Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Star" is fine. :biglaugh:

New Trier High School serves a large part of the near north suburbs of Chicago, and so there's a large talent pool.

Something I suppose I should point out, is that the New Trier Township had so many baby boomers that a second school was built. The old school became New Trier East, and the newer one (which I attended) was New Trier West. By the early 80's, though, the enrollment had diminished enough to necessitate the closing of one campus. Becuase the older campus had more room, it once again became New Trier High School. The newer campus was used briefly as a community college, but was vacant enough to be used in movies. The high school in "Uncle Buck" is New Trier West! A new influx of kids in the 90's prompted the re-opening of the west campus, but now it serves as the freshman campus, while upperclassmen go to the east campus.

I don't think any of the stars I listed actually went to New Trier West, though the younger ones might have done their freshman year there. Virgina Madsen is only a few years younger than me, but she went to East.

George

That ring's not magic. it's based on sound scientific principles. Green energy housed in a giant power battery on Oa, which is overseen by identical little blue men called the Guardians. The power is stored in lanterns which power the rings, so the wearers can create giant boxing gloves,drills, or anything they can think of.

Magic? Why that would be just impossible.

Hiway has it (AGAIN!).

Ann-Margret, Bruce Dern, Rock Hudson, Rainn Wilson, Charlton Heston, Virginia Madsen, Adam Baldwin, Ralph Bellamy, Charlotte Ross, and Carlos Bernard all attended New Trier High School, as did the scoundrel in the attached photo.

George

post-33-1176481619_thumb.jpg

Uh, who IS this "scoundrel"?

Rick

Hey guys,

Since this thread has such a long history of giving pleasure...I thought I might give it another try... just to see if there's any interest at all. So.... who's who in this clip I ripped from a movie I downloaded? When was the movie made? Who directed? There are ways to be coy about all these questions but the most important questions is... did you guys *like* this movie?? I sure did. Some of the lead actors are still alive...

sudo

Hmm.. interesting that folks would know this by the famous line alone having never seen the movie. And its a good movie, too. For those of you who haven't seen it... its more of a chick flick love story than you would think.

I'm betting the brother is going by you guys unrecognized. He was one of the finest actors to appear in Hollywood movies, IMO. I remember going to see a movie back in the early '80's. I was on a double date and didn't really want to see this movie but everybody else wanted to see it so I went. It turned out to be a pretty dang entertaining movie that I think is a little under-rated today because of who the star was. But the actor playing the "I could have been a contender"'s brother had a major role in this movie and though I was a fan, I didn't know that he was in the cast before seeing the movie.

And after seeing the movie? I didn't know who the actor was until I saw the credits roll!! I couldn't believe how fooled I was!! Here was one of my favorite actors and he was so good I didn't even recognize him.

Does anyone have an idea what movie I'm talking about?? Or what actor??

sudo

George,

My wife must be right.. I'm terrible about communicating. My bad. I was doing all this talking about the actor who plays Marlon Brando's brother in the snippet of the movie I posted. Everyone must have been scratching their heads.. here's the clip again...

sudo