GreaseSpot Cafe

(Not) Goodbye (Now)

searcher

There have been many references made, across several threads, that something has changed on the board due to the influx of new posters,(I believe the phrase used was 'Jumping the Shark'), I am one of the new posters, here out of curiosity because Refiner posted about this place on another board, I did a search for GreaseSpot Caf?nd found this place and signed up.

However, I feel quite guilty now about being part of the ‘issue’ discussed in a thread here so I will leave the board, I do not wish to be part of an issue that is causing many to be uncomfortable, I say ‘many’ because there has been a lot of talk about PT’s and emails, so obviously there is more unrest than is actually discussed in the forums.

I don’t usually post ‘goodbye’ threads but in this instance I wanted to apologise for being part of the issue. So please accept my apology.

Thank you to the ones who posted to answer the questions I asked while I was here.

Edited by searcher

i believe 1searcher was already here and then searcher came along for a really short visit

do you think the ex-dubs are getting a taste of mark & avoid by some ? when m&A is practiced in the way international, are they so nice and subtle (sneaky) about it, at first ?

God

Hi All

I do not understand so they are mad because of what happen to them in Jehovah witness while were mad about what happen in the Way

So they say things we do not want to hear I did that too the first few years I got out

But I got over it but the pain still holds me back some

I read the post here when he said we was leaven some good but some bad ones

I read things like I got from the Way leadership what wrong with this picture

Yes there posting was not what I wanted to hear at times but all we not all just people with God help

That all for now

with Love Roy

Searcher, I am sure that it is nothing that you wrote. Frankly, a few of the posters here can be somewhat antagonistic, especially when it comes to their politics. Most are pretty good though and are quite helpful. Stop by anytime. You sound like a good hearted person.

Peace!

Searcher -- you may have left by now, but my "2 pence worth" would be, feel welcome to participate anytime. You never caused any problems. (imo)

We probably did, and for no other reason than we were just being "us".

We should of read your signature a little closer.

"Someone who thinks logically provides a nice contrast to the real world."

Thanks for spending some time in our little corner of cyber-space. icon_smile.gif:)-->

Have a good journey, and travel light!

Searcher, I JUST posted a "things are changing-and-I-don't-like-it" post. It wasn't about you at all. IMO, it has been happening for awhile, and while I feel the one thread started by Refiner was, for me "The last straw", I wasn't referrring to you. I've only seen a few of your posts and they didn't seem offensive. This "Change" really isn't about the influx of new posters. It's (To me at least) about the content of threads, regardless of the poster, that for some of us, are getting more offensive than they used to be.

Searcher

Maybe reconsider and hang in here awile I know of nothing you have done to anger anyone here.

I did notice over on the JW online site you posted about me and since we have never met or talked I wonder how you arrived at these conclusions. Not a real big thing but I would think maybe we can talk sometime and make sure that what you believe is based in truth not opinion. I have none of you because I don't know you so I can't speak of you. Hope you stay around so that we may learn.

WhiteDove

My reading comprehension is quite good and there was a strong suggestion of a ‘conspiracy’ in the posts of some here.

I thought the best way of showing that I was not part of some perceived conspiracy was to ‘leave’, stop posting here.

I carried on reading here because I am still interested in learning about TWI, and so I saw that the discussion of the situation was still going on, so I posted my feelings about it (over there) where anyone from there or here could ‘challenge’ those feelings should they so wish.

I am sorry people to have posted on a ‘goodbye’ thread, not good form I know, but I felt that WhiteDove deserved an explanation and answer to his question.

Searcher:

You sound like a good poster. I must tell you that there are food fights in this place all the time. I think it is because of the oppressive religious background that many of the posters come from. Now people have their freedom and are afraid to lose it. To be blunt this fear sometimes makes people stupid while showing extremely poor judgement as to who the oppressors really are and who the deliverer is. I have tried to explain this in a teaching that I did, but people are sometimes very slow to get the message.

Anyway I hope you decide to keep posting. Sorry again for the food fights. They are definitely not your fault, but to be honest people need a strong stomach in this place. Here is a link to my teaching on Jesus Christ's Lordship.

Peace, brother.

http://www.waychrist.com/Lordship_JC.htm

Raf

Thank you for the coffee, I would LOVE to stick around, I find this site fascinating and the study if TWI so interesting.

Posting ‘goodbye was the only way I could see of distancing myself on this board from a situation as I perceived it, I am however, willing to concede that my perception could have been ‘off’.

Now I have a HUGE confession to make to you Raf

I ………….erm……………

Don’t like coffee, probably because I am English, I drink LOTS of tea,

Searcher, Tea is a much better drink than coffee. It not only is better for you, but it also tastes better. How do you like your tea? Perhaps with lemon and sugar. This may not be very English, but I like my tea iced and with lemon and sugar.

Thanks for posting.

I make a mean cherry pie searcher!

I hope your previous post just above is a confession that you'd really enjoy sticking around a while.

IF there is a conspiracy - I doubt you're poart of it!

What kind of ice cream can I put on your pie?