GreaseSpot Cafe

Any newbies at any offshoots?

vickles

TWI and its off....s remind me of that Heinlein novel, "Stranger in a Strange Land". You pays your money, you takes your class, then you find out that there's another class, with advanced information, and you pays your money, you takes your class, and then you find out there's ANOTHER class, and so on . . .and then you find out there's a TRAINING PROGRAM.

And the only way you can understand all the jargon is to be spiritual enough.

jonaim....My hubby is fellowshipping with CRF too. But long distance ...we live in California.

From what I've heard on his tapes he is a very loving man and has never asked us for money.

J.H. has sent us his classes at his own expence and from what I heard he foot the bill for most of the advanced class.

Not everything VPW taught was wrong and J.H. and Craig C. seem to be weeding out the bad and teaching the good.

I can't honestly say that I myself am fellowshipping with CRF, but I have taken 2 of his classes.

There are no fellowships of his in our area and my hubby wants to start one and asked me to be his assistant, I said no, but my older son would do it.

I'm still scared of "joining" anything. but if he does this he has left it up to me whether I want to go or not.

I do have to confess that I have been listening to his tapes in private ssshhhh don't tell on me. And I am impressed with him.

Hubby is a long time friend of Craig C dating way back to Whittier Ca. His brother Chris witnessed to my hubby at a college.

I'd like to know more about this group. Would you PT me?

Dovey....proud owner of two low riders...Dovey's Doxies...... Dovey

I run what I guess would be called a TWI offshot, but I would hate to call it that. Still, if the shoe fits...right?

Do we have any newbies? No not really. And I admit that is our fault. For a while we were tied in to hard to TWI teachings. Many of us had that hold over "we are better than everyone else" attitude. But I am fighting that with every thing I can muster. The only problem is that I sometimes find I am having to fight it in my own life as well.

We are not better and we do not have more or better "Word of God" than anyone else and in many cases we were wrong. We were to work together with all Christians and we were and are just to stupied and bull headed to do it.

Sometimes we have been unloving. That is a fight all of us have to deal with ourselves. I can't make you loving, I can only work to be more loving my self. I can think of lots of times when I messed up badly. Some recently, some a while ago.

Sometimes we even "played at church." I'm sure you know what I mean by that. All of us have been guilty of that at some time or other.

I do know that while we have not grown much locally, we have through the internet. No I don't have any newbies close by, but we work with new Christians in Poland, India, Kenya and other countries and giving them finacial aid when we can, no strings attached We send them teachings free of charge and I hope that we are blessing them. These are groups with no TWI links, they are just our brothers in Christ. We have some difference in understanding, but that doesn't make them any less our brothers.

Locally we have spent much time trying to heal. To re-examine the teachings we had while with TWI and from other offshoots. I pray that we do this with God's guidence and not our own bias.

Yes I would like to grow. It has been too easy to be comfortable with the small group that we have. But I also have to admit that I would like to see this "we are better than you and have the answers" attitude gone among our people before we grow and it is this attitude that I believe has done more to keep us from growing than any other.

Please keep us in your prayers.

Wow, keith, your heart sounds like its in a good place. I'll be praying for you and your group. This is what I thought twi was all about. At one time, anyways. I hope it works for you and your fellowship!!!! And I truly mean that!!!

Ok!! I will not try to be a nice person...ok? I will not!!

Hey Keith, ditto to Vickles.

One thing you might consider is community involvement, helping the needy. Food Banks that provide meals and groceries to people. United Way has lots of organizations under their umbrella, you can give them a call. Just cleaning out your closets and garages and taking all your old coats and clothes and stuff and donating them to people. It's Christmas. Some people aren't going to have much to share or share with others. Wouldn't it be nice to know some kids out there got something to make their season a little better? Life is hard for a lot of little ones who didn't ask for it to be that way. Might be someone out there that needs you, you've got a lot to offer. icon_smile.gif:)-->

Its' so very far away, takes about a half a day to get there,

If we travel by my dragonfly....

(Jimi)

Cool. icon_smile.gif:)--> It's like a "group hug". icon_cool.gif

I know one thing a lot of us used to dislike was being told what we had to do via Way Tree bureaucracy, whatever the next Big Thing was for our fellowships, yearly themes, "get the tape" instructions, "teach this", don't teach that. People here talk about the "old wineskins" thing of everything being tossed out from the past, etc. etc. etc. and it being anathema to reference certain things, yada yada. I can see that's not where you're at. icon_smile.gif:)-->But yeah, community stuff might be something cool to do for those who want to.

It's a "sermon we can see". I often think of Jesus and the ol' loaves and fishes. The Samritan helping the guy who got attacked.

Hungry peop's, gotta eat.

Its' so very far away, takes about a half a day to get there,

If we travel by my dragonfly....

(Jimi)

"It's a "sermon we can see". I often think of Jesus and the ol' loaves and fishes. The Samritan helping the guy who got attacked.

Hungry peop's, gotta eat."

We've gone off topic, but.... What set this idea for me was an often overlooked statement. When Judas left to betray Jesus it says that some of the disciples thought he was going to give money to the poor. Why would they have thought that if it was not something that Jesus told Judas to do on a regular baisis.

Just Thinking,

Thank you for commenting on my 'sour mood'.

I think what happened was as I started to write that post, it brought back all those thoughts and emotions I felt many times when I was in TWI.

Attending fellowship 3/week was a strain for me(and I'm sure for many, many others). It stole my social life away. It stole my time away. I could never be part of the human race it seemed because...I HAD TO GO TO FELLOWSHIP or I WASN'T COMMITTED.

I could not take evening courses. I could not take self-interest courses. I felt like TWI had me by the balls...(Figure of speech of course icon_biggrin.gif:D-->)

'til the next time...

ALP,

"ALP" makes you sound a bit Nordic.

You are very welcome! Me making up for lost time? Absolutely and I'm just now making my way out of TWI. Although the truth is has been happening for some time. The ironic thing to me is how many other people could be mistaken for me. Kind of involved but now realizing their kids aren't getting any younger or they only have so much time with their spouse and family.

My biggest change has been to spend great moments with my family. Sadly, there was damage due to time lost but it's being put together and life is become wonderful again.

So, I guess, I should thank you for asking too. :-) You, Oakspear and Ex always seem to make my day.

JT,

Thank you for the beautiful compliment...it is a pleasure to help someone 'make their day'.

So glad to hear you are exiting that place called TWI.

The damage in your family will certainly heal up in time and you will find that the bonds are now sweeter and tighter more than ever before.

Congrats and welcome home!

'til the next time...

Hi.

It has been a while since I posted. (I almost forgot my GS password...)

I travel a lot and visit many ex-twi fellowships. I have seen lots of new people who have no twi roots. There have been so many that I have altered my teachings to be more generic in nature and I have consciously tried to not use twi terminology.

That has been a good thing. I noticed that when I lapsed and used twi terminlolgy that the grads did not track as well with what I was teaching. The terminology sort of spawned an " already know that - click!" response. I found that if I rephrased things in new ways that I was able to better hold people's attention. So now I try to teach as if no one had a twi background!

• 11 years later...