Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

According to McCartney, it epitomizes the downfalls of life. He said in 1994:

"Maxwell's Silver Hammer" is my analogy for when something goes wrong out of the blue, as it so often does, as I was beginning to find out at that time in my life. I wanted something symbolic of that, so to me it was some fictitious character called Maxwell with a silver hammer. I don't know why it was silver, it just sounded better than Maxwell's hammer. It was needed for scanning. We still use that expression now when something unexpected happens.

From Scopes.com
As Steve Turner noted in A Hard Day's Write, his volume on the origins of Beatles songs:

"John told me that 'Maxwell's Silver Hammer' was about the law of karma," says former Apple employee Tony King. "We were talking one day about 'Instant Karma' because something happened where he'd been clobbered and he'd said that this was an example of instant karma. I asked him whether he believed in that theory. He said that he did and that 'Maxwell's Silver Hammer' was the first song that they'd made about that. He said that the idea behind the song was that the minute you do something that's not right, Maxwell's silver hammer will come down on your head."

Paul said at the time that the song "epitomizes the downfalls of life. Just when everything is going smoothly, 'bang, bang' down comes Maxwell's silver hammer and ruins everything."

Edited by moony3424

Those are some farout choices Cowgirl. You seem to find ones needed of late, cool.

And I see that you Act2 and Cowgirl have similar taste in music. How fun. I like the stuff your hubby does more. :)

And then Moon Girl peeks in to brag about her green grass. :wink2: Who must have a former Ohio man there about now.

That's cool stuff on that Beatles song Moon Girl.

I need to eat. It's been a very full day.

['ChattyKathy' said: I like the stuff your hubby does more. :) ]

Do you also watch RFD-TV?? Pop Goes the Country (Ralph Emery), Wilburn Brothers, Porter Wagoner-- oh my gosh, my stomach just turns when he has those shows on!!!! :yawn1:

Well don't tell him but some of that I enjoyed just cause it brought back memories and it was hanging out with y'all but I'm not watching it here now. :biglaugh:

And I saw you :yawn1: a few times when he and I were glued to the screen. :wink2:

:love3: Ted and Moon Girl, together at last, sitting in a tree k-i-s-s-i-n-g, well it just kinda came out. :love3:

I know this one, well I knew the couple but I looked it up to see the name of the production company to make sure it wasn't something prior to what I knew it as.

And I knew this studio also which was fun. Thanks Sudo. :)

Desilu Productions was a company jointly owned by American actors Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz.

Sudo,

But nope I can't think of a particular movie for some reason.

The RKO antenna brings to mind the original (and ONLY imo ) King Kong.

I always liked the 'RKO Radio Picture' title with the giant antenna. I used to wonder what the heck is a 'radio picture'?

The one studio title that I may have liked better was the OLD Universal title, with the airplane circling the globe.

Yes it is and I was just thinking. This man neither you or I mentioned not by name had a life that women probably wouldn't have adored. Yet his song was worth the effort to listen. That seems to apply to life in general. I may not care for the messenger but the product can be an entirely different matter.

Okay I'm leaving now. :unsure:

(edits :blink: )

(okay how many times can you have the same word in one sentence :redface: )

(and I won't even try to fix the incompleteness of the first sentence :biglaugh: )

(I just had to add another edit notation so I could have more things in edit than I did in the original post)

Edited by ChattyKathy