for twi, inflating his numbers by those who weren't there because of their faith, but there for what they could get from twi.]

"He is not an isolated instance either.  Paul talking about the family faith being made shipwreck, you probably have even up to a hundred other mini moglets from a Way background with their own little isolated mental realities teaching their version of Way interpreted scripture, paying homage to “the doctor” and trying to carve out their own little subsistence off of shipwrecked tithes. "

[I agree, but this is largely self-correcting over time.  A number of those moglets have dropped dead of old age by now.  More will do so in the next 20-40 years, and twi itself is increasingly more of a footnote in history, something where an asterisk directs you to the bottom of the page, where their name is mentioned, but not worth including in the main body of the text.]

On the numbers as you expounded I was going for any reported high water mark.  As you detailed reality is somewhat lower.

Like the benefits to being in a cult….